CBR vs POFQ

growhappiness

Mouseketeer
We just came back from a stay in May where we were planning on staying at Pop or CBR (preferred rooms at either) but by the time we decided we were for sure going, both were booked and so we picked POFQ instead. I absolutely fell in love with it...we were in building 5 so our room was close to the pool, movie, and beignets! I loved the smells, the trees, the ferry, the quietness, and most importantly how small it was. (Our last stay was at AoA in a LM room and I don't want to do that walk again!) We are planning to go in 2023 either in May again or in Sept, but can't decide if we should book POFQ again or try CBR. My husband wants to try CBR, and we took the skyliner over there on this past trip. I just don't love how big it is. If we stay there, we'd definitely pay for a preferred room.

We are probably going to do 1 day at each MK and AK, and then two days at both Epcot and HS, so the skyliner would come in handy. But if we do go in Sept, I'm afraid with hurricane season, we might end up on buses anyway.

Any other things to consider for those who have stayed at either/both? I'm open to trying something new, but I really loved POFQ!

We stayed at CBR in November around Thanksgiving and loved it. We were in a preferred room in Martinique. Every morning at 7 am we made our Genie selections and then put in a mobile breakfast order which included a few food allergy items and would hit I am here. Either as we were walking over to the food court or just as we arrived got the message it was ready. On our HS and Epcot days we took the internal bus to the Skyliner and on AK and MK days the buses to the parks were fine. We have stayed at both POFQ and POR and really enjoyed them but since your DH is requesting CBR would select that.

I love both. FQ is my absolute favorite hotel - to the point where this past week I changed our June hotel to FQ from our original plan of ASMu. But I have stayed at CBR twice - once in Martinique and once in Aruba. Even though the hotel is huge it wasn't noisy (even when we went last time while the Skyliner and parts of the hotel were under construction), and having the bus stop at each section never felt like it took too long. The walk from the room we had in Aruba to Old Port Royale was a little long and a little hot (to be fair, we did it at peak sun hours to get lunch so that was on us) but it was relaxing and you can always take the internal bus if you don't want to do the walk. I am not a fan of large resorts and only stay at Pop or the All Stars if it's what's available because some of those rooms are faaaaaaaaar but it never felt like that either of the times I stayed at CBR.

I have stayed at both and prefer POFQ over CBR. CBR was just too big and I love that POFQ is small, it's quiet, I love the walk along the river to visit POR, I love the boat to DS and the fact that there is only 1 bus stop.

I would go with POFQ. We loved our stay there and absolutely hated the huge layout of CBR. Now, we did stay at CBR prior to the Skyliner being put in. But, even with that I still wouldn't return to CBR personally.

Thanks for all the replies! I think we'll look at the cost and see if what discounts end up being offered. I'm still leaning towards POFQ because when we go, our youngest will be almost 3, and I think the small layout is such a huge plus with going back for naps with a toddler. I'm still keeping my mind open though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter