Celebrating Everything! June 2010 Trip to AKL- CL!!

Yes, I'm still alive!! Hopefully someone is still reading LOL! I finally added our last ADR. DH suggested Biergarten so I made one for the 5th I'm not set in stone about it though. His other suggestion was Raglan Rd. I need to go over the ADRs with him and see what he thinks. I cant believe its onloy 44 days away!! I need help to organize!!! Things got crazy again. My oldest broke his pinky bone at a baseball scrimmage and had to be casted. He is out till June but my youngest started games last week. So we've had that and drs appts LOL! I need to start a list..and I need your help with additions and suggestions!!!

1. Tip envelopes
2. Order glo stuff or whatever for 4th of July
3. do people decorate doors/rooms for the 4th???
4. What else should be on this list?? LOL!

Adding...Order a camera...

Anyone hear anything about the new Kodak touch screen one???

I am still here. I am down to the 46 day mark! I have to go online and make the last payment today. I had trouble last week as well and my payment never went through!

I know just what you mean. It has been so busy around my house running to baseball games and everything else my DS does. I want to made t-shirts for the trip but I don't know when I will have the time.

Erika

Erika - I started online looking tonight for room gifts when we arrive but I think I may order from disneystore.com since our local stores have closed and have it come here to surprise boys right before we leave and they can put it in their backpack. Might be cheaper too...

I also need to start tip envelopes...so I am searching for that stuff too..UGH..so behind!!!! Too bad you cant hire a disney vacation planner:) lol!

Hi Kara, Just saw your post on another thread and had to check out your PTR. I am enjoying it. You are going to love, love, love AKL. :goodvibes It is an amazing place. We feel like we have left the U.S. and are in Africa. It is so magical, the CM's at IP are so wonderful.

Check my siggie, we will be there this fall. Staying concierge for 4 nights, then standard room for a while longer, both Sanvannah view.

If you need some leads for tip envelopes let me know, I have saved several and would be happy to help.

I am very excited for you and your family, looking forward to more information from you and your trip.

Angel 16

I am jumping on board as well! Have you thought about doing Boma for breakfast the last day you are there? I really enjoyed their breakfast and since you are staying there you wouldn't have to leave the resort. ANother option for breakfast would be Kona Cafe.

Your plans look good other wise. I love AKL and have stayed there twice. There is so much to do at the resort. You can even do a Culinary Tour at AKL before you have dinner at Jiko. With the culinary tour they bring you to Jiko and Boma and explain the food and design of the restaurant. Looking forward to seeing more of your plans.

I have enough ADRs now but even if I dont change anything around, that sounds like a great idea to do OOP! Do they have a buffet?

Hi Kara, Just saw your post on another thread and had to check out your PTR. I am enjoying it. You are going to love, love, love AKL. :goodvibes It is an amazing place. We feel like we have left the U.S. and are in Africa. It is so magical, the CM's at IP are so wonderful.

Check my siggie, we will be there this fall. Staying concierge for 4 nights, then standard room for a while longer, both Sanvannah view.

If you need some leads for tip envelopes let me know, I have saved several and would be happy to help.

I am very excited for you and your family, looking forward to more information from you and your trip.

Angel 16

Thanks Angel!!! I am more excited every time I hear good things!
I would LOVE some leads for the envelopes! I need to get started yesterday LOL!

Waterparks..... if you get there when they open you can easily be out of there by 1:30/2:00 PM. If you are pushed for time just take a cab back to the hotel 10 mins and you are in the shower getting ready for your ADR.:cool1:

Thanks!! still not sure if we'll do the waterpark option..or just hang out at the resort pool.

How many pools does AKL have?? Do we have access to all of them??

I have suitcases out on my sons bed and have started throwing stuff in!
I just ordered them a couple shirts and my youngest an autrograph book.

I also ordered some misting/glow fans and necklaces for the 4th of July!

I'm starting to freak about packing though. I ordered the packing cubes someone suggested,.
Will all of the above be ok to put in checked luggage?: the glo stuff?? pins???

Freaking out! One week from tomorrow!!!! My packing cubes came..My glo necklaces/sticks/fans came..disneystore order came! I have stuff thrown out but not actually in suitcases or packing cubes. I am getting anxious!!! Starting to wonder if it would have been easier to go to the beach! I dont want to feel this way! LOL! Anyone want to pack for me????

I need to make a target trip.
Going to start kids backpacks tomorrow as its supposed to rain.
Got my backpack out today.
Wondering if I need to do garden grocer or not since we are club level.
I preregistered the photo pass card that came with my ME stuff.

We are back...it wasn't the dryest of trips...but we still had fun...And we ate at new places, saw some new things..Now I'm kinda in a post Disney depression lol. Thinking about going with friends next year..and maybe a long weekend trip with my neice and friends daughter but not sure yet...

Gotta figure out how to download off my new camera and I'll post pics!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see your pictures. Will you post everything here on this thread? How was CL and your room view? What trail did you get? How was the lounge and what food was offered at night? DId you do any activities around the resort? Welcome back, although I'm sure you'd rather still be there! :hug:

yes I wish I still was there!!! instead of at baseball tournaments we keep losing! LOL!

I will post everything here...I have to learn how to download off my new camera...

a little tid bit..
we checked in at club level..they are very nice...room was ready...gorgeous room and view..but small..
soooooo...
we called to see if there was anything available in a sweet at Jambo or Kidani..

THere was the next day and not much to upgrade so we did it!!
Our CL ended up at Kidani village for 6 of the 7 nights!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter