Caribbean beach 5th sleeper

PrettyFlower2

DIS Veteran
I really want a newly refurbished “little mermaid room” and booked standard view 5th sleeper. Is this going to put me in Trinidad section? Or can I request certain buildings in Trinidad? Anyone there are have latest scoop as to which buildings will be the newly updated ones? Are there 5th sleeper options everywhere? What’s the best way to go about this ? Has anyone stayed in the new rooms? What did you think? Thanks

I've not stayed in the new LM rooms but these rooms are only in the Trinidad section as this was the old pirate section. This is the only section that has had the rooms redone and there's no planned remodel of any other part of the resort rooms. There are 5th sleeper options scattered around the entire resort. We've stayed in the Jamaica building before which has 5th sleepers and is close to the skyliner, not too bad from the lobby/main pool as far as location. I make my room requests via Touring Plans but I think you can it via MDE/calling Disney as well.

I stayed in the new LM room last month - they are only in Trinidad, which is far from main pool and main food area. Although there is a quiet pool and a small bar with food in Trinidad, but the hours are more limited for certain types of food. The LM room was really nice and we liked it. However, I would prefer being closer to the main pool over the new room if I was given a choice. I have also stayed in a fifth sleeper in Jamaica past year (much closer to main pool and main food area) and is still a nice room. I’d probably chose Jamaica again if it was up to me.
For reference, I did request Jamaica through Touring Plans for my trip last month and was put in a LM room, so no guarantee on requests.

I really want a newly refurbished “little mermaid room” and booked standard view 5th sleeper. Is this going to put me in Trinidad section? Or can I request certain buildings in Trinidad? Anyone there are have latest scoop as to which buildings will be the newly updated ones? Are there 5th sleeper options everywhere? What’s the best way to go about this ? Has anyone stayed in the new rooms? What did you think? Thanks

5th Sleepers are all over the resort. At this point there is no way to book a room in Trinidad. It would be a request only.

Here's a link to a review that might be helpful, there's also first hand commentary posted at the bottom of the blog too. I am sure the rooms are really nice but the location definitely lacks thus why Disney has always had this section of the resort uniquely themed.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/new-little-mermaid-rooms-caribbean-beach-resort
5th Sleepers are all over the resort. At this point there is no way to book a room in Trinidad. It would be a request only.
How often are requests actually met? 🤞

Good question but nobody knows. A request is just that, a request. We've been to disney resorts dozens of times and I'd say majority of our requests are successful. I usually ask for a specific room number in TP since we like corner rooms and I'll add a few buildings/areas if that room isn't open. However, it's never a guarantee and if we don't get it, it's usually not a big deal to walk a little bit more or not have a corner room. If it's really important for health/medical reasons to be in a specific area, it's worth it imo to pay for a preferred room.

Not really sure why you quoted me, but there have always been 5th sleeper as a bookable category at CBR - at least since the last total resort refurb. My point is there is not a specific "Little Mermaid 5th Sleeper" category you can book.

Pirate Room was a bookable category.

These are the categories you can book at CBR
Standard View - 5th Sleeper -- anywhere INCLUDING Trinidad - not Barbados or Martinique
Water/Pool View - 5th Sleeper -- anywhere INCLUDING TRINIDAD
Preferred View - Martinique or Barbados ONLY
Preferred View - 5th Sleeper -- Martinique or Barbados ONLY
King - anywhere except Trinidad
Standard - anywhere EXCEPT Trinidad, Martinique, or Barbados

So a room in Trinidad would require booking Standard or Water/Pool View WITH the 5th sleeper AND requesting Trinidad...but recognizing that requests are only requests.

Good question but nobody knows. A request is just that, a request. We've been to disney resorts dozens of times and I'd say majority of our requests are successful. I usually ask for a specific room number in TP since we like corner rooms and I'll add a few buildings/areas if that room isn't open. However, it's never a guarantee and if we don't get it, it's usually not a big deal to walk a little bit more or not have a corner room. If it's really important for health/medical reasons to be in a specific area, it's worth it imo to pay for a preferred room.
Thanks for all of your helpful info!

Not really sure why you quoted me, but there have always been 5th sleeper as a bookable category at CBR - at least since the last total resort refurb. My point is there is not a specific "Little Mermaid 5th Sleeper" category you can book.

Pirate Room was a bookable category.

These are the categories you can book at CBR
Standard View - 5th Sleeper -- anywhere INCLUDING Trinidad - not Barbados or Martinique
Water/Pool View - 5th Sleeper -- anywhere INCLUDING TRINIDAD
Preferred View - Martinique or Barbados ONLY
Preferred View - 5th Sleeper -- Martinique or Barbados ONLY
King - anywhere except Trinidad
Standard - anywhere EXCEPT Trinidad, Martinique, or Barbados

So a room in Trinidad would require booking Standard or Water/Pool View WITH the 5th sleeper AND requesting Trinidad...but recognizing that requests are only reque
YW- I'm a Dana too :)
Yay!

I stayed in the new LM room last month - they are only in Trinidad, which is far from main pool and main food area. Although there is a quiet pool and a small bar with food in Trinidad, but the hours are more limited for certain types of food. The LM room was really nice and we liked it. However, I would prefer being closer to the main pool over the new room if I was given a choice. I have also stayed in a fifth sleeper in Jamaica past year (much closer to main pool and main food area) and is still a nice room. I’d probably chose Jamaica again if it was up to me.
For reference, I did request Jamaica through Touring Plans for my trip last month and was put in a LM room, so no guarantee on requests.

What category room did you book that landed you in a LM room? Standard View 5th sleeper? Or a better room category?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter