Cancelling a reservation booked across the use year - question

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Hypothetical question if I booked across my use year and then cancelled...

Scenario (June UY):
Assume I had MS book us a single two week reservation, the first week the end of May using150 2024 points and the first week of June using 150 2025 points.

What would happen to the points if I cancelled early April (before 30 days)? Do they revert to what they were before (150 2024 points and 150 2025 points), or are the 2025 points considered borrowed and then all 300 end up in the 2024 use year?

If you didn't borrow any to make it, the points should revert to their respective years.

If the 2025 points are used for 2025 dates, they are still 2025 points, even if combined into one reservation since you had enough 2024 points to cover thr May dates.

Now, those 2024 points would be stuck as you’d be beyond the banking window and they’d expire end of May.

All points that come out of a reservation when cancelled 31 or more days from date of arrival, go back into your account the exact same way they went into the reservation -- current use year points go back into their applicable use year, and banked or borrowed points remain banked or borrowed.

With a June use year, and assuming you are actually referring to a May to June 2025 trip, those June 2024 use year points points would go back into the June 2024 use year, and those June 2025 use year points would go back into your June 2025 use year.

And if you cancel in April 2025, those June 2024 use year points that come out of the reservation could not then be banked (banking end date for a June 2024 use year is January 31, 2025), and will have to be used for a trip that ends no later than May 31, 2025.

Can you even make a single reservation that crosses your use year boundary? I thought I'd read elsewhere on the boards that you would have to make two separate reservations in this case, one for the last week of UY2024, and one for the first week of UY2025.

Can you even make a single reservation that crosses your use year boundary? I thought I'd read elsewhere on the boards that you would have to make two separate reservations in this case, one for the last week of UY2024, and one for the first week of UY2025.
You can't do it yourself. But MS can do it for you.

You have to do it separately and have MS merge the reservations or call MS to have them make the reservation for you.

Yes you can & I’ve done it for the last 2 years. I have a Dec. use year & the last 2 years I’ve grabbed my Nov. days online at 8 a.m. & called MS when they open at 9 a.m. to add my Dec. days. I could just wait until 9 a.m. & have MS book the whole thing, but getting those early Dec. reservations are like the hunger games & by booking my Nov. days myself at 8 a.m. at least I know no one else can jump in front of me & book ‘my’ villa while I wait an hour for MS to open. In my case I call again in a couple of days because we stay 10-12 days & I can only book +7 days to start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter