cannot get copy of confirmation in my name...

leanne11

<font color=green>Always remember to use the net t
it's been almost 3 months since i paid for my trip for next yr. and i have called ms a couple of times and the room is in my name (as a guest)but everytime i ask for a copy my owner makes some excuse, she says everything is fine and i don't really need the paper confirmation but dh keeps bugging me, he wants to see it in print,
whatcha think? :confused3

If you called MS and confirmed with them that the ressie is in your name, the written confirmation will do you no good. But I do understand the feeling of needing something printed and in writing. While I have never rented points, I have taken friends and family to DVC, and have always supplied them with copies of the reservation.

While I do not understand the owners position of not sending you a copy, or even a scanned email, it really has no bearing on your ressie. As long as you are dealing with a reputable owner, you should be fine. If the owner is dishonest, a copy of the confirmation would make no difference, as the owner, under all circumstances, retains complete control of the ressie and could cancel at anytime.

Thats strange. I can't imagine why the owner would not forward a copy of the confirmation, although I agree that it is not necessary. Still, I always bring mine when I check in and send it off to anyone that rents from me when I recieve a deposit.

Chuck S said:
While I do not understand the owners position of not sending you a copy

Weird, eh?

That's a good point Chuck about the owner being in complete control either way. And that in the end it doesn't even matter. The security guard at SSR had my name up before I could even give her the reservation number.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Seems strange to me. But that's another reason to get everything in wrting up-front. One thing I always put into any agreement I do to rent points to someone is that I will supply them with a copy of the confirmation. Did you have any type of agreement?

But also as Chuck said, it really doesn't matter. Written confirmaton or not, it could still be canceled by an unscrupulous owner.

Good luck.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter