Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans Riverside, need your advice.

Which resort do you recommend?

• Caribbean Beach Resort

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Port Orleans Riverside

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Mico.jp

Earning My Ears
Thank you so much for the advice!!
I've just booked Caribbean and we're so excited to be there.

I need your advice.
My family plans to take a trip to WDW from Japan in Nov 2020.
It will be our third trip there.
We've previously stayed at POP but our youngest turned 3 so we need a room for 5.

Our choices are
Caribbean Beach resort / water view room
or
Port Orleans River side / Preferred room
They both cost exact same amount.

We originally wanted to stay at a standard room at Caribbean, but it is sold out.
I like Port Orleans' room better, it looks better and it is newer. I like the wood look vinyl carpet better.
But I also want to stay at Caribbean since it has skyliner and I like the theming better.
My 8yo daughter like POR because it's prettier, but my boys (10&3) thinks CBR looks more fun.

I'm so indecisive , I can't make up my mind.
Could you please share your thought??

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but for the same price POR doesn't have enough to sway me from picking CBR and the Skyliner.

CBR has bigger rooms too, which is helpful when you've got 5 people in there.

Although I love POR and it has always been my choice for a moderate, with the Skyliner now we have booked CBR for our Aug trip. It will make it so much easier to get to DHS & Epcot parks plus opens up the Epcot hotels, and Boardwalk for dining.
CBR was our first WDW hotel stay back in 2007 I think. We enjoyed it and thought it was very pretty. Very lush and tropical. And I enjoyed the hammocks on the beach.

I‘d book the water view but keep checking because a standard view may open up.

POR is my favorite mod...however, I've booked CBR for the first three nights of our August stay stay. I needed to book a room with a 5th sleeper, which both POR and CBR have. I booked at CBR standard because the standard view 5th sleeper rooms there are really close to both the Skyliner stations, and given reports about how convenient and quick the Skyliner is, I just couldn't pass up the chance to try it out. Especially since the cost at CBR was lower than at POR.

Once we experience it, I may or may not be interested in returning (I really love POR and think the bus service there is great as the resort is so centrally located). In the end, we are really looking forward to experiencing the Skyliner.

Last edited:

I was in the same dilemma. Thankfully, the decision was made for me and CBR was booked for our dates. We really enjoyed our stay at POR (also a family of 5) so I am not disappointed.

Just my opinion, but for the same price POR doesn't have enough to sway me from picking CBR and the Skyliner.

CBR has bigger rooms too, which is helpful when you've got 5 people in there.
Thank you for your advice! We've decided to stay at CBR this time. It's really nice to know CBR has bigger rooms.

Although I love POR and it has always been my choice for a moderate, with the Skyliner now we have booked CBR for our Aug trip. It will make it so much easier to get to DHS & Epcot parks plus opens up the Epcot hotels, and Boardwalk for dining.
CBR was our first WDW hotel stay back in 2007 I think. We enjoyed it and thought it was very pretty. Very lush and tropical. And I enjoyed the hammocks on the beach.

I‘d book the water view but keep checking because a standard shows up.
Thank you for your advice!
Yes, I love the tropical atmosphere at the CBR. We will visit Epcot and DHS for five days and we want to come back to the resort to take a nap and go swimming, so it will be really convenient to stay at CBR.

Too late to add my $0.02, but yes to CBR! You can see from my signature I have gravitated to PO a few times, but the Skyliner (AoA/Pop/CBR) has totally won us over. My wife even said after November, she only wishes to stay at resorts on the Skyliner. So for our next trip we are looking at CBR as well.

POR is my favorite mod...however, I've booked CBR for the first three nights of our August stay stay. I needed to books a room with a 5th sleeper, which both POR and CBR have. I booked at CBR standard because the standard view 5th sleeper rooms there are really close to both the Skyliner stations, and given reports about how convenient and quick the Skyliner is, I just couldn't pass up the chance to try it out. Especially since the cost at CBR was lower than at POR.

Once we experience it, I may or may not be interested in returning (I really love POR and think the bus service there is great as the resort is so centrally located). In the end, we are really looking forward to experiencing the Skyliner.
Thank you for your reply!
We plan to request either building 44 or 45 in Jamaica at CBR.
I hope you'll have a wonderful trip in August.

I was in the same dilemma. Thankfully, the decision was made for me and CBR was booked for our dates. We really enjoyed our stay at POR (also a family of 5) so I am not disappointed.
Thank you for your reply! I'm surprised how CBR sells out quickly these days.I'm sure your stay at POR would be fantastic!!

Too late to add my $0.02, but yes to CBR! You can see from my signature I have gravitated to PO a few times, but the Skyliner (AoA/Pop/CBR) has totally won us over. My wife even said after November, she only wishes to stay at resorts on the Skyliner. So for our next trip we are looking at CBR as well.

Thank you for sharing your thought about the Skyliner! It was very helpful. Can't wait to try it by myself!

You'll enjoy CBR. The rooms are very nice, plus I like the door seperating the sink area instead of a curtain, it just seems more private. The grounds at CBR are extremely relaxing and the pool is a lot of fun. Hope you have a great time.

You'll enjoy CBR. The rooms are very nice, plus I like the door seperating the sink area instead of a curtain, it just seems more private. The grounds at CBR are extremely relaxing and the pool is a lot of fun. Hope you have a great time.
Thank you for your comment! Our kids LOVE the pool so much. We'll make sure to have enough time for them to swim and explore the ground. I also like the sliding door to separate the sink area as you said.

Thank you for this specific OP - our very first WDW vacation was in summer of 2018 with us staying at POR (Alligator Bayou area) and loving it.

Our upcoming March trip we are trying CBR water view and requesting a 5th sleeper if possible. Looking forward to trying it out and especially the skyliner access!

DD13 and DS10 loved the pool at POR are are very excited about the CBR pool also.

Something we really didn’t do last trip but are this time is planning a resort day mid trip where we will sleep in, enjoy brunch at Toppolino’s Terrace and do next to nothing but swim and relax at CBR. After four straight park days that will be a welcome break!

POR has always been my favorite moderate resort. CBR is the only moderate we have not stayed at though. I think a lot of people are choosing CBR over POR lately since they have built the skyliner,including myself. They also have done a lot of construction on the main building and it looks really nice.
We are now booked at CBR in August for our first stay there.

Thank you for this specific OP - our very first WDW vacation was in summer of 2018 with us staying at POR (Alligator Bayou area) and loving it.

Our upcoming March trip we are trying CBR water view and requesting a 5th sleeper if possible. Looking forward to trying it out and especially the skyliner access!

DD13 and DS10 loved the pool at POR are are very excited about the CBR pool also.

Something we really didn’t do last trip but are this time is planning a resort day mid trip where we will sleep in, enjoy brunch at Toppolino’s Terrace and do next to nothing but swim and relax at CBR. After four straight park days that will be a welcome break!

Thank you for sharing your plan! I really love your resort day idea. Our kids are still young (3,8 and 10) so we plan to take mid-day breaks when we can, but I think having a no-park day sounds great for us as well. Our kids are die-hard pool lovers(We normally stay hotels with swimming pool, but it's not easy to find one here in Japan), so I think they need a day they can swim as much as they want.

Thank you for sharing your plan! I really love your resort day idea. Our kids are still young (3,8 and 10) so we plan to take mid-day breaks when we can, but I think having a no-park day sounds great for us as well. Our kids are die-hard pool lovers(We normally stay hotels with swimming pool, but it's not easy to find one here in Japan), so I think they need a day they can swim as much as they want.

They will love the pool area at CBR. They have a fun splash area too. Plus the slides in the themed pool are fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter