Can't buy a reservation!

Leslie59

Earning My Ears
Posting so hopefully some corporate folks will take note. I finally decided to make reservations for HRH in April. All things being equal, I figure I'll go through Dreams for ressie - support them, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot link to any information about HRH Ressies in the Dreams site - none of the links work. I thought I was getting close one time but could only input dates for 2001!

Okay, that was a nice idea. I go to Loews site. I click to check availability. I am offered every confusing choice in the world except the ability to simply book a room for two nights in April. In fact, I can't even figure out how to make a reservation beyond the 1st week in February.

On to uescape.com. You guessed it, no way to simply book a room for two nights in April.

I have been confronted with outdated information and links that never work in my entire US/IOA planning. It makes me wonder why I am simply not going back to Disney.

I would appreciate any help to make my reservation. But beyond that, I hope these companies will take note that there may be folks turning to other sources and perhaps other destinations.

Hope this doesn't come off as being mad. Just figure you ought to let folks know when you don't get what you expect.

Leslie:confused:

Hi Leslie,

How frustrating! I always call Universal Reservation on their 800#. They are usually very nice to deal with. Be sure to ask about all discounts you're entitled to; there is AAA, annual pass, airline employee, Entertainment book, Universal Orlando fan club card...maybe a few others I've forgotten. I think the # is 1-800-uescape.

Good luck!

Hi Leslie,

I guess I'm confused. I wanted to check and see what you were going through. The Loews site and Universal site both gave room availability and the toll free number to call to make reservations.

They do not make online reservations. I would imagine that this is done for a couple of reasons. One, most improtantly, is that would be incredibly impersonable for such an important event as one's vacation. What if you didn't get what you thgout you were getting. The very first thing you do when you arrive on your vacation is to have the hotel room wrong. That would put a bad taste in your mouth for the rest of the trip and could otherwise ruin a wonderful experience. I would also think that talking to a live person gives you opportunity to ensure that you take care of any packages or discounts that might be available to you. It gives you the chance to ask as well as then to opportunity to make sure that you qualify. What if you arrived and found out you had to pay more because you didn't qualify for the discount you made online. Again, it would spoil the whole trip.

Hopefully that was your issue. If it's not, let me know.

Earl

there is another number to call also 1 800 BE A STAR.
They are offering a lot of good deals right now.

Thanks for the responses! I'm sure I'll get my ressies from one of these folks. I did not know about Be A Star. I apologize if I misrepresented the Loews and Uescape websites. Earl, this is bugging me so if you are 'listening', let me know how to check availability at the Loews or Universal site. I want to know availability and rates for April 4 and 5, room only, but still can't figure it out. I'll be off the boards for a day or so, so you probably won't hear back from me - so thanks in advance.

I was looking at the Loews website. You can make reservations there, but they only do packages. When I need to make a res. for Universal I call the 800-uescape and make it through their reservation department. If there is a way to make the reservation on the website I still havn't found it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter