Cancelling Night Booked on OTUY Pts

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
What happens if you have to cancel a night that you booked with OTUY points? Can an existing reservation be modified to use those points?

Yes, as long as that reservation was booked 7 months or less from check in and is in the same UY that the original trip happened.

What happens if you have to cancel a night that you booked with OTUY points? Can an existing reservation be modified to use those points?
My memory is that the OTUP will not appear in the Dashboard. DVC leaves it to you to remember that you purchased the OTUPs and then canceled the reservation.

When you search for available reservation dates you will notice that in the list of "My Home Resorts" on the booking page, there will be your home resort (i.e. Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, etc.) and then there will be another resort listed. If you have contracts at multiple resorts then your list will be longer. The extra "Home Resort" in the list is the first clue that you have OTUPs.

Yes, you can re-book (Modify) an existing reservation (within 7 months of arrival) for the same exact dates, same resort, same room type, same room size and the OTUP points will be prioritized to be used in the reservation. You should see that the number of "regular" points will increase in your remaining balance, provided that regular use year points were previously used in the reservation.

Keep good records. I had some OTUPs on a reservation that was sucked into the Covid cancellation/parks closed vortex. Then they lost track of them, DVC could not figure it out, I called so many times about it, it was difficult as the DVC office was on a shoestring, people working from home, departments closed or something. I gave up. I had not really worried about them, assumed it was in the system, lesson learned.

I decided to let it go, considering what so many others lost at that time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter