Cayman excursion questions

Poohbush

DVC Member
I have some questions on a few excursions in Cayman:

What's the difference between the Seaworld Explorer and the Nautilus? Looks like they're both semi submersibles. I'd appreciate any input on these two.

The Stingray City and Discover Cayman tour visits Stingray City. The Island Tour and Stingray Snorkel visits Stingray Sandbar. Are these two different snorkel spots, or is DCL calling the same place two different names? :confused:

It looks like the Island Tour and Stingray Snorkel visits a few more places than the Stingray City and Discover Cayman Tour. Again, I'd appreciate any input on these excursions.

One final question: on the stingray snorkel trips, do you wade into the water from land?

Thanks so much for all the help! :D

The stingray tours all end up at the same play - the Stingray City sand bar which is about a 1/2 out from land. In addition to the DCL excursions some people go with Captain Marvins or Captain Bryans. Plenty of room for everyone!

We did the Snorkeling With Stingrays and Discover Cayman tour and booked it based on the time it left (early) so we would have time to shop afterwards. Hell was ok, the turtle farm was really fun (but a little rushed), and the time with the stingrays was the highlight of the trip for us.

Thanks for the info so far!

I have a non swimmer in my family. If you go in by boat, does the boat get close enough to the sandbar, so the water's not very deep? And is gettng back to the boat hard to do, ie, do you have to swim far back to it?

Thanks again!

The water was about chest high on me and I'm 5' 6". Our boat had ladders going off the back to get in and out of the water. You don't have to swim at all as the stingrays come right to you. As soon as our boat was backing up they started swimming over (they knew new food was coming :) ).

Thanks so much for the info on the Stingray snorkel! You all have made us feel more comfortable about this trip.

Anyone have info on the differences on the semi-subs?

Thanks! :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter