CANDY BUFFET for my DD graduation party I NEED HELP..Please

It looks great! It's about time for another candy party for me!!!!! I just have to find a reason why I should have one!

I did a candy buffet for my daughter's Halloween birthday party. It was a huge success. I used a lot of wrapped candy because I planned to use the left overs for the Trick or Treaters.

I covered the table up with sheets so the kids didn't know about it until I was ready to unveil it. You should have heard the ohhhhs and awwwwws. I had almost no luck finding big enough containers at thrift stores I looked for weeks. I ended up getting them at AC Moore and Michaels with coupons.

The loose candy that used scoops wasn't as popular. I think that kids had trouble using the scoops in the containers. With the wrapped stuff they could just grab some.

My rule was 4 kids at a time. One scoop or handful until everyone had a chance at the buffet and then they could fill up their box any way they wanted to.

Now that I have the containers I will do this again. It was such fun!

69882_1678715770179_1306070019_31801152_8359779_n.jpg

71876_1678714730153_1306070019_31801149_1008403_n.jpg

73438_1678715210165_1306070019_31801150_5475194_n.jpg

73091_1678716650201_1306070019_31801157_275668_n.jpg

72206_1687642753348_1306070019_31819412_7723035_n.jpg

69887_1687643033355_1306070019_31819413_1981691_n.jpg

69801_1687643353363_1306070019_31819414_3173731_n.jpg

These are great ideas. I would love to do something like this on a smaller scale for my DD's high school graduation open house.

I was at a wedding that had a candy buffet after the traditional cake/cookies/cordials. It was set up in a separate room so that it was a nice surprise when we walked in. Besides candy,they had a cotton candy machine and belgian waffles with toppings. The candy was displayed in metal buckets that had been "spilled" over on the table. We all had chinese take-out containers to bring our goodies home. They seemed to have a wide variety of candy:licorice,smarties,bazooka bubble gum, kisses,skittles, pixie stix, mints,jelly beans, plus a wide variety of chocolate bars.

I would think that Costco would be a good place to look for candy in bulk. Use small containers, put the display on a small-ish table (so it looks like there's more than there actually is!) and make sure the take home containers aren't too big.

Good luck. Sounds like it will be a fun party!

What they said:dance3:

I have to give credit here to our fellow Dis'er's. I had never heard of a candy buffet before the Dis. There are a lot of suggestions here on this subject. You can google it as well. There are a lot of companies that will supply you the boxes and the candy. But, I found it much cheaper to buy it all myself.
I did this for my DD's "Sweet16th" Birthday party in September and people are still talking about it. :woohoo:I did most of the above and also did M&M's, PopRocks (these were the most expensive), Good and Plenty's, Mike and Ikes,mini tootsie rolls, tootsie pops, swirl lolli pops(added nice color), sweedish fish, and gum balls in bulk from Costcos We also gave out Hershey bars with her name and birth date on them. I also did the small Chinese take out containers. Go to your favorite Chinese Rest. and ask if you can buy them from them. It's much cheaper. They come in sleeves of 100. I was lucky enough I got mine for free. I also decorated the boxes with "how sweet it is" stickers that we made on our home computer. I agree with keeping the to go containers small. It's should be a treat not a months worth. And you will be surprised how greedy people will be. We had one guest fill 7 or 8 of the containers:confused3
My DD's colors were purple and pink, but, went with all different colors of candies. I wrapped white lights in pink and purple silky see thru material I got on clearance at Joanne's. And placed them on the table around the candy jars and hung the icicle lights from the table as well. The candy jars were all glass and different sizes and shapes.We even used glass vases. I got them from tag sales throughout the Spring and Summer. And never paid more than $1.00 for each one. I choose to use tong again so people wouldn't take tons at once. The tongs came 2 in pack from the Dollar Tree.
There is no right or wrong way to do it. Have fun with it.

I did a candy buffet for my husbands graduation. We had 90 people attend the party. Everyone was talking about the candy buffet and going up and sampling, but nobody was making a bag. I was starting to get worried that we were going to end up taking it all home. Than all of a sudden their was a line up there. I couldn't believe people were actually waiting in line for a bag of candy. Most of the candy went. The only candy that came home with us was the stuff that we had a lot of (the good stuff, M&M's, Sweddish Fish, Gummy Bears, Air Heads).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This is such a great idea:) My DD's 6th bithday is coming up a few months and we already are planning it. I'm renting a carousel for 1/2 an hour so this would work well, for some reason the trend in parties is not to have a meal just snack foods which make bringing a party to a beach so much easier. I think if I start as soon as I see discount candy then I could throw the candy part for cheaper then goodie bags:)

When is it? if its closser to summer, kids sand buckets for containers could be fun

If you decide on a choclate foutain, be carefull of having it outside, I have seen where "little critters" have flowen into it and got stuck! :scared:

:goodvibesI just had to jump in for a minute:love: I am the op of this thread/ My DD graduated amost 3 years ago. It is soooo cool to see this still going. This was the best thing we did. Many in the family have used and reused the containers for parties since. I just love reading this thread and all the fantastic and creative ideas:worship: You:worship: are great.:grouphug:

I love the sugar-free gum at the red, white & blue table. How considerate to offer something guilt-free for those who can't/don't want to indulge in candy!

when I did the candy buffet for my DD Halloween birthday party the biggest expense was the containers.

Her best friend is having a birthday in May and his Mom and I were talking about his birthday party and how to make it special and I got the idea to do the candy buffet at his party as a gift.

I am going to start with easter clearance candy. We won't have a color theme.

I am so excited that I get to do this again, I just can't wait!

Lisa

When is it? if its closser to summer, kids sand buckets for containers could be fun

If you decide on a choclate foutain, be carefull of having it outside, I have seen where "little critters" have flowen into it and got stuck! :scared:

Thanks for the idea:) My DD's party will be 100% outside as it's a lakeside park. I think a candyland type party would work well. She is inviting the whole class and family as you can have up to 50 guests,cup cakes, fruit,veggies and micky mouse shaped cheese(if they still have them at walmart) and pizza or finger sandwiches( picnic theme?)and juice boxes/water will make up the menu.

So far I have bought tons of candy even a store display of hanna montana candy( I love Ollies!). I plan on going to buy small packs of cookies and a few more packs of candy( no chocolate as it will melt!) but I think I have enough as I have no idea how many kids are comming( 25 are invited!). I have bought party toys also as I think kids love things like mini bubbles,noise makers ,chinese yoyo and such. I bought 3 gift bags to have things spill out, 4 large plastic cups and 16 bowls, all in a nemo/beach theme which I picked up cheap( .25 each pack!).
I have bought so far:
Gummy candy in a few kinds
dots
tootsie rolls
hanna popping candy
dragon fire balls
rockets
strawbarry hard candy
powder in shaped containers
sour baby gum
safety pop
cow tails
pixie stixs
air heads
mary jane

I love that this topic is still going! My mom started it for my high school graduation in 2008. I'm a junior in college now. The candy buffett was awesome an everyone certainly loved it :cool1:

I did a candy buffet based on this thread 2 years ago for my mom's 60th birthday on the July 4th weekend. It was mostly an adult party and everyone just loved it. I couldn't believe how eager they all were to fill a bucket and bring it home. I guess everyone is a kid at heart. Here are some pics. It shows you that no matter how you do it they come out great! I did it very low budget and it was enjoyed by everyone!

Just came across this thread last week. I so enjoyed reading it and seeing all the great photos. Most fun I have on the Disboards in a while (as we aren't going to Disney anytime soon).

Today I desided to have a Easter Candy Buffet. The kids are teens and don't really need baskets. Plan to let them hit the buffet first then open it up to all of my Easter dinner guests.

I will attempt to post photo's after Easter. :banana::yay::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter