Cast Iron Mickey Mouse bank..... is it vintage?

jernysgirl

<font color=darkorchid>I would say head to DL firs
I have tried searching the web but can't find anything on this particular bank. My mom bought it at a flea market, and the guy tried to tell her that it was at least 40 years old.

Can anyone give me info, maybe a possible year or value? Thanks!

i30AE02BB-AD9A-471B-AD18-EB48DD9A5D8C.jpg

iC9A8C21B-A59B-4967-9D9D-67BD0704FA3B.jpg

i9E43D04E-535E-4AC1-B6CC-6F6F63A9E35C.jpg

back of his head says (c) Disney MCF (kind of hard to tell in the pic)

You need to look at the bottom or elsewhere and see if it's marked "Walt Disney Productions" or something else besides Disney.

If you find that, post what it says and I'll try to help you determine when it came out.

The "Pie Eye" Mickey is extremely old. It was in the early 30's that Disney stopped animating Mickey with the Pie-Eyes.

The "Pie Eye" Mickey is extremely old. It was in the early 30's that Disney stopped animating Mickey with the Pie-Eyes.

While this is true, Pie-Eyes Mickey has frequently been used on merchandise since then. I found a ceramic Mickey in the same pose as this made by Enesco in the 1960's listed in The Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles. Disney also used Pie-Eyed Mickey on the first Mickey Mouse telephones that came out in the 1970's.

Relatively speaking, there are very few big league Disney Cast iron collectors. Most of what you see out there is recent, imported and unlicensed product, with no collectible value. Be especially wary of "flea market" finds! The dealers rarely know anything about real Disneyana, but they will tell you anything you want to hear as long as they see that "the hook is set"!

I have very little experience with the cast iron pieces because many years ago I was warned to stay away from the category by one of todays most respected and knowledgeable experts on Disneyana. That was good enough for me!

jernysgirl- Sorry, your piece is probably not even forty weeks old...

Flea Market finds are hard. If it it truly 40 years old it has stood up well in the paint dept. Not sure the copyright is correct for that age as well. It should say Walt Disney Productions I thought on most items before the late 70's and early 80's....

Pretty cool looking though

You need to look at the bottom or elsewhere and see if it's marked "Walt Disney Productions" or something else besides Disney.

If you find that, post what it says and I'll try to help you determine when it came out.

There are no other markings unfortunately. The bottom of the piece is actually unpainted. I kind of figured that it might not be as old as the guy said it to be, it didn't look to be accurate colors (the red on his pants looked not right to me), but he is still pretty cool looking nonetheless!

I found something very similar at a flea market recently. The pair was going for about $60 and it just seemed a little steep at the time and I had no idea how to determine authenticity. Looking back, I liked them a lot and probably should have just bought them because I liked them and been even happier if I found out they weren't reproductions.

391573305_iMVg8-M.jpg

Wow! I have the same bank. bought it about 20 yrs ago for 25.00 it's absoloutly itentical LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter