Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH made DS Mickey Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast this morning and I was wonderng. How early does CS at the resort open for breakfast? I know there is the grab and go place...but what type of CS breakfast is served and how are their prices? We are doing our CS for lunch and TS for dinner....so I'm trying to figure out do I ship a few breakfast things down or do I bite the breakfast bullet and we just eat out too. Thanks and Happy Sunday to all!!!

I heard that the main pool had towels to use, but that the smaller pools did not. I'm considering buying three Disney related towels to bring. I can get them really cheap today as a promo at work but I'm on the fence if it's worth to buy and take. We will be flying but I'm again thinking of it as something else to hide from DS until they "show up" in our hotel room with his swim trunks as a surprise. Thanks for letting me know.

I know I read through this thread once before and there was a lot of bldg suggestions. I'm hoping someone can help and that I don't have to read through it all again. ;)

We are planning to stay at CBR for the first time in Feb. I want to make our reservations tomorrow and put in a request for a specific room at the same time. We would like to be closer to the main pool (5-7min walk okay, just not 20mins!) and also the parking lot since we will have our own car (do not need to be close to the bus stop). Same distance to food court would be good as well. Suggestions? TIA!

Sorry for quoting myself, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm new to the thread and read through the first 30 pages or so but have a question that I'm sure has been answered before… I know that check in at the customs house is separate from center town and by the looks on the map it's quite a distance from a lot of the rooms. Do you have to walk across the resort to your room? I assume the resort shuttle buses will take you around but just wondered. Also are the resort shuttles the same as the ones that take you to the parks or do you have to transfer at a main bus stop? And my last question is are the themes of each section basically the same with different colors or are they each unique? Okay that's all the questions for now��

The internal shuttle takes you to your 'island' upon check in. The internal shuttles are the same type of buses that go to the parks. But the park buses go only to the parks, the internal buses state "Internal" right on the display, it makes the loop of the islands and then to custom house. The themes are all the same, just the colors are different.

SenecaWolf said:
The internal shuttle takes you to your 'island' upon check in. The internal shuttles are the same type of buses that go to the parks. But the park buses go only to the parks, the internal buses state "Internal" right on the display, it makes the loop of the islands and then to custom house. The themes are all the same, just the colors are different.

Will the internal shuttles load up wheelchairs? My mom may be using a scooter, I would probably not make the shuttle wait if she could get up to the main bus stop by herself.

I had posted earlier in the thread that our family(Me DW, DD37 & family, DD38 & family) were going to Myrtle Beach this year as we alternate every other year at WDW. The two son-in-laws felt they wanted to skip WDW again in 2013 after we made plans as a family. Bummer as me and the DGkids were so looking forward to CBR next year. We all planned our own vacations for next year. I & DW were to go by train to San Antonio spend 3 nights and return by train. DD38 and family were going to Clearwater Beach for 5 and DD37 and family were going to join DD38 or see the Ozarks.

Now I just got a call from the girls who are doing a mother daughter in Vegas. Well, what they whipped up will not stay in Vegas.

We are all going the CBR the first of June for 5 nights then DD38's family will do Clearwater for 4 and then DD37 will do an additional 3 nights at WDW and DW & I will then take the train to SA for two nights and head home by train to Chicago.

It sure is not what anyone planned but it is Lisa's fault we are all going to the beautiful CBR! LOL We will stay preferred and love every minute of it. DW want Lisa to hurry up and get her trip report done.

I was so put out when I thought no CBR next year but now I and DGD9 and DGS5 are feeling so much better.

Sorry :offtopic:

After 7 months of planning......we are down to 2 days. In 2 days....at this time....Disney Family and I will have just arrived at CBR and will be swimming in the pool and getting ready to watch a movie at the pool. Can't wait!

Will the internal shuttles load up wheelchairs? My mom may be using a scooter, I would probably not make the shuttle wait if she could get up to the main bus stop by herself.

Yes, it is the same type of bus that goes to the parks, except instead of saying Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc...it says Internal on the display. It makes the rounds to every stop at the resort and at Custom House.

DH made DS Mickey Chocolate Chip Pancakes for breakfast this morning and I was wonderng. How early does CS at the resort open for breakfast? I know there is the grab and go place...but what type of CS breakfast is served and how are their prices? We are doing our CS for lunch and TS for dinner....so I'm trying to figure out do I ship a few breakfast things down or do I bite the breakfast bullet and we just eat out too. Thanks and Happy Sunday to all!!!

Allears.net has all the menus for the resorts and parks available for viewing including pricing. I've been looking a lot so we can figure out our ADRs. Pretty much all the resorts have the same kind of CS breakfast including the Mickeyhead waffles. Here's the link to it to make it easier for you. FYI - you will need to scroll down the list to get to the resorts section. http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Yes, it is the same type of bus that goes to the parks, except instead of saying Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc...it says Internal on the display. It makes the rounds to every stop at the resort and at Custom House.

Yay!!! Have fun :)

I heard that the main pool had towels to use, but that the smaller pools did not. I'm considering buying three Disney related towels to bring. I can get them really cheap today as a promo at work but I'm on the fence if it's worth to buy and take. We will be flying but I'm again thinking of it as something else to hide from DS until they "show up" in our hotel room with his swim trunks as a surprise. Thanks for letting me know.

I think it would be fun to take the towel. We normally take our own.

Heading to CBR next month. Can't wait. :banana:

I know that the resort has an internal bus system. But where do you wait to get the buses that take you directly to the parks? At custom house or OPR?

Thanks!

Heading to CBR next month. Can't wait. :banana:

I know that the resort has an internal bus system. But where do you wait to get the buses that take you directly to the parks? At custom house or OPR?

Thanks!

Each village has it's own bus stop. Once you know your room location, you can look at the map and see which stop is closest to your room. :thumbsup2

You will love CBR - one of my favorite resorts at WDW!

I had posted earlier in the thread that our family(Me DW, DD37 & family, DD38 & family) were going to Myrtle Beach this year as we alternate every other year at WDW. The two son-in-laws felt they wanted to skip WDW again in 2013 after we made plans as a family. Bummer as me and the DGkids were so looking forward to CBR next year. We all planned our own vacations for next year. I & DW were to go by train to San Antonio spend 3 nights and return by train. DD38 and family were going to Clearwater Beach for 5 and DD37 and family were going to join DD38 or see the Ozarks.

Now I just got a call from the girls who are doing a mother daughter in Vegas. Well, what they whipped up will not stay in Vegas.

We are all going the CBR the first of June for 5 nights then DD38's family will do Clearwater for 4 and then DD37 will do an additional 3 nights at WDW and DW & I will then take the train to SA for two nights and head home by train to Chicago.

It sure is not what anyone planned but it is Lisa's fault we are all going to the beautiful CBR! LOL We will stay preferred and love every minute of it. DW want Lisa to hurry up and get her trip report done.

I was so put out when I thought no CBR next year but now I and DGD9 and DGS5 are feeling so much better.

Sorry :offtopic:

I'm so excited to hear that you're still getting your trip to WDW! We were talking about going to San Antonio over the Thanksgiving weekend but changed our minds when Lacey & Jesse said they will be coming home that weekend.

Tell the wife that I'm dragging out the trip report as long as I can. I gotta relive a lot of Disney moments before heading back. :thumbsup2

After 7 months of planning......we are down to 2 days. In 2 days....at this time....Disney Family and I will have just arrived at CBR and will be swimming in the pool and getting ready to watch a movie at the pool. Can't wait!

Take me with you! Seriously, I hope that ya'll have a great time. Take lots of pictures to share with us.

Trip booked for 7 nights at CBR in September. Pirate room for DS5. Also have DD16mo and DH with me. My question is regarding transportation because I'm getting confused after reading up on the resort. Will we board an internal bus near our room and then transfer to a park bus at the custom house? Or do the park buses make the loop around the islands as well?

Trip booked for 7 nights at CBR in September. Pirate room for DS5. Also have DD16mo and DH with me. My question is regarding transportation because I'm getting confused after reading up on the resort. Will we board an internal bus near our room and then transfer to a park bus at the custom house? Or do the park buses make the loop around the islands as well?

the park bus will loop around to your bus stop. No need to take internal bus unless you want to go to the eatery and you do not want to walk.

cantwaitvaca09 said:
the park bus will loop around to your bus stop. No need to take internal bus unless you want to go to the eatery and you do not want to walk.

How long does the loop around the islands take? (realistically how long would it take to get from our room (Trinidad south has the pirate rooms right?) to MK?)

I don't know how long for sure, but one website I found says it takes 15-20 once on the bus to MK.

When I was there in 2009 & 2011 It did not seem very long to do the loop around at all, maybe 10 minutes. So I would guess half an hour to get frim bus stop to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter