Carousal of Progress closed now?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
So now that the remake of AE is open does that mean the the COP is going to close?

I hope not that is a great ride even if you look at it from the historical perspective. I Know the song by heart and it really was one of Walt's pet projects for the worlds fair.

How do we start a petition for the suits at WDW to refurbish and and enjoy the history?

Anybody else going to miss this if /when it closes?

Dave

I thought COP was going to be open until the official opening of Stitch, which I believe is not until November 13th or 14th.
I hope that's right because I really want to ride it!

Originally posted by safetymom
It is still open. It is also scheduled for a refurbishment.

When is the refurbishment scheduled for? I'm hoping to take my kids to see this attraction on our next trip (11.27 - 12.14).

Refurbishment? REALLY TRUELY that is so cool, I was under the idea that when the new Stich ride was opened that they were going to close the COP permanently closed.

Thanks for the pixie dust

Originally posted by safetymom
It is still open. It is also scheduled for a refurbishment.

I am pretty sure you are right. It was open in late October when we were there and I am almost sure that they were keeping it open until Stitch. I don't think it will be open in late November, however. But from the buzz we got in WDW, it is not closing permanently. Lets hope not anyway!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter