Candlelight Processional Dining Packages booking starts10/17

My 60 + 10 opens tomorrow. I hope it's a better experience and there are still reservations available. I'm looking for 6 on 12/20 at Biergarten. Looking forward to seeing Sterling Brown.

My 60 + 10 opens tomorrow. I hope it's a better experience and there are still reservations available. I'm looking for 6 on 12/20 at Biergarten. Looking forward to seeing Sterling Brown.
You may want to call Disney Dining today to check on reservations. I was able to book a package for 12/22 by calling.

Hello.....we are traveling to watch our students perform in the Candelight Processional....I have always wished that their date would coincide with NPH and this year it does! Woot! We were able to score breakfast at Akershus for the show they will be performing in (5:15). While we have been several times, never for NPH and I know the lines for his show - even with the dining package - are crazy. What I am wondering is how early will we need to line up to ensure that we have a "good" seat so that we can see our students well. I've had a dining package in the past, for narrators who don't draw the crowds and we were fine lining up 30 minutes before show time but I am guessing that is not the case with NPH. We booked the package specifically for the "guarantee" of a seat. What time should we be lined up.....and if there is one member of our party who doesn't mind doing a long wait, is it frowned upon for them to wait and others join in line as the time draws close?

I woke up late, 7:20. Checked on the app for 12/14 Brendan Fraser and only saw 8:30 breakfast for Akershus. I thought that couldn't be right. Went on the website and those were gone, then Le Cellier lunch popped up...but I really don't want to spend over $100/person for a 5:15 show. And then nothing was available for 12/14... couldn't understand why when the other 2 Brendan Fraser dates has plenty of availability...but I have plans for those dates. I ended up getting a CP Garden Grill dinner for 12/10, 8:30pm show with Marlee Matlin and cancelled my regular Garden Grill ADR for that day. Just couldn't believe the 1 day I had planned to go to the CP was basically full by 7:30!!!

I hope so!

What date did your window open? We arrive on 12/17 so window isn't open until tomorrow.
The calendar window limit may be a glitch in the system. In my case, the calendar window also shows the 16th: however, several CM's told me that anyone can book the CP starting today.

I experienced the same calendar constraint with Fantasmic. I called DD yesterday and they were able to set up the Fantasmic reservation that I was unable to book online. I called DD today after the same thing happened with CP and was able to book.

I woke up late, 7:20. Checked on the app for 12/14 Brendan Fraser and only saw 8:30 breakfast for Akershus. I thought that couldn't be right. Went on the website and those were gone, then Le Cellier lunch popped up...but I really don't want to spend over $100/person for a 5:15 show. And then nothing was available for 12/14... couldn't understand why when the other 2 Brendan Fraser dates has plenty of availability...but I have plans for those dates. I ended up getting a CP Garden Grill dinner for 12/10, 8:30pm show with Marlee Matlin and cancelled my regular Garden Grill ADR for that day. Just couldn't believe the 1 day I had planned to go to the CP was basically full by 7:30!!!
Call Disney Dining. People have found there is much more available than the website shows. MUCH MORE! It’s possible by now that the pickings are slimmer but if you want Brendan Fraser, it would be worth the call… wait times this morning were long but folks were getting what they wanted!

I guarantee you that day was not full by 7:30. Disney IT strikes again. Try calling.

Anyone know what side of the theater you line up on for the dining package (if you're facing the theater)?

. Just couldn't believe the 1 day I had planned to go to the CP was basically full by 7:30!!!
It wasn’t. System has been glitchy as all get out today. Concur with PP you should call. Also if you’re looking for just 1 availability is stupid low so people have had success booking larger parties and calling Disney Dining to drop it to 1.

If you want Coral Reef set a dining alert. I used Mouse Dining’s free offerings, there are others out there as well. A few mins later I got a email and booked through the link. MD’s website currently shows lots of availability at Coral Reef on the day you wanted.

Last edited:
It sounds like traditionally they let none-dining package people into the dining package area at some point before the show? Anyone know what that cutoff is?

It sounds like traditionally they let none-dining package people into the dining package area at some point before the show? Anyone know what that cutoff is?
I don’t know, but last time we did it, they let them in before we made it to the seating area (We were near the end of the dining package queue). It made things a little dicey.

I experienced the same calendar constraint with Fantasmic. I called DD yesterday and they were able to set up the Fantasmic reservation that I was unable to book online. I called DD today after the same thing happened with CP and was able to book.

So, I need to call to get a reservation today? I can't right now since I'm at work. I may try this afternoon.

If you’re flexible on the show time, you should be just fine

I'm not picky but DH is.

I don’t know, but last time we did it, they let them in before we made it to the seating area (We were near the end of the dining package queue). It made things a little dicey.
If a good seat is important, get in the dining package line early especially if the narrator is popular. Last year, I got on line an hour early to see Olaf… um, I mean Josh Gad! Dining package gives you the best shot at a great view… but it’s no guarantee!

We would like the 7 pm show. I did take a peak at 12/16 and it looks like we would need to do a lunch to get that show. DH would really like a dinner but I don't think that's doable.
The 7 pm show should be attainable. If you have a 4ish o’clock dinner it could work out well which you could book for the 7 PM show

Lunch times for the 7PM could be booked to allow more flexibility

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter