Car Hire pickup near Port

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are travelling from Australia and picking up a car following our cruise on Oasis at the Seas. I'm not sure I'm booking the correct depot for car hire. Obviously I want to pick up at the closest. :)

We are looking at a couple of companies.

Dollar shows 8963 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral
Thrifty shows 6799 North Atlantic Blvd Cape Canaveral
Alamo 710 Mullet Avenue Cape Canaveral

Hertz is not an option as they are going to charge me a one way drop off fee.

Does anyone know if these are the closest depots to Port Canaveral and if there are shuttles to get to them?

Hi - Alamo is the closest to the port. They also get excellent reviews. Just be aware that for any of the rental companies the wait for a shuttle bus can be 30 minutes or so. Enjoy the Oasis!

Hi, we are travelling from Australia and picking up a car following our cruise on Oasis at the Seas. I'm not sure I'm booking the correct depot for car hire. Obviously I want to pick up at the closest. :)

We are looking at a couple of companies.

Dollar shows 8963 Astronaut Blvd Cape Canaveral
Thrifty shows 6799 North Atlantic Blvd Cape Canaveral
Alamo 710 Mullet Avenue Cape Canaveral

Hertz is not an option as they are going to charge me a one way drop off fee.

Does anyone know if these are the closest depots to Port Canaveral and if there are shuttles to get to them?

How are you getting from MCO to the Oasis? I would recommend getting back to MCO after cruise then renting a car there. That way you can drop it back off there when you catch your return flight. We sailed the Oasis this past January and enjoyed the cruise. Have a great trip.

I like the Alamo/National location, personally.

That way you can drop it back off there when you catch your return flight.

Sounds like they are dropping it at MCO anyway, since they are talking about a one-way fee with one rental agency. :)

I personally wouldn't want to pay to somehow get to MCO to get a rental car IF my price was decent going from Canaveral to wherever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter