Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to reading your trip report Lisa. We tried POR one time and we missed CBR so much that year. So there is never a discussion as to where we are staying because the answer from the girls is "CBR".

Glad you had a great trip. We leave July 13th and can't wait!!!

Just checked into CBR!! We are in Martinique 21, second floor. Room was ready when we got here a little before 10, and we did not do online checkin (just fyi). Everything is clean and looks great! We have the new white bedspreads.

Try and take some pics of the new layout and post them if you don't mind and its not too much trouble.

[COLOR="Teal"

For those of you traveling to Caribbean Beach in June, I picked up a copy of the June Recreation Activities flyer. I can't seem to get Photobucket to work for me right now. I'll try again tomorrow. If nothing else, I'll type out all of the details and post them here.[/COLOR]

We are heading there the last week of June, so I'd love to see this as well. Thank you!

Welcome home Lisa!! So glad CBR was good to you guys again. We too have stayed at POR and POFQ and definitely prefer CBR over both of them. They are both nice resorts, but there's just something about CBR that says "home". I know you just got back, but looking forward to another awesome McBride trip report.:rotfl:

We wanted to try out a new resort even if it was for just one night and settled on French Quarter. Like I said above, it felt too much like what we see here in Louisiana so it didn't feel "unique" to us.

I started my trip report if you want to follow along.

Photobucket and I are still feuding with each other so I'll type out the June Recreation Activities flyer that I picked up.

3:00: Don't Miss the Jammin' Pool Party Bash! Bring the whole family for fun and exciting games during our daily pool party! The excitement continues at 4:00 p.m. with our Island Dance Party Extravaganza each day. Show off your moves to classic line dances right on the pool deck!

8:30: Movies Under The Stars: Joine us each night for one of your favorite Disney movies outside in the moonlight next to Banana Cabana.

Sunday: The Lion King
Monday: Lady and the Tramp
Tuesday: Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
Wednesday: Mulan
Thursday: Oliver and Company
Friday: Peter Pan
Saturday: Monsters, Inc.

Poolside Activities: Join us for these family friendly activities each day at Fuentes del Morro Pool. Pool hours and lifeguard availability vary by pool and are subject to change.

Sunday:
1:00: Caribbean Close Counts
2:00: Water Relays
2:30: Mickey Who?
3:00: Pool Party bash
4:00: Island Dance Party Extravaganza
4:30: Caribbean Photo Scanvenger Hunt
5:30: Beachy Bean Bag Toss
6:30: Caribbean Campire located on Martinique Beach

Monday:
1:00: Disney Trivia
2:00: What would you do?
2:30: Beach Ball Blast
3:00: Pool party bash
4:30: Water balloon games
5:30: Tropical ring toss
6:30: Caribbean campfire located on Martinique beach

Tuesday:
1:00: Don't forget the Disney lyrics
2:00: Bingo
2:30: Musical stars
4:30: Paradise pool games
5:30: The perfect match

Wednesday:
1:00: Disney shout-out
2:00: Hula hoop games
2:30: Notable quotables
4:30: Pirate pitchburst
5:30: On target

Thursday:
1:00: What would you do?
2:00: Paradise pool games
2:30: Coconut bowling
4:30: Jammin' giant games
5:30: Mickey who?

Friday:
1:00: Disney trivia
2:00: Beach ball blast
2:30: Bingo
4:30: Pirate pitchburst
5:30: The perfect match

Saturday:
1:00: What's in your Caribbean Beach bag?
2:00: Water basketball
2:30: Name that WDW attraction
4:30: Name that tune
5:30: What would you do?
6:30: Caribbean campfire located on Martinique Beach

Without typing out ALL of the details on the marina, arcade, guided fish excursions and pirate cruise listed, I'll simply post the hours/contact info:

Barefoot Bay Boat Yard/Bike Works: Open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Goombay Games Arcade: Open 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

Guided Fish Excursions: 7:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. daily. 407-WDW-BASS

Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise: Ages 4 to 12. Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.. 407-WDW-PLAY

Just checked into CBR!! We are in Martinique 21, second floor. Room was ready when we got here a little before 10, and we did not do online checkin (just fyi). Everything is clean and looks great! We have the new white bedspreads.

Yay for arriving early and your room being ready!

Looking forward to reading your trip report Lisa. We tried POR one time and we missed CBR so much that year. So there is never a discussion as to where we are staying because the answer from the girls is "CBR".

Glad you had a great trip. We leave July 13th and can't wait!!!

I can understand your train of thought. Why change up something that we know is a good fit.

Try and take some pics of the new layout and post them if you don't mind and its not too much trouble.

We returned Saturday and the layout of the rooms are the same. The only change were the bedspreads. No bright Nemo/tropical color bedspreads. Just white.

For any of you who would like to read about our latest trip to Disney, here's the link: 1 crazy family+2 resorts+5 parks+1 snake+1 surprise= A Mickeystoontown Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3122381

As is hinted in the title of the report, we had quite a few exciting things happen while on the trip. In case you are wondering (go ahead...admit it....you were :laughing:) the snake was NOT spotted at Caribbean Beach.

Awesome...we leave friday and I think we will do the campfire that night...hopefully it wont rain...

Have fun and I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's no rain. Oh and just a note, they were doing some sort of work on the Martinique beach but the campfire pit was still there. If it's not there, then ask a castmember because it has been held on the Trinidad North beach before.

I will try, but we've already messed up the room. DH and kids had started unloading things before I got in here. Post # 679 on page 46 is a link to current pics, thr post was by pktbmouse. The only thing changed is the bedspreads as far as I can tell. The Nemo border is still up.

Hi all :) we just changed to this resort for 9/20-9/28. We do have FD; and will be celebrating my Bday ! We have never stayed at a Mod before; mostly deluxes and 2 times at Pop. My son's friend at school just returned and they stayed in a pirate room- so we're trying it :) And we're saving 1200 WOW ! We were booked at the BC- we've stayed there before and love it; especially the location ! But my son really wants a pirate room and pirate pool :thumbsup2
So I'm game ~ as long as we're at Disney that's what counts !

I have no idea where this resort is located in terms of where in WDW and which is the nearest park.

If anyone can give me a list of must do's and if you could tell me about the sit down restaurant I would really appreciate it:flower3:

Thanks in advance !

Hi all :) we just changed to this resort for 9/20-9/28. We do have FD; and will be celebrating my Bday ! We have never stayed at a Mod before; mostly deluxes and 2 times at Pop. My son's friend at school just returned and they stayed in a pirate room- so we're trying it :) And we're saving 1200 WOW ! We were booked at the BC- we've stayed there before and love it; especially the location ! But my son really wants a pirate room and pirate pool :thumbsup2
So I'm game ~ as long as we're at Disney that's what counts !

I have no idea where this resort is located in terms of where in WDW and which is the nearest park.

If anyone can give me a list of must do's and if you could tell me about the sit down restaurant I would really appreciate it:flower3:

Thanks in advance !

DHS is the closest park and is about a 5 minute bus ride. Epcot is the next closest and is about 7 minutes, AK about 10 and about 17 to MK.

Our must do's:
Smore's at night on the beach
Rent a Surrey bike
Grab a drink and watch Illuminations from the beach (granted you can only see the higher fireworks, but it's still awesome!)
Grab a nap on a hammock on the beach
Catch one of the nightly movies
Stroll around the lake as the sun comes up and/or sets
Take 1 or 2 days to just chill at the resort and enjoy

Shutters is the table service restaurant and has a Caribbean flavored menu. The décor is nothing special, but the service is great and the food quality is much improved from a few years ago. It is only open for dinner and here are the menus.

Main Dinner Menu
http://allears.net/menu/menu_shut.htm

Kids Dinner Menu
http://allears.net/menu/menu_shutk.htm

CBR is our favorite moderate. Hope you have a magical stay!

I have never stayed a Caribbean Beach before. (usually at All Stars) I got a promo for free dining for November so I figured I could afford to bump up! From the pics I have seen so far...I am worried we may never want to leave the resort!! It looks wonderful.

I really love the pirate room...wondering if it is worth a bump up there...thoughts??

I have a preferred room booked but in the interest of saving the $212 dollars I am thinking of dropping it down to a Standard room. I know this question has probably been asked a million times but what are the best areas to request for Standard? I don't mind a 5 minute walk or thereabouts. But it is August when we're going to I'd like to not be really far from the main areas.
I like the looks of the Jamaica buildings. Are they too far to use the food court and pool often?

pigletto said:
I have a preferred room booked but in the interest of saving the $212 dollars I am thinking of dropping it down to a Standard room. I know this question has probably been asked a million times but what are the best areas to request for Standard? I don't mind a 5 minute walk or thereabouts. But it is August when we're going to I'd like to not be really far from the main areas.
I like the looks of the Jamaica buildings. Are they too far to use the food court and pool often?

Our favorite is Jamaica 45 which is just under 5 minutes to the food court. Aruba 51 is also the same. Martinique 21, 22, and 23 are close too.

Just wanted to say Hi!:wave2: I followed you over hear from team August. We did switch our November trip to CBR. Decided to book standard, and requested Jamaica 44, 45, or 46 based on waaaaaaay too much reading the other night.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter