Card and Card Candy Swaps~Interest Thread

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
Just trying to gauge interest in the card and card candy swaps. I am going to open signups on Thursday after I drop Morgan off at camp, so probably by 9:30 or so.

I'm open to suggestions, so please feel free to give me your thoughts!

I have kept the groups at 4 and will open more once full, but if we have a lone 1 or 2 swappers in a second group, I will combine, as long as all swappers in the group are okay with that.

Thanks for reading!

Card Swap - Due September 21st

Requirements:
Cards should be at least 2 layers (your card base counts as one), and each card should include an envelope into which it will fit. You may want to embellish your envelope as well, but this is not a requirement. Please use your discretion and send items that you would use!

Packaging Instructions:
Please put each card into its own individual Ziploc baggie with a label with your name on it. If you choose not use a Ziploc baggie, please sign the back of your card so we know who made what. You’ll have 4 bags to enclose in a larger (gallon or quart size) Ziploc bag. - be sure to include your name and your DIS name on your larger baggie.

Required check-ins will be:
July 22nd (verify groups and pm info to me)
August 17th
September 1st
September 14th - mail by date
Due to me by September 21st

Mailing:
  • You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after September 14th. Then you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
  • I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large Box - $14.50.
  • If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70 and the filled out DC form.
  • Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
  • DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope you have lots of fun in this swap.

My new favorite place to find Card Sketches is Card Positioning Systems. There is a whole gallery of previous card sketches here, Sketches, but the website has the sketches with samples made.

Card Groups

Adult Birthday Group A
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Kid Birthday Group B
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Just Because/Thinking of You Group C
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Baby (2 girl/2 boy) Group D
1. Boy -
2. Boy -
3. Girl -
4. Girl -

General Family Christmas E

Blank Cards Group F

Thank You Cards Group G

Mixed Cards (for example, New Home, Anniversary, Sympathy, Get Well Soon, Miss You, I’m Sorry, etc.) Group H

Disney/Cartoon Group
(Please pick a character) Group I
1. Boy -
2. Boy -
3. Girl -
4. Girl -

Card Candy Swap - Due September 21st

Requirements:

Card Candy should be handmade and consist of 4-6 items which have at least 2 layers. For example, a small scalloped circle with a stamped image on it, matted by a second layer. This is not a hard and fast rule, obviously. If you include a 4x5.25 piece of cardstock which has been embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, it would count as one item, and need not be layered. Please use your discretion and send items that you would use!

Packaging Instructions:
Please use a Ziploc baggie for each set and put everything for that set into a bag. Please label each bag with your name so we know who made what. You’ll have 4 bags to enclose in the larger (gallon or quart size) Ziploc bag. - be sure to include your name and your DIS name on your larger baggie.

Required check-ins will be:
July 22nd (verify groups and pm info to me)
August 17th
September 1st
September 14th - mail by date
Due to me by September 21st

Mailing:
  • You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after September 14th. Then you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
  • I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large Box - $14.50.
  • If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70 and the filled out DC form.
  • Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
  • DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope you have lots of fun in this swap.

My favorite place to find Card Candy ideas is Splitcoast Stampers, here is a link to a search of their gallery. Card Candy at Splitcoast Stampers

While the packaging here is cute, there is no need to package your items like that (unless you WANT to, of course!).

Card Candy Groups

Adult Birthday Group 1
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Kid Birthday Group 2
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Just Because/Thinking of You Group 3
1. Male -
2. Male -
3. Female -
4. Female -

Baby (2 girl/2 boy) Group 4
1. Boy -
2. Boy -
3. Girl -
4. Girl -

General Family Christmas 5

Colors Group 6 – Please pick a color

Disney/Cartoon Groups
Boy (Please pick a character) Group 7
Girl (Please pick a character) Group 8

I probably wouldn't do the candy groups. But I will join the "thank you" and "Disney/cartoon" card groups. :)

Because I'm scared. :scared: What if nobody likes my stuff? I don't know how to package it so it looks pretty.

PS- I used your card for a Mother's Day card for my Mom. She LOVED it!!

Which card?

There's no need to package like that. You can just toss it into a baggie ;) And, I know your stuff is way up to snuff!

:blush: Oops. It wasn't your "thanks a latte" card. Now I have no idea who made it. :confused3 It was done in browns with striped paper and the welded words off one of the Cricut carts.

Since I never get around to actually making cards on my own, I'll probably sign up for at least a couple groups. Just have to figure out how much I have time for.

Im like AWM! Im scared too! What if no one likes my stuff? I really want to try the candy part cuz I think its cute on pages to fill in blank spots.
I tried making those cards for the soldiers with Susan and Im not really a card maker.

Thought you might see this over here sooner. :teeth: I have sent the balloon paper. :thumbsup2

You are the BEST!

Im like AWM! Im scared too! What if no one likes my stuff? I really want to try the candy part cuz I think its cute on pages to fill in blank spots.
I tried making those cards for the soldiers with Susan and Im not really a card maker.

My friend from Canada uses her candy for pages too. I'm sure you'd do great!

And that would be why Susan only got a couple boxes of premade cards from me. :blush:

I was a card maker first. I think if you approach it like a small page, you will be just fine.

I find the card candy intimdating too, but I am not really sure why. I think I just need to look at some of the examples.

Question: I know I have left-over handmade Christmas cards from the last few years. Can I use those for this swap?

I am considering joining the kid bday, Christmas and thank you card groups. I will research the card candy too.

As long as they meet the requirements and come with an envelope, they are fine. No issues on when they were made ;)

This one is almost entirely Cricut cuts.
BDcardcandy1_by_tigerfly.jpg

These look like SCAL, and don't really fit any of our themes, but you get the idea
BEACH_PARTY_CARD_CANDY_by_cr8zyscrapper.jpg

Some Mickey stuff
IMG_7087_by_NancyLuvsMickey.JPG

Stamped:
IMG_4610_by_finders-keepers.JPG

Christmas:
CHRISTMAS_CARD_CANDY_by_cr8zyscrapper.jpg

Jennifer - I'm sorry if this was already asked...but I didn't see it...can we join just the card candy groups? After looking at the pix that you posted, I'd love to do a couple of them. The only cards I give handmade are Christmas, but the candy would be great in a scrapbook (as others have also noted)!!!!

Thanks, Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter