• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

Just got my cancellation for Dec. 6. I have been expecting it.

This is the 2nd cancellation I have received. The first time, I was offered $50 off each night on my next booking. This time the offer is 50% off each night for my next booking.
Noooo! I we have a reservation for Dec 1st and haven't received anything yet. What a bummer.

Just got my cancellation email and came to find this thread! We were booked Dec 12-15 so looks like they’re giving up on the first half of December at least.

I have a backup, we got a deal at the Courtyard a while back so I think we’ll be happy and not really out any extra money either (except for having to pay for breakfast). I thought it was crazy to need a backup when I booked it, but here we are!

It is doubtful we’ll be back to Anaheim in the next several years so the discount doesn’t help us much, but hopefully one day we’ll get to the CCI!

Just received ours as well for our trip on 10 days. This is our second cancellation. 50% off each night on my next booking until January 1, 2024.

Last edited:
Spoke to rep last week to book our Feb ‘23 dates and he said they are reopening Dec 14, 2022. I booked a back-up for Feb because we’ve been burned by their promises of reopening three times already. We’ve been going to the Candy Cane for 22 years but this has been handled so poorly. We are becoming familiar with a lot of the neighboring hotels!

Spoke to rep last week to book our Feb ‘23 dates and he said they are reopening Dec 14, 2022. I booked a back-up for Feb because we’ve been burned by their promises of reopening three times already. We’ve been going to the Candy Cane for 22 years but this has been handled so poorly. We are becoming familiar with a lot of the neighboring hotels!
They just cancelled my 12/19-12/21 stay. Had a back up thanks to this board but yeah I’m with you, I’m sick of how this was handled. Kind of nice experiencing new hotels though!

They just cancelled my 12/19-12/21 stay. Had a back up thanks to this board but yeah I’m with you, I’m sick of how this was handled. Kind of nice experiencing new hotels though!
Wow. So much for reopening Dec 14. They are making it really hard to stay loyal. Glad you had a back up! They really need to just stop taking reservations until they are actually open.

Wow. So much for reopening Dec 14. They are making it really hard to stay loyal. Glad you had a back up! They really need to just stop taking reservations until they are actually open.
I totally agree. I guess they want to make sure they fill those rooms once they DO open, but it's irresponsible to let people book rooms until they are 100% up and running. I feel terrible for people who didn't know to have a back-up hotel. I've heard some people actually showed up at Candy Cane for their trips and were turned away. I don't understand why they're handling it this way, but it's really not good for their reputation. They've always been liked for their great customer service, but this is changing that for some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter