Captain’s reception

The Captain's Reception is for all cruisers and is usually held on the first formal night. The Castaway Cay Reception is held on sailings 8 nights or longer.

Sorry I misread the original question, in that case, I have never seen the Captain's reception on a cruise fewer than 7-nights.

I thought there was one on 7 day cruises ? My question is how long is it and what do you do there ?

Anyone know how they work the Captains reception/gala, on a 6 night cruise. They only have 2 of the 6 night cruises per year and there is not a lot of information on the 6 night cruise.

How long was it and was there a limit on the drinks ?

About 45 minutes before each dinner seating. No, I don't think there's a limit. I guess you could just follow the servers around taking more drinks as you wanted them.

Anyone know how they work the Captains reception/gala, on a 6 night cruise. They only have 2 of the 6 night cruises per year and there is not a lot of information on the 6 night cruise.

IF there's a Captain's Reception, it seems to be on the 2nd night. Reading past Navigators on the DCL Blog, I have noticed that some of the 6-night cruises show it as Formal Night, others show it as Optional Dress Up night. Additionally, one of the Optional Dress Up nights (Jan 5 2016 on the Wonder) had a Captain's Reception, the other (Jan 21 2017) did NOT. So it doesn't seem to be a given that Optional Dress Up on a 6-nighter automatically equals a Reception...

(To make it a tad more confusing, the Dream's 3- and 4-night itineraries also have an "Optional Dress Up" night, but never has the Captain's Reception).

On our recent 7 night Alaska cruise, we were in line for family stairway pictures , so we were standing in the atrium for about 45 minutes. The servers seemed to come out with preloaded trays... with 2 glasses of beer, 2 white wine, 2 red, 2 green or blue fruity cocktail (dotd?), 2 amber cocktails and 2 non-alcoholic drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter