Cast members on DCL cruises

It seemed to me that you were calling all (vacationing) CMs entitled. But I think they're not. As noted, often "promotional" invited guests are not actually CMs.
I would definitely not describe CMs on a Disney vacation as entitled. No one is going to risk their job by acting like that. A lot of us literally spend all our free time in the parks (how many people hang out at their workplace in their time off?) and love every minute of it. It’s the same for cruises

OP here - back from my last two cruises on the Dream. This was sailing 22 and 23 for us. Almost Pearl. We notice the CMs when they board back to back with us. On recent back to backs there was one time around 30 CMs doing back to back and last July there was a time there was over 200 - they were Disney promotional people doing videos on board.
I find most CMs to be very nice on the cruise, but some are obnoxious (as are some regular guests).
The worst was the promotional video people who did snag all early reservations at Palo and took over bars and areas on the ship, but on our last cruise as well in Skyline a group of CMs would come in every night and take over the air with loud singing and annoying behavior. They were enjoying being there at the expense of the full-price paying guests.
We complained to guest services and did receive a pixie dust of champagne and 100 dollar OBC for their behavior which they agreed was rude. Guest services was amazing on this last cruise and was very apologetic for CMs.
Nothing to stop us from being on future cruises of course - gotta get that Pearl, but we just have noticed more entitled CMs on board recently - may just be our experience though. Now worries either way, DCL is still awesome.

Now that we deduce the group of 200 were not necessarily CMs on vacation, would you have written this thread about the 30 you encountered on the first cruise? Or even used the word “entitled?”

As yes, I can imagine you might learn of their association with Mouse when doing B2B check-in, as everyone can end up sitting around together, waiting to be processed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter