Cancelling and rebooking to take advantage of promo - existing ADRs/fastpasses ?

Riverside Roost

Earning My Ears
I am about to book up for July of next year (family of 4, all 'adults', 14 nights at Beach Club). I am from the UK and currently the best price I get is from the WDW UK site so will be booking with them.

I am fairly optimistic that between now and then that Disney will put on some kind of promotions/discounts.

From reading their T&C's I don't believe you can amend an existing booking to apply a promo, you need to cancel and rebook. I wouldn't have a problem with that, I would just book the special offer trip, wait until it appears in MDE and then cancel the original. Obviously I would lose the £200 deposit but then again I wouldn't be taking advantage of any special offer if the saving was less than that.

My concern about doing this is -
  • If the promo comes out within 180 days of departure and I have booked ADRs, will they disappear when the original booking is cancelled.
  • Same goes for 60 days and fastpasses
  • And now also for park reservations
I am wondering if, when I had the two reservations within MDE at the same time I could get Disney to transfer the ADRs/Fastpasses from one to the other. Has anyone had a similar situation ?

First and foremost I would recommend you book for one person instead of 4, so you'll only have to pay a £50 deposit. You can add on the others as late as a couple of weeks before FP day if you decide to keep this booking. The others don't need to be on the booking for your ADR +10 window. The only reason to put them on the booking now would be to make park reservations but I personally doubt they would fill up a year in advance. Also keep in mind that people have been waiting 3+ weeks for 2021 UK bookings to link, so even if you book for everyone now you still wouldn't be able to make park reservations for at least a few weeks.

Secondly, ADRs are linked to people rather than a resort booking, so no you will not lose ADRs.
FPs are more complicated, but as far as I know they are still linked to people rather than a specific booking. As long as your new booking is linked before you cancel the old one and the new booking covers the same dates then the FPs should be fine.
I don't know for sure about park reservations, but I believe you would keep the reservations as long as everyone has a ticket. The only requirement for making a park reservation is that you have a ticket. Onsite guests were given priority, but you've missed that window. For July 2021 there is currently no difference in availability between offsite and onsite guests, so as long as everyone has a ticket I believe your park reservations would remain if you linked the new booking before cancelling the old one. The important part is that everyone always has a ticket on MDE.

ADRs are not tied to hotel reservations as everyone was able to book at 180 days. If you are able to book 180+ with a resort reservation, I guess that might be affected, so just make sure you cancel inside of 180.

People have reported changing reservations coming soon without losing park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter