Cash Ressies..Yikes!

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
We're going President's week and I wanted to add a cash night (Friday) don't have the points to do a Friday night stay. We have a 2br at BCV. First she told me $311, I was ready to do it, little pricy but what the heck. Then she said she made a mistake and that was for a studio....She comes back and says no I"m sorry its $709..way to high for my budget. I asked if that is with our 25% discount. She then said, oops, I'm sorry there's no discount for that Friday night, the rate is rack rate and it would be $945!!! :rotfl2: Of course this isn't counting on the 11.5% tax. Are there people that would really pay that amount??? It's times like this I'm so glad that we belong to DVC. We could move to SSR for the entire time in a 1BR. Which I am thinking about, but I just lovethe BCV and the location.

This is one time that using points is better than paying cash. A Friday night in a 2 bedroom at the BCV in Magic Season is 75 points. Even if you got the 25% member discount, by the time you paid the 11.5% tax, you'd be better off using points. (Assuming you value them at $10 each - the oft quoted average for renting, LOL).

Best wishes -

P.S. I would never pay that much cash for one night - it's more than an entire year's worth of dues for me! Glad to have DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter