Canadian resident pricing - Disneyland question

Laur0406

Mouseketeer
Pre-covid, we purchased DLR Canadian resident tickets. We planned on going March 2020 but then COVID hit and we couldn't. The tickets expired last month, but customer service told us when we purchase similar new tickets through them, they'll refund the old purchase to avoid us having to go to customer service in person and exchange for new tickets.

That's helpful, but our Canadian resident 4 day, 1 park per day tickets with maxpass cost almost $500 less than a similar ticket today (4 day, 1 park per day with genie+) which is crazy.

Any advice on getting some Disney magic from customer service to help with that? We're already paying so much for for flights and the hotel than we had booked for 2020!

I’m honestly surprised they expired. Are they still in your MDE? What is the expiry date there?

I bought 2 Canadian resident tickets and an AP voucher for a WDW trip that was cancelled due to COVID ( we were supposed to leave one week after they shut the border) and they just set the tickets to expire in like 2099. I did eventually end up getting the ticket refunded and used towards my hotel stay because my brother and SIL couldn’t make it and we weren’t sure when they could next, but the AP voucher I turned in recently. And there was no question about not being able to use the Canadian resident tickets before I asked for the refund - I just had to visit customer service at the parks before I went in and they would get me set.

I feel your pain and have no god advice to give you other than trying via customer service.

Knowing our Disneyland tickets were going to expire in December of 2022 (our trip was for March of 2020), we scheduled out trip for august of last year, so we wouldn't have to "pay more" in the future....

I’m honestly surprised they expired. Are they still in your MDE? What is the expiry date there?

I bought 2 Canadian resident tickets and an AP voucher for a WDW trip that was cancelled due to COVID ( we were supposed to leave one week after they shut the border) and they just set the tickets to expire in like 2099. I did eventually end up getting the ticket refunded and used towards my hotel stay because my brother and SIL couldn’t make it and we weren’t sure when they could next, but the AP voucher I turned in recently. And there was no question about not being able to use the Canadian resident tickets before I asked for the refund - I just had to visit customer service at the parks before I went in and they would get me set.

WDW is different than DLR.

WDW is different than DLR.
It sure it.
I called Disneyland Customer Service a few times, asking for a refund, was never given one.
I even offered to "exchange those tickets for WDW ones, since we were way more likely to go to WDW than DLR.
I was explained this was not possible, two completely different companies.
At the end, I was glad I didn't get a refund as it "forced me" to plan my California vacation, which as awesome!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter