Canceled Trip Venting

ChickenCarlos

<font color=darkorchid>"Shift yer cargo dearie, sh
So i didnt see another thread like this, so im starting one for anybody that was planning a Disney trip and then it gets Canceled on you and you want to just Vent about it.

So we were planning on going to DLR in October 21st-24th, for a few reasons, it is my best friends bday, we all want to see the ghostly Galaxy, since non of us have seen it before, and of course the Holiday Haunted Mansion, and the Halloween party. AHHH, everything was great, we had everything planned out then the owner of my hotel fired a bunch of people and said we will be on a skeleton crew until the first of the year. And he canceled all Vacation time until after the 1st of the year, Witch also sucks, because i have already booked and paid for Hawaii tickets to go see the Surfing competition in December. AND i hope they do not cancel anything after the 1st of the year because i have already booked and paid for our WDW trip and Cruise for Jan.:scared1::scared1:
FML right now:guilty:

Hi Carlos
I am lucky that I have not had to cancel any of my DL vacations, but I feel very sorry for you & I would be very angry too!
I have a work friend that booked and paid for a DL trip about 15 years ago. She & her hisband had been married a year & it was a belated honeymoon. They also booked Vegas, a Grand Canyon helicopter flight, Memphis and New York. 2 weeks before their leaving date they got a call from the Australian Consulate to tell them that the Husband's Visa to the USA had been declined beacause he had been in jail for 3 years. They had been living together for 2 years before they were married and as she told them she would have noticed if her husband had been missing for 3 years!!!
They had a friend who was a policeman. He took the hisband's fingerprints & got a copy of his police record (which was completely clean, not even a traffic ticket), the Consulate still wouldnt accept that he wasnt the one that went to prison, so they had to cancel their trip & lose a lot of money in cancellation fees.
Needless to say, they ahve never wanted to go back to DL!!!

So i didnt see another thread like this, so im starting one for anybody that was planning a Disney trip and then it gets Canceled on you and you want to just Vent about it.

So we were planning on going to DLR in October 21st-24th, for a few reasons, it is my best friends bday, we all want to see the ghostly Galaxy, since non of us have seen it before, and of course the Holiday Haunted Mansion, and the Halloween party. AHHH, everything was great, we had everything planned out then the owner of my hotel fired a bunch of people and said we will be on a skeleton crew until the first of the year. And he canceled all Vacation time until after the 1st of the year, Witch also sucks, because i have already booked and paid for Hawaii tickets to go see the Surfing competition in December. AND i hope they do not cancel anything after the 1st of the year because i have already booked and paid for our WDW trip and Cruise for Jan.:scared1::scared1:

That soooo sucks!! I'ld call in sick. I'm almost sure if you asked your doctor for a note after explaining the situation, he'ld give you one. I only see my doctor every six months or so and I know she'ld give me one. She's given me a note to stay home for being exhausted.

I feel sorry for you Carlos. It sucks when you make plans and your job or boss meses with them. It has happened to me.

On a much smaller note, I had planned to go to Disneyland today, my day off, but I have a stupid cold. I have no reason to complain...none...I'm fortunate enought I can go another Monday.

Hoping that things fall into place so you can go on your other trips.

Remember that when things go down, their only option is to go back up.

Bummer about Halloween but don't worry too much, it comes every year so I'm sure you'll get another chance.

Oh that sucks man, I hope it works out!!! I'd be super pissed about that!!!!!

Of course I don't think I'd ask my dr to write me a note so I could go......LOL

Ok, I'll take you up on that. I was hoping that we would be able to get away to DLR over the Veterans Day weekend in Nov. However, that dream just went down the drain. The main water line to our house just broke and we got one estimate so far that it will cost over $3,000 to replace 45ft of pipe. Well, there goes Disneyland. :sad2:

Bummer Carlos!!! Those were our original dates too, then we pushed it back to Nov. 18-22.....now it's just cancelled entirely!!! I really miss DLR!!!!!

aww sorry to hear about all of your cancelled trips! But Glad you started this thread- I too will prolly cancel my trip for Halloween weekend- and I alread have my non refundable MHP ticket. So here is my story- DH bought me the ticket in July. So I got all excited about taking our 2 year old- since he is still free! Then I won 2 - 1 day hoppers from the Coke contest! Yays- so I convinced DH to come too. Then I started to do all the great fun in planning- find the great hotel, trying to add on more days etc LOL. Then after weeks of that- and getting super excited, even bought new Disney hoodies and t-shirts, we just got a foreclosure notice on our house. And.... it sucks more for us because both DH and I work out of our home doing childcare. He also goes to college to finish up getting his degree in graphic arts- with a a goal of getting us close to DL within the next 2 years. But in the meantime- my life is now upside down! We found a house in our neighborhood- and the owner will rent it out to us starting in Nov 1. I dont actually need to move till Dec- but I do need to get the new place inspected first etc which takes 30 days. We were planning to use DH's college grant that he gets in Oct to pay for the first months rent- we already have the deposit saved up. But now due to our wonderful state of California... the delayed budget might hold us back from getting that check. And... we just got a letter in the mail the other day saying that one of our daycare kids will prolly not get paid for starting in Oct do to the state budget- shes a Family Resource Kid. so this all sucks for me. I desperately need a vacation to recover from the emotional trauma that I feel I am enduring right now. i cry almost all the time the last few days have been really hard. And.... its so hard to cancel a DL trip- atleast for me it is. I dream about it all the time! but I need to be mature and and just let this trip go- I try and tell myself that DL Halloween will be there next year and the year after next. i have not yet told my DH that we can go ahead and cancel the reservations at the hotel. I bet he will be relieved once I tell him... I will prolly go buy a bottle of brandy and a 2 litter of coke- lock the bedroom door and watch Princess and the Frog tonight and just cry my heart out ... :happytv: So heres a toast to Halloween next year- or maybe the year after that! :hug:

And he canceled all Vacation time until after the 1st of the year, Witch also sucks, because i have already booked and paid for Hawaii tickets to go see the Surfing competition in December. AND i hope they do not cancel anything after the 1st of the year because i have already booked and paid for our WDW trip and Cruise for Jan.:scared1::scared1:

Are you talking about Pipe in Oahu? OMG! Dude, I soooo hope you somehow still get to go! Have you tried appealing to your boss since you already booked and paid for your tickets(I know, it's probably hopeless, right?).

Sucks to hear about you missing out on that Halloween trip to Dland, too. :( I guess you could do a day trip, but I know it won't be quite the same for you.

I'm starting a new job soon and I am not sure how they are with days off/vacay. I'm crossing my fingers I still get Halloween weekend off for a trip I booked several months ago.

I am so sorry to hear that your travel plans have been cancelled. That is such a dissappointment. One year ago today I was supposed to fly to California to attend a dear friends wedding, but unfortunately my appendix decided to burst the week before this event! Such is life ... this week I have been celebrating living :goodvibes and looking forward to my very special trip to DLR next year. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter