Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

If you notice -- the "A" is capitalized...hence it being pronounced like the letter. If it was as you thought, they'd have spelled it "chick-fil-a."

Do not try to muddy the waters
with logic! :laughing:

I don't know why.
It just... is.

At least that's the best answer I can come up with. I've lived in the south my whole life, so I've never heard it pronounced any other way other than the correct way. Honestly never even thought that it could be pronounced any other way.

Once I heard it,
I was like "D'oh! Of course!!!"

But until then...
I wasn't thinking of play
on words.

Just. That's the way I thought of it.

totally worth it so you don't embarrass yourself later in life.

Yep. No one will ever know
that I thought it was
"Chick-Fill-Ah".

Er.... uh....
No one else.

I'm going to be staying at GCH (technically the villa side with DVC points) -- was it as spectacular of a lobby as everyone says?

No. Not really.

It's better.

The one that isn't your daughter. Liesa.

Probably a good call.

You know -- first that petting farm and then Anabella...I might have to ask you to never visit WDW or DL again. No business is safe after you visit.

:rolleyes1

:lmao:

No. There should be snow on the ground 365 days of the year.

Nah. Not in Vancouver.
They don't get snow.
Just rain.

I'd like to file a possible grievance on this question. Did you get home at 11:30 pm or did your plane land at 11:30 pm. If the latter, then I am guessing you actually arrived at your house around 12:30 am? If so...I respectfully request an addition 30 points to be added. :-)

Judges decisions are final.

:snooty:

will PM for bonus

Got it!

Great shirt. Approx how many Harley shirts do you have?

Not really sure!
I don't get a shirt
at every Harley place.

So.... 20? 30?

So NOT worth it!

Correct!!!

Liesa looked like she didn't mind having her picture taken. Rightly so. This photo is cute!

Yes she is! :)

Yes, because it is so vast.

That's a vast understatement.

Will PM sightings.

:magnify:

Got it!

Yikes I almost missed answering a bonus question - how am I going to catch up if I forgot the important points?

Close one! :scared:

Nope not worth it - I will still pronounce it Chick fill-ah because I will forget the correct saying and I won't have to worry because I won't ever get to one to mispronounce it.

And now that I know...

I'm still saying "Chick-Fill-ah"

I remember being stuck on a tour bus in LA and hearing an ad for some store and looking at my sister and going - oh great we come all this way to LA to hear an ad on the radio by my cousin. Go figure - he does voice overs on radio ads - now that was worth it.

:laughing: Okay, now that's funny!

He recently lost his home in the Montecito flooding.

But that is not.
I suppose he was insured?
Hopefully? And covered for that??

That's just terrible.

But that is not.
I suppose he was insured?
Hopefully? And covered for that??

That's just terrible.
Yes I heard from his Mom that he is fully covered including rental for at least 4 years while they rebuild. His wife made them leave during the evacuation warning so they were not home during the flooding but his house has made the TV pictures so I do know that it is gone. Maybe they will have to come home to Canada for an extended visit while they rebuild.

Yikes I almost missed answering a bonus question - how am I going to catch up if I forgot the important points?
Close one! :scared:
I know and just think I almost missed it. I am sure that I won't be the big winner but I can dream.

Yes I heard from his Mom that he is fully covered including rental for at least 4 years while they rebuild.

Good! Glad to hear that.
Although... Four years.

Then again, I suspect
with all the homes being
rebuilt...
It will take time.

His wife made them leave during the evacuation warning so they were not home during the flooding

Smart wife. Glad she had the foresight to get out.

but his house has made the TV pictures so I do know that it is gone. Maybe they will have to come home to Canada for an extended visit while they rebuild.

Wow. You saw that.
But you knew they
were out already?

I know and just think I almost missed it. I am sure that I won't be the big winner but I can dream.

One never knows.
You'll find out
in a few more days.

(Just giving stragglers
the chance to post. :))

Wow. You saw that.
But you knew they
were out already?
Yes my Aunt told us as well he marked himself safe on facebook. She told us his house was on the news and we knew where he lived so I googled his address to see where he actually was and he is right in the middle of one of the big flow streams.

I meant no offense to your state of Texas!

Just taking advantage of the opportunity to post a picture of an otter wearing a beret.

(And I totally get the irritation with the spelling error!)

:goodvibes:
Don’t worry.
I took no offense.

I just don’t want everyone to think we’re uneducated. :-)

ooooohhh...
Hit a sore spot.
Actually, I had no idea
it was Texas.

But!
That article with the
analysis was interesting....

Except...

I could fake that easily.
The analysis I mean.

Soooo.... :rolleyes1

The colors on the garage match Texas state flag.

And it was widely circulated on social media after Harvey.

I'll give any slow pokes
a few more days
Oops...well, I guess that's me...:guilty:

Not far away,
practically across the street
was the Anaheim Convention Center.
And Comic Con was going on.
If you've never been to one...
Go!
They're a ton of fun.
People dress up in costumes
ranging from silly to
breathtakingly elaborate.
Very cool. I've watched some of Comic Con on Youtube. It would be fun to go, but doubtful I ever will. And while it may be fun, I've read there's an awful lot of queuing up at 2am to get into a 9am presentation, which doesn't sound so fun, so maybe pass...

It only took being stuck for hours
on a freeway to reveal the truth.
Totally worth it.

Bonus points if you agree it was worth it.
(Or not. Bonus points either way)
Well, you need all the help you can get, so yes, totally worth it :p

Disheartened and disappointed,
we set out for the long journey
back to Anaheim.
Ah man, not nice. Sad that Kay never got to see the sign.

Some kind of.... nuts,
or seeds, were falling
out of the trees.
No idea, really.
But it wasn't bird poop,
so I consider that a win.
Well, any day that you can eat lunch without being actively defecated on is a win I guess.

Around 2:30pm, Vancouver
appeared through the clouds.
Nice picture. The only time I flew into Vancouver it was night time, so no pics. And my connection left a couple hours later in the dark.

See?
Doesn't it look Canadian?
(Tell me why. Bonus points.)
Well, it isn't covered with fast food joint signs like certain places to the south...
(don't get me wrong, Canada has plenty of those too, but it seems just a tad worse down there. I was amazed at that during my first trip to Houston years ago. I couldn't believe the number of different outlets)

It's subtle... but maybe
you can figure it out.
Lemme know. Bonus points.
This almost slipped by! It's a tough one. But some days I start to forget what my teenager's face looks like, on account of it being buried in her phone. That, plus the inevitable eye roll and "you're taking that picture for the DisDads, aren't you". As though that's not considered important or something! sheesh...

I apologize, I have not kept up. I just read everything! I just concluded the most whirlwind month and a half of my life. Things are not slowing down but I am trying to take time out for me, like reading my favorite trip report.

It looks like you guys had a great time. I had always wondered about Naples Pizzeria but you were so convincing I probably will not try it.

edit: I will probably start my trip report from november...some day soon. Are you starting your WDW one soon?

Yes my Aunt told us as well he marked himself safe on facebook.

Smart. I never use fb...
but that is a good use for it.

She told us his house was on the news and we knew where he lived so I googled his address to see where he actually was and he is right in the middle of one of the big flow streams.

Hopefully he won't be
displaced for too long.

Oops...well, I guess that's me...:guilty:

Yeah! It's you! What the heck, dude???

:laughing:
Just kidding.
No worries!
I get that people
have lives.

Very cool. I've watched some of Comic Con on Youtube. It would be fun to go, but doubtful I ever will. And while it may be fun, I've read there's an awful lot of queuing up at 2am to get into a 9am presentation, which doesn't sound so fun, so maybe pass...

Really?
I've only been to the Winnipeg one.
And I just walk around checking the booths
and the people.
I did go to the costume contest...
But walked in 5 minutes beforehand
and grabbed a seat.

Well, you need all the help you can get, so yes, totally worth it :p

This is true. :rolleyes:

Ah man, not nice. Sad that Kay never got to see the sign.

Yeah. Pretty disappointing.
Ah well.

Well, any day that you can eat lunch without being actively defecated on is a win I guess.

I think you can say that
about just about anything!

Nice picture. The only time I flew into Vancouver it was night time, so no pics. And my connection left a couple hours later in the dark.

Next time visit for a bit.
Nice place. Nicer area.

Well, it isn't covered with fast food joint signs like certain places to the south...
(don't get me wrong, Canada has plenty of those too, but it seems just a tad worse down there. I was amazed at that during my first trip to Houston years ago. I couldn't believe the number of different outlets)

Now that is an interesting
observation!

And... I've had the same
thoughts in the past.

This almost slipped by! It's a tough one. But some days I start to forget what my teenager's face looks like, on account of it being buried in her phone. That, plus the inevitable eye roll and "you're taking that picture for the DisDads, aren't you". As though that's not considered important or something! sheesh...

Priorities ya know!

I apologize, I have not kept up.

What????

Just kidding. :)
Nice to see you again, Tanner!

I just read everything!

OMG. Are you okay?
Do you need to lie down?

I just concluded the most whirlwind month and a half of my life. Things are not slowing down but I am trying to take time out for me, like reading my favorite trip report.

Phew! I hope things
start to slow down.

Nice of you to stop in
before heading off
to read your favourite TR.

It looks like you guys had a great time.

We did!
A few minor bumps, but...

I had always wondered about Naples Pizzeria but you were so convincing I probably will not try it.

Oh, no.
I think we all enjoyed
our food...
Just don't remember
what it was!
That was almost
a year ago!

edit: I will probably start my trip report from november...some day soon. Are you starting your WDW one soon?

Well.... maybe.
Details in a few days.

What????

Just kidding. :)
Nice to see you again, Tanner!

Thank you, thank you.

About as welcoming as my grandmother..:sad2: just kidding

OMG. Are you okay?
Do you need to lie down?

I slept in and just about missed a quiz. too much lying down apparently...your trip report did this to me :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Phew! I hope things
start to slow down.

Nice of you to stop in
before heading off
to read your favourite TR.

You are too modest, this is my favorite.

They are, I bit off more than I could chew with school(5 classes) and work(40-50 hours a week) and girlfriend(needs attention) and cats(need more attention)

We did!
A few minor bumps, but...

Those bumps become good memories down the road.

Well.... maybe.
Details in a few days.

I will cross my fingers. :bounce:

Thank you, thank you.

About as welcoming as my grandmother..:sad2: just kidding

Sorry about the pinched cheek.
You can keep the quarter, though.

I slept in and just about missed a quiz. too much lying down apparently...your trip report did this to me :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You got off easy!

You are too modest, this is my favorite.

:blush:
Aww... thanks.

They are, I bit off more than I could chew with school(5 classes) and work(40-50 hours a week) and girlfriend(needs attention) and cats(need more attention)

Holy crap!
You're a walking advertisement
for cloning!

Those bumps become good memories down the road.

Or part of my defence
at the trial.

I will cross my fingers. :bounce:

Few more days and... we'll see.

Ah.
Had no idea.
Just thought it was
a weirdly painted garage.

I know I'm biased -- but I think Texas has the best state flag. The single star is indicative of our being "The lone star state" -- which is a reference back to the fact that Texas used to be its own country.

upload_2018-1-25_12-4-42.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter