Caribbean vs. Coronado?

gemduncan

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip the first week of February 2018. We are planning to visit Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Sea World while we are in Orlando.

Do you prefer Caribbean or Coronado? Why? Both are currently going under renovations while we will be there.

Last time we stayed at AoA (Feb 2017). It was a very nice hotel and I would stay there again, but I wanted to try somewhere different. My main needs for a hotel besides sleeping is a nice pool and quick service or sit-down food service options.

We prefer Coronado, as it has a bit more a deluxe feel than the other moderates. The pool is very nice, and there are both food options. As far as renovations, I believe those at Caribbean Beach are more extensive and affect the resort overall much more than those at Coronado.

Normally I would say Caribbean Beach all the way. But with no table service and only a buffet in a tent for quick service, at Caribbean Beach, Coronado it is!

I've only stayed at Caribbean Beach, and I did love it, but out of those two, I would probably try Coronado because of the renovations.

I prefer CSR. The busing is better, there are more dining options, and the amenities are not being affected by construction.

We have stayed at Coronado Springs twice and it is a very beautiful, relaxing, and peaceful resort. Very nice gift shop. The Pepper Market has a great variety of meals to choose from. The pool is large, well-designed, and in a beautiful setting. Lovely walkways for a morning or evening stroll.

You mentioned you have stayed at Art of Animation. You will find Coronado Springs to be a very different experience.

Was looking at both of these resorts, they are both the same price. We are learning towards CBR because we were at Coronado a few years ago.
How bad is construction at CBR?

I've stayed at both, and I think Coronado is worlds nicer than Caribbean Beach.

I haven't been following the construction updates or timelines for either resort, but I know the construction at CSR was less intrusive than the construction at CBR. Fewer amenities were impacted. Aside from that, we have a strong preference for CSR over CBR. It's smaller, easier to navigate, centrally located, and we love the dig site pool. We also had a much better bus experience, with fewer (and less crowded) bus stops. My only minor gripe about CSR is the quick service food options. While the options are plentiful, both Pepper Market and Cafe Rix are operated by third party vendors rather than WDW. Because of this, the QS food isn't the typical QS you'd find elsewhere in WDW and we didn't care for how some of the dishes were prepared. Total matter of opinion. So we preferred the CBR food court over CSR, but with the current construction, I don't know that the CBR food court i an option for February anyhow.

I agree with Maxiesmom, but it's just preference. Have stayed at both and thought CSR was way, way better than CBR. Of course, CBR has its die-hards. Considering the construction, I'd definitely opt for CSR. Agree with nkerina about food not being ... fantastic, but I don't think it is in any of the resorts if you're talking about quick service or food court, so not a negative, all things considered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter