Celebrating a birthday

ifotobonz

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting DL on my son's 6th birthday. Is there anything special we can do for him to celebrate? I really don't want to do a character b'fast on this trip. I thought about making special shirts that our family could wear to make people notice him for his day. Any ideas?

First and foremost - when you first get to DL, stop at the Town Hall and get him a birthday button. They will sometimes give out a free fastpass as well! All day - CM's will notice his button and wish him a Happy Birthday. You MAY also be allowed back on rides for a 2nd run without waiting in line. You can't count on anything special, but you never know!
A shirt with his name would be great - that way the CM's will call him by name! You won't need a character meal - the characters will notice the buttons as well.
Anywhere you eat (and if you're checking in to a DL hotel) tell the CM's it's your B'day!
Instead of a meal, though, you may want to call DL and ask if they'll do a B'Day cake for him at any restaurant. They'll make a little cake and deliver it to where you want to celebrate - although I'm not sure of the costs involved. Bet it isn't cheap!
We were at WDW on my son's b'day - the button thing is the same there - it was great! Just so you know - I was told personally by the Fairy GodMother in Cinderella's Castle that at Disney - the birthday lasts the entire trip and the kids should wear the button every day at the park! I thought that was cheating - but hey - it was the Fairy Godmother!
Have fun!

We've done my youngest son's birthday at DL twice.

The first time was when he turned 4 in '02 and it was sad. He got his bday sticker but noooooo Birthday wishes from cm's allllll day And when we went to have dinner and get him a birthday bucket, which he picked out and was sooooooo excited for, not one single restaurant in the park could "find one" :guilty:

The night ended on a good note though, at autopia a cm there wished him a HB and I thanked him immensely and told him that he was the first all day and thanks blah blah blah and when we got off Autopia the cm was waiting for us with an Autopia car for Shawn and he told him "happy birthday Shawn from DL" it was SUCH an awesome moment!! :love:

This past year was his 6th!( :earsboy: )birthday too. And it was GREAT the whole time. We let him open some presents in the room(so we didn't have to cart them around)and he wore his PRince Phillip costume to the park.

First thing we got his birthday sticker(with an extra for his baby book)and he got his birthday message at City Hall on the phone from Goofy.

Then we went to Blue Bayou, his choice "pirates of the caribbean restaurant" is what he calls it. When I made the PS I ordered a Buzz Lightyear birthday bucket($20)it comes with a little cake, Happy Birthday pin, Buzz key chain or beanie can't remember and stickers. The server brought that out at the end and we gave him his "big present" of Disney Dollars(it was soooo fun)

Then he and I went around the park and we rode the monorail, we asked to sit in back(someonewas already in the front)and the driver and everyone wished him a happybirthday. Then as we were pulling into the DTD station the driver said, over the loud speaker "ladies and gentleman we have a very special rider on the monorail today, his name is Shawn and he's celebrating his 6th birthday today at the park, please join me in singing happy birthday to him" and proceeded to sing Happy Birthday. Shawn was IN AWE. And just grinning away.

The entire day was full of birthday wishes and comments on his costume. As we walked out that night, we saw a ton of kids with Mickey, he didn't want to wait to say Hi so he just waved as we walked past. Mickey saw his bday sticker and came over to Shawn and hugged him and "played" a bit and I got a gREAT picture. I was soooooo wonderful. :love:

Then two days later we celebrating with a triple "party" at Goofy's my friend's both have daughter's with bday's right around my son's so we met at Goofy's, we made up our own treat bags, and let the kids exchange gifts to each other. Our servers was GREAT and brought out cupcakes for all three kids and got our whole area, including a couple of characters to sing Happy Birthday.

It was just a great great experience!!

For my daughter's 8th we did the Plaza Inn birthday party. It's $10 a guest and each person gets to decorate their own little cake. There is a guy named Pat E. Cake who runs the show and is very funny. Then Mickey and Minnie make a quick appearance at the end. My daughter enjoyed it tremendously. Then we had dinner at Goofy's Kitchen that night. She got a lot of special attention and we did order the birthday bucket. She is now going to be mighty bummed next birthday to be home as usual!

Amy & Dan...for the plaza birthday, what does your $10 per person include? besides the cake? anything? do they serve food for the guests, with an additional fee?

thank you for info! :flower:

forgot, one more thing...so you just stop by city hall, and tell them it's your b-day (or your DS's, or whoevers), and they give you a button/sticker? fee for this? or free? :flower:

We stopped by the City Hall last week since it was my birthday and they have a birthday phone that you listen to a birthday message...mine was Goofy, my favorite. I don't know if they have different characters wishing happy birthdays or not. They gave me a birthday sticker to wear and my dw and dd received special stickers to wear too. CMs and random people wished me Happy Birthday throughout the day. My magical birthday memory was later in the day entering the TOT's Fast Pass line. The cm stopped me and in a loud voice announced my birthday and led total strangers singing happy birthday. A couple of minutes later, right before entering the hotel, he did the same for a little boy named Jed.

It is free.

the $10 for the plaza inn birthday "party" you get the cake, punch in a take home cup, and a paper birthday hat w/ mickey ears. It is a lot of fun. No food though. The party is only about 30 mins. You get your cake, you decorate it, Pat E. Cake goes around "judging" each one. You get your punch. Then the kids get to meet Mickey and Minnie, pictures are taken (of course you can purchase the photo later) the End.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter