Celebrate Soulfully

LKing

DIS Veteran
This weekend was Celebrate Soulfully.

We went to the parks to see artists, Ryan Riller and Larissa Marantz! They were signing at Disneyana today only. What an amazing experience! Both are so talented. They are kind and personable and sincerely appreciate their fans. It was a real pleasure meeting them!

I hope Disney brings them back to the California parks again soon!

1708812859381.png 1708812800876.png

1708813107194.png

1708813050073.png 1708813830842.png

Last weekend, we barely knew that Celebrate Gospel was happening. Today, it seemed to be (a little) better publicized.

1708815392688.png 1708815466745.png

They had interesting displays about the history of Gospel music.

1708815558523.png
1708815861818.png

Performances - Hopefully Disneyland will expand this to an all day event. 2:30 pm is a late start time.

1708816106811.png

A craft area just to the side of Fantasyland Theater. This photo was at 11 am and it wasn't open yet.

1708816583501.png

And Troubadour Tavern offered special, Celebrate Soulfully themed food.

1708815305038.png 1708816711232.png

Interestingly, on the Celebrate Soulfully Disneyland website, they don't mention the artist signings at all. They mention the art of Floyd Norman in DCA, but when we went to DCA, we couldn't find it. We asked the customer service CM at the DCA entrance kiosk. She said Celebrate Soulfully was mostly in DL and that the art might be in the store front windows. :confused3 Nope, we couldn't find it.

A few other events for Celebrate Soulfully,
The lounge at the DLH (where Steakhouse 55 used to be) had some live jazz. This was on Friday and Saturday evenings over the President's Day weekend. Unfortunately we were not able to make it over.
I also saw some craft activities for the kiddos in Downtown Disney by the construction as well.

I anticipated poorly, because I was excited for the opportunity to see the Gospel Choir performances and Artists Marvin Sapp and especially Tasha Cobbs, thinking it would be a Sunday. You know, Sunday Gospel and all...and they had the performances on a Saturday, which is a block out day for our family. I saw a few reviews of the food offerings and the bowl looks delish. The macaroni looks better than Tiana's (which I haven't tried yet, because every time I see it, it looks dry). I might have to steal that cornbread and sweet potato combo, that sounds so good!

I might have to steal that cornbread and sweet potato combo, that sounds so good!
That's a bummer that you couldn't make it. I hope they expand the days of the events in the future.

The bowl wasn't nearly as good as the other offerings across the park. I like Tiana's and Cafe Orleans and enjoyed the Celebrate Soulfully specialties at River Belle. The chicken in this bowl wasn't fried chicken. It was more like two breaded chicken tenderloins with a slightly sweet flavor. I didn't care for the collard greens. I'm not sure if it was the texture or the smoked flavor, but they were not my favorite. The mac n cheese was good. It was very creamy. The sweet potato cornbread was amazing! It was cornbread on the outside with a sweet potato core. We cut it in half because we were sharing. Here is a zoomed in photo of the inside. I would definitely buy it again if they sold it separately.

1708899413516.png

Interestingly, on the Celebrate Soulfully Disneyland website, they don't mention the artist signings at all. They mention the art of Floyd Norman in DCA, but when we went to DCA, we couldn't find it. We asked the customer service CM at the DCA entrance kiosk. She said Celebrate Soulfully was mostly in DL and that the art might be in the store front windows. :confused3 Nope, we couldn't find it.
The Floyd Norman tribute window (the curved window) is after Award Wieners and the entrance to Philharmagic, on the left side of the entrance to the Backlot area. It is nicely done.

From MiceChat:
1708939686574.png

1708939728605.png

Last edited:
The Floyd Norman tribute window (the curved window) is after Award Wieners and the entrance to Philharmagic, on the left side of the entrance to the Backlot area. It is nicely done.

From MiceChat:
View attachment 836884

View attachment 836885
Thank you for sharing! I'm disappointed that the customer service CM did not know about this. I wonder if they reached out to have him at the parks. He's such a talented animator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter