• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car Availability

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
Have the cars been available or have people with reservations been left without a car due to unavailability at the airport (MCO)

What rental company are you asking about?

A bit confusing.

If you make a reservation, you should have a car.

A bit confusing.

If you make a reservation, you should have a car.
You would think so , but not so much. Just like having a paid for airline ticket does not guarantee you a seat (yep it true) a car reservation even prepaid does not guarantee you a car will be waiting.

So far there have been plenty of cars when we have gone, but this is a very busy time. I would think that arriving early would give you a better chance as people are constantly returning cars. Late arrivals will be more difficult if there are low inventories.

You would think so , but not so much. Just like having a paid for airline ticket does not guarantee you a seat (yep it true) a car reservation even prepaid does not guarantee you a car will be waiting.

So far there have been plenty of cars when we have gone, but this is a very busy time. I would think that arriving early would give you a better chance as people are constantly returning cars. Late arrivals will be more difficult if there are low inventories.

I don’t believe there has been a single report on this board of rental car dealers running out of inventory.

^^ There is a difference between no cars available when you go to make an online reservation compared to having a confirmed reservation and then showing up at the airport to be told you don't have a car.

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld car reservation episode? "You know how to take the reservation; you just don't know how to hold the reservation..." 😅

I’ve personally had a reservation at Hertz, showed up, and they had no cars. They all reduced their fleets due to the pandemic. It’s definitely a possibility. I would worry more on a holiday weekend than an average weekend.

There have been cars available. People with reservations been not been left without a car due to unavailability at MCO.

I tried to rent a car on short notice (5 days) and came up with "no vehicles available" for this weekend. I was able to find off airport rentals but, they were all $200+ per day. Gonna take an Uber today. I was able to get a reservation for a trip three weeks from now.

Last October they were sold out of economy cars (and most cars ) at Alamo so they gave me an upgrade to a mini van at enterprise. It was awesome paying economy rate for a van :)

I don’t believe there has been a single report on this board of rental car dealers running out of inventory.
There have been cars available. People with reservations been not been left without a car due to unavailability at MCO.
We returned a SUV from Dollar on Sunday, March 7th around 10 am. Had to stop at the kiosk in the garage due to an issue.

Surprised to see many folks in that line ahead & behind us. Found out that they had run out of cars...alll of them the night prior. Even those with prepaid reservations were out of luck.

People were told to return the next morning as inventory would be replenished. Dollar was apologizing profusely, refunding uber costs & giving out small credits.

It was the first weekend of bike week, appeared to be a busy time but, still...absolutely unacceptable.

In the past with Alamo we have had them run out of specific types of vehicles during busy periods. Typically, given a choice of picking from next higher class or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter