Cash?

pamkat1820

DIS Veteran
I read on an online blog that as of Aug 30th that Disney is completely cashless. All dining and purchases are now all digital.

since I read the article I have been searching over blogs and post to see if anyone else has come across it and not one other comment or post.

I figured here was the next best place to ask.

Anyone heard about this?? Trying to plan for 9/20 trip.

Thank you!!

I read on an online blog that as of Aug 30th that Disney is completely cashless. All dining and purchases are now all digital.

since I read the article I have been searching over blogs and post to see if anyone else has come across it and not one other comment or post.

I figured here was the next best place to ask.

Anyone heard about this?? Trying to plan for 9/20 trip.

Thank you!!

This is untrue. They do still accept cash for payments. There might be a few instances where they don't, but restaurants, etc. wouldn't be one of them. Actually, I think balloon vendors might still be cash-only - they used to be anyway.

Last edited:

They mentioned Disney changing over on Aug 30th. I figured it would have been all over the dis by now.

Thank you for the confirmation!

It’s how I stay on budget at Disney.

While it isn't true today, it is certainly a possibility in the future.

However, the move to cashless is getting pushback from some city and state governments.

There was a hot moment during 2021 where I saw signs for not accepting cash at DCA. I saw people pay with cash at those same places in 2023, so it appears it was mainly a Covid thing.

I personally use Mobile Order for everything except the churro carts. Last trip one of the DL hot dog cart's system went down and they were only accepting cash. We didn't have exact change (we almost never carry cash) and they just let us have it for what we had.

I know its easy to switch over to digital/ gift cards but for some reason I only use cash in Disney. I put daily money aside for food and spending. Each day I roll over the cash that is left over for the next day. It has worked and luckily I have come home with cash at the end of our trip.

I know a GC could do the same thing.But then I feel forced to leave a 0 balance at the end of the trip. The cash is mine lol

Every amusement park I have been to recently has gone cashless has had a conversion system to put cash on a card like a debit. Since it's on-site you can kind of do it as you need it

Every amusement park I have been to recently has gone cashless has had a conversion system to put cash on a card like a debit. Since it's on-site you can kind of do it as you need it

I like that idea.

I'm very pro-cashless. I haven't switched to magic band payments yet, but I envision this for myself over the next 5 years.

I like that idea.

I'm very pro-cashless. I haven't switched to magic band payments yet, but I envision this for myself over the next 5 years.
i get why lots of these places are going cashless, but as a dad to an 11 and 12 year old, there are times that its annoying.

we have a few local minor league ball parks that are cashless. No more just giving them some cash to run off to the concession stand to get what they want, its either take the risk of giving them my card and losing it, or having to go with them.

its not a lazy thing of going with them, its more of a cuts into some of that little freedom they get,and i think its helpful for them to order and pay for their own things sometimes too.

Also, these places that you can put cash onto a card, that means now that you've spent all of that cash...meaning they've got your money no matter what now.

All these cashless systems do nothing but cost consumers money and make 3rd parties rich. I wish we had a law that required every business to accept cash and coins, the official tender of our country. And also force every receipt to list what fees you pay for using anything other than cash. A printed dollar should be good anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter