Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to lose as well for our trip. We went to PA back in April for a group trip DH and I organized. When we came back, I found that I had gained about 7 pounds and I still have yet to lose it. I know we will gain more when we are down there and I'm not looking forward to it :headache:

We are on delux dinning, and I am worried about gaining it back.

A little background
2 years ago I was a bit over 200lbs, I have lost 30 ish pounds, (somedays 30 somedays 35 pounds) I have been doing a Jillian Michaels 90day work out and I am starting to see major changes :goodvibes
When we were in WDW as a family in 2009 we stayed at CBR I wished I could run around the path of the resort at that time, but I was too out of shape,
I can not wait to do it when we go in September!!!!

We are on delux dinning, and I am worried about gaining it back.

A little background
2 years ago I was a bit over 200lbs, I have lost 30 ish pounds, (somedays 30 somedays 35 pounds) I have been doing a Jillian Michaels 90day work out and I am starting to see major changes :goodvibes
When we were in WDW as a family in 2009 we stayed at CBR I wished I could run around the path of the resort at that time, but I was too out of shape,
I can not wait to do it when we go in September!!!!

Deluxe dining is way too much food for us. That's pretty much what the DDP was back in 2006 prior to Disney splitting them into 3 categories. I've reminded both DH and DS10 that appetizers, alcoholic drinks and dessert are not included with the basic DDP.

Deluxe dining is way too much food for us. That's pretty much what the DDP was back in 2006 prior to Disney splitting them into 3 categories. I've reminded both DH and DS10 that appetizers, alcoholic drinks and dessert are not included with the basic DDP.

I am pretty sure that the basic DDP does include dessert.

We did try the dxddp and it was too much for us too.

I am pretty sure that the basic DDP does include dessert.

We did try the dxddp and it was too much for us too.

I did deluxe this time because we had free dinning so it ws just an upgrade and We ar doing Mickeys Back Yard BBQ and CRT. They are 2 credits each,
I mostly only have 1 TS per day 2 days we have 2. My family does eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, it may just be cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch but they will want to eat. Last time in 2009 we just had the Dinning plan and i still paid a ton for breakfast at the food court out of pocket.

Please tell me I did the right thing... We decide to do a split stay, I know we will have to pack up and it will be a big pain in the butt... But Since my daughter was able to get another 4 days off, we decide we would love to try out a new resort..
We plan to stay 7 nights at fort wilderness cabins, then move to Disney's Caribbean beach for 9 nights.
We only had to pay about $50 more each, for the extra 4 nights, as we are downsizing from cabin to room... We went from 12 nights at the fort to only 7 nights.
Since her boyfriend is leaving on the 30th, I said let leave then too.
We could wash clothes and move to Caribbean beach...on the 30th and then we could stay 9 nights.
We have never stayed at Caribbean beach, tell me this is a great resort... lol

I might be going to Disney in late August. If I go, i'm planning on staying at CBR but my question is; since I have never stayed there, which part of the resort would be best to get. Just to throw this out there, if it helps any; I rather be close to Old Port Royale then anything else. Being near the pirate pool and other things don't matter. Any recommendations would be great.

CBR *is* great! I can't see anyone being disappointed here.

For me, being close to Port Royale was the most important thing so I sprung for Preferred so it would be guaranteed. A little more money, but at least I didn't have to stress over which building I was going to be in.

We love CBR, but I've run into something I've never had to deal with before. On the day the 2013 packages came out, I went to book our Feb 2-14 vacation. When offered room options, no Preferred Room option was available. Apparently there are no preferred rooms available Feb 8-10 at all.

I know dance and cheer groups are usually there during our annual dates, but I've never seen the entire Preferred room option unavailable this far in advance. I wonder if they really are all gone or if this is a mistake in the system?

I'm just posting to say how much I (and my family) love CBR!!! We stayed again June 15-24 and it was just as wonderful as always! I've posted a few new photos in the "CBR 2012" link below - thanks to each of you who post information and suggestions about CBR - it's our favorite, again and again!! :thumbsup2

I'm just posting to say how much I (and my family) love CBR!!! We stayed again June 15-24 and it was just as wonderful as always! I've posted a few new photos in the "CBR 2012" link below - thanks to each of you who post information and suggestions about CBR - it's our favorite, again and again!! :thumbsup2

Great pictures ! We will be there in October :thumbsup2

I might be going to Disney in late August. If I go, i'm planning on staying at CBR but my question is; since I have never stayed there, which part of the resort would be best to get. Just to throw this out there, if it helps any; I rather be close to Old Port Royale then anything else. Being near the pirate pool and other things don't matter. Any recommendations would be great.

If you're close to OPR you will be close to the Pirate (main) pool, they are right next to one another. ;)

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are the closest non-preferred buildings.

How long does it usually take to get from the Orlando Airport to the CBR Resort ( via Disneyworld's Magical Express Bus )?

Are we talking about 45 minutes from Airport to CBR Resort?

Since CBR is probably going to end up being the resort we are going to be at - I have a couple of questions. I have gone thru a ton of the pages, but don't have time to hit all 100+ this afternoon!!

1. Guest check-in is NOT in the same building as the food court etc? Am I reading that right? Check-in in CustomHouse & Food etc in Old Port Royale?

2. Preferred rooms - are these located in Trinidad/Martinique or where is their 'preferred' location set at?

3. Do you feel the extra charge for preferred is worth it? (I wouldn't go back to Coronado w/o preferred- we were as far away as you could get).

4. For the marathon, do they run buses at each stop or only one marathon delivery bus from one point? (I'm NOT running - kids are lol).

How long does it usually take to get from the Orlando Airport to the CBR Resort ( via Disneyworld's Magical Express Bus )?

Are we talking about 45 minutes from Airport to CBR Resort?

It can always vary, but that's a pretty good guesstimate. We just took DME from MCO to CBR last week and that's approximately how long it took us. Our DME bus first stopped at Art of Animation and then Pop Century before dropping us off at CBR. We were the third stop. Then it went on to the Beach Club. It could go in any order depending on how many people they have at that time going where.

Since CBR is probably going to end up being the resort we are going to be at - I have a couple of questions. I have gone thru a ton of the pages, but don't have time to hit all 100+ this afternoon!!

1. Guest check-in is NOT in the same building as the food court etc? Am I reading that right? Check-in in CustomHouse & Food etc in Old Port Royale?

2. Preferred rooms - are these located in Trinidad/Martinique or where is their 'preferred' location set at?

3. Do you feel the extra charge for preferred is worth it? (I wouldn't go back to Coronado w/o preferred- we were as far away as you could get).

4. For the marathon, do they run buses at each stop or only one marathon delivery bus from one point? (I'm NOT running - kids are lol).

1. You check in and out at the Custom House which is a separate building as the food court. There's really no need to go to the Custom House except for checking in or out since there's a concierge desk in the food court. The food court, main pool, marina, pool bar, hot tubs, store and hair wrap station are all located at Old Port Royale which is, roughly, in the middle of the resort.

2. All of Trinidad North and buildings 26, 25 and 24 of Martinique are preferred locations. They are located on either side of Old Port Royale.

3. The resort is large but we don't mind the walks. We have only paid for preferred once and that was because it was the only type room that was available. This past trip, we were in Barbados 11 which is one of the furthest buildings from Old Port Royale (but in the village closest to the Custom House) and our walk to Old Port Royale was 7 1/2 minutes at a leisurely pace. Our stays in Jamaica and Aruba were about 5 minutes. Unlike the CSR, there's a bridge that connects each side of the resort so you won't have to walk all the way around the promenade to get to Old Port Royale.

4. I can't help you on the bus system for the marathon runners but hopefully someone else can.

Quick question. We've booked a king room and requested Jamaica, second floor. Is this going to be a possibility? I have no idea where the king rooms are.

Thanks!!!

Quick question. We've booked a king room and requested Jamaica, second floor. Is this going to be a possibility? I have no idea where the king rooms are.

Thanks!!!

Yes it's very possible. There are king rooms in every building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter