Cash Upgrades on Flights?????

grover

DIS Veteran
How do you go about getting a cash upgrade to first class? Do you just ask at the counter when you are checking in? We are flying Delta and will change planes in ATL, would the upgrade include the ATL-MCO segment as well?? How much does one normally pay?

Thanks

grover in winnipeg
:)

I haven't done this in years. I don't know about Delta, but American used to sell upgrade coupons that were good for 500 mile segments. I believe each coupon was $50, but again that was in the mid-90's. (I upgrade using miles now.)

I'd call Delta before you leave and check with them.

As of August, Delta now sells cash upgrades for $40, $60, or $80 depending on the length of the flight. These are only available on some flights and I think only from certain airports. They are only good for one segment, though conceivably you could buy another for the next segment. I don't know of anyway to find out whether they are available on your flight or not other than to go up to the gate counter and ask, but calling Delta to ask makes a lot of sense.

I will warn you that while Delta says they are selling these, I think I have just seen one flight where they actually were. The frequent flyers usually fill up First Class in advance!

but AirTran charges $35 for an upgrade to first class (if available). We asked at checkin but the flight was full.

Originally posted by kdibattista
but AirTran charges $35 for an upgrade to first class (if available). We asked at checkin but the flight was full.

We are flying AirTran for our upcoming trip and, hopefully, will be able to upgrade. Checking the website, the flight down still has Business Class available, but not the flight home.

We flew with National, a couple years ago, to Las Vegas and was able to upgrade, at check-in, to first class for $50...best $100 we ever spent! It was sooo nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter