Carnival & RCI and SARS

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
I can't believe I just heard this. CBS news out of Boston (we get it on satellite) just reported that Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines and Carnival Cruise Lines will not board any passengers who have been in Toronto in the last two weeks. I'm having a really hard time believing this is true. Did anyone else hear this?

We have not received any notification in our office of this from the cruise lines. I guess we won't be sending anyone out of Toronto to Florida or other ports to catch their cruise ships. Wow, I hope this is not true:(

Wow! That's crummy :( I heard last week that Crystal Cruises (out of L.A.) wasn't taking any passengers from Toronto or China. *sigh*

I just checked Royal Caribbean's agent website and they are advising that any passengers coming through or from Toronto, will be subject to a health check prior to deciding whether to let them board. Temperature of passenger will be taken. At least this is not as bad as what the news was reporting last night.

When will all of this end? :(

Hi

I heard that report too but it did say that they would be screening pasengers, probably using the same tool that they are using in TO hospitals. That is, you disclose where you have been, describe any respiratory symptoms you may have and have your body temperature recorded. Despite what the WHO thinks these procedures have worked very well.

If they were just discriminating against Torontonians then that would be serious reason for protest, but if they are screening across the board, then this is just prudent. Remember, cruise ships are still recovering from that outbreak of Norwalk last fall. I imagine they have several law suits as well as refunds pending on just that. If and it would be a huge if, but if someone caught SARS from an unscreened passenger the lawsuit would damage cruise line business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter