CARRIBEAN BEACH vs CORANDO SPRINGS

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
Which resort do you prefer and why? I stayed at CBR and loved it, but my husband wants to say at CS. I would like good and bad views. Thank you:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DR and I stayed at CSR back in Oct of 98 not too long after it had opened. It was the only moderate that was available for our nights and I was not sure about it when I booked the reservation. The theme wasn't my style and it was new - wasn't familiar with it like I was CBR, DxL & PO.

We checked in and all my doubts went right out the window. The lobby was very nice - the grounds were just starting to grow in, but still beautiful. We loved the pool and the pool bar. I liked the choices at the food court quite a bit. We stayed in the Cabanas 9A section (if I remember correctly) and loved it - the room was bright and colorful and pretty spacious for the two of us (it was a king bed water view).

There was a convention there, but it didn't bother us - it gave the place an adult feel, which was nice since it was just the two of us. The bus service was excellent. The resort seemed really big, but I think each section has its benefits.

I haven't stayed at CBR since 1991, but I liked it when I was there. Either way you can't go wrong.

Melissa

My family (DH, 2 DD's & me) stayed at CSR for MVMCP in December and we absolutely loved it. The room was spacious enough for the four of us and it was very nice. The colors used in the room were turquoise and orange and were very nice.

We loved the selections at the food court and there is also a little "quick stop" food store there, too. There prices were pretty reasonable, for Disney.

One of the best things we liked about the CSR was the really nice gift shop. It was one of the nicer ones we had seen. The lobby is beautiful and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous! It would definitely be a do over for our family. Good luck in whichever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

We have stayed at all the moderate resorts, and all of them are beautiful. To us, the one thing that CSR clearly has that stands out over all the others is the transportation. CSR is a convention resort. And because of this, you don't have that many people using the bus to travel to and from the parks. At the end of the day, it's nice to be able to sit on the ride back to your resort. If I'm not mistaken, CBR has an internal bus that loops around this resort. That in it's self, tells you the size of CBR yet, I always here people talk about how big CSR is. I also like the location of CSR. We always rent a car, so getting around WDW as well as, Orlando is very easy from that location. BB is almost directly accross from CSR. One more accolade, is for the CSR food court. Not withstanding, the 10%
gratuity that I would pay to have the pleasure of using anything other than paper plates and plastic ware.

I have stayed at both CBR and CSR and really like both of them. I think CSR has a better main pool but I like CBR's food court better. Of course, I haven't stayed at CBR since they redid their food court. CSR is newer but they just finished redoing all of CBR's rooms a little over a year ago. I haven't had a problem with bus transportation at either of them. Both resorts are beautiful to walk around especially at night. I think you will be happy with either of them.

Donna

We have stayed at both. I really liked CBR and still feel the rooms there have the edge, BUT CSR is superior in every other aspect! The entrance, the lobby, the architecture and decor pay a little more attention to small detail here.

I liked the fact tht you can "see" the whole resort around the lake and that you have three different themes to choose from. The pool is amazing and the slide is a lot longer than at CBR.

We ate at both restaurants at CSR and both were great! the Pepper market wa great compared to other "food courts". People are sitting and eating, not running around after napkins.

I like both resorts. If you've tried CBR, why not go for someting new?

I have not stayed at CBR, but I can tell you I loved CSR! The resort is gorgeous! I thought that the Pepper Market was great, and I was very impressed with the landscaping. The room was pretty and nicely themed, and I thought that the Dig Site was fantastic! I would happily stay there again, and recommend it to anyone to give it a try.

Erin :D

Another vote for CSR! The grounds are beautiful, bus system terrific, great food court, everything sparkling clean. Stayed at CBR once and much prefer CSR.

We have stayed at both and greatly prefer CSR. We really liked the main pool area (both adult and children's). The food court was wonderful, the gift shop was spectacular, and the theming was perfect in every way!

JenC

Another vote for CSR! We loved it for all of the already mentioned reasons. It is very quiet and peaceful yet kid friendly(my kids loved it). The buses were never crowded during spring break which was nice. I highly reccomend it.
:bounce: :cool: :D

Coronado Springs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with all of the above. The Pepper Market has a good variety of food. Most of the food is cooked while you wait, or had just been prepared. The Maya Grill has a great breakfast buffet if you want or you can order from the menu.
They have 2 arcades, 1 in the main area & 1 by the pool. Which makes for happy kids. They also have a lounge (Francisco's)that serve great Margaritas and Southwest flavor snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter