Care to Share Your Grilled Chicken Recipes?

Dopeygirl

<font color=red>Travellin' Gal<font color=green></
Grilled chicken is one of our favorite foods to grill but I'm really starting to repeat the recipes, so I'd love some new ideas! Here are a few that we really enjoy.

1) Marinate in Italian dressing over night

2) Marinate in teriyaki sauce overnight (if I'm lazy, I just used the Lawry's bottled stuff)

3) Mix any of the McCormick's Grill Mates seasonings with some oil or broth as a marinade. Sprinkle extra seasoning on chicken before grilling.

4) Castillian Griled Chicken
2 T soy sauce
2 t olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed (we like two or three!)
1/2 t oregano (I use closer to 1 t)
1/2 t cumin (again, I use a little more)
1/4 t cayenne (and, once again, I use a little more! LOL)
4 boneless, skinless breasts

Marinate overnight. Grill on medium-high heat approx. 5 minutes per side.

5) South of the Border Chicken
4 boneless, skinless breasts
1/2 vegetable or olive oil
2 T lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 t chili powder (I use closer to three)
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t cayenne

Combine ingredients. Marinate at least four hours. Grill appx. 5 minutes per side.

Those all sound wonderful. I think I'll try the South of the Boarder one soon. Thanks for sharing!

Here's a cajun marinade and baste that is great on chicken as well as veggies!

1/2 C olive oil
1/4 C vinegar
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp leaf oregano
1 tsp leaf thyme
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground hot red pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 black pepper

Hey, now I'm getting hungry! Light up that grill!!

TK :bounce:

I like to sprinkle it with Lemon Pepper Seasoning and grill it that way. We also do the Italian dressing marinade quite often.

We marinate overnight in a mixture of italian dressing, kraft original bbq sauce, fresh minced garlic, poultry seasoning and a little wine or beer. Then brush with bbq sauce right before you take it off the grill. It is our kids favorite meal (with a baked potato and corn on the cob).

When my boys were in Little League, I used to make this chicken and have picnic dinners during the games. It is still a family favorite! the easiest recipe you've ever seen:

sprinkle chicken with Lowry's Seasoned salt.

broil on grill!! That's it! :D

Leslie

We like skinless breasts in Lemon Pepper Marinade(doesn't seem to matter which brand). If I don't have time for it to sit for a few hours, I just coat it right before putting it on the grill. Either way, I brush on more while it's cooking to keep it from drying out.

My favorite grilled chicken recipe is this.You sprinkle the chicken breast(or whatever is used)with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.Then marinate the chicken in a combination of fresh orange and canned pineapple juices.Then I grill it on my George Forman.Throw OUT the marinade.Then,on the stove,I mix more fresh orange and pineapple juice with a teaspoon of honey(for sweetness),butter and a little bit of flour(to thicken it up).When that has cooked and is thick enough for your taste,I plate the chicken breasts and pour the sauce over it,topping it with a few chunks of canned pineapple OR you can also grill pinapple rings to go with it.Either way..it's really good.I usually serve this with rice on the side and maybe a salad.:-) :ears:

This is the marinade that I grew up on. My mother used it for almost everything - but she didn't measure - she just glug glugged the stuff into a pan.

Oil (I use olive)
vinegar
soy sauce
garlic powder
onion powder

For variety you can use different vinegars. Yesterday I marinated pork chops in it and I used chinese black vinegar.

You can also add duck sauce - which is nice with chicken. Just watch it when it grills because the sugar in the duck sauce will carmelize and may burn.

heh heh...I use that marinade often myself.I thought I invented it.*LOL*.Duck sauce hmm?I haven't tried that but I'll get some next time I go to the store and we'll see what happens.

UrsulasDaBomb - give it a shot and let me know what you think.

Another variation is to add some mustard to the mixture instead of duck sauce.

Here's a marinade I created I dug up outta my files.You marinade the chicken in a little bit of extravirgin oliveoil,with salt,peper,and honey.The honey adds a touch of sweetness and caramalizes nicely when you grill it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter