Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

:(

Such awful, terrible news.
Just puts everything into perspective doesn't it? I am going to grab opportunities and make memories with my family while I have the chance. Who knows what tomorrow may bring.

Just puts everything into perspective doesn't it? I am going to grab opportunities and make memories with my family while I have the chance. Who knows what tomorrow may bring.
:hug:

Congratulations, but you are right. We have such limited time here and we have to make the very most of it. I don't want to live a life of regrets and wasted opportunities. Carpe Diem!!!!!!

I'm sad to hear of such heartbreak for your family, but am happy it has opened your eyes to the need to do things that make you happy and make memories.

Congratulations, but you are right. We have such limited time here and we have to make the very most of it. I don't want to live a life of regrets and wasted opportunities. Carpe Diem!!!!!!

I'm sad to hear of such heartbreak for your family, but am happy it has opened your eyes to the need to do things that make you happy and make memories.
Jack was thrilled when I texted him our airline confirmation. It will be such a special trip for the two of us and I can't wait.

PS. Canada is now at 71% of the population with one dose in and we are opening up 2nd doses to anyone who had their first dose before April 18th as of today. We are turning a corner!

PS. ...we are opening up 2nd doses to anyone who had their first dose before April 18th as of today. We are turning a corner!
Depending on which Province you're in, of course. It differs Province to Province. Here, 2nd dose is April 25th or earlier.

Dining reservations booked!

My 60 day window was today and I was very happy to book ADRs for the Boardwalk Villas portion of our stay. I really wish Disney would look at split stays as one reservation but they don't so I have to go through this whole process again on Saturday.

So far this is where we are at....

Saturday, August 7th ~ arrival day! Staying one night at Coronado Springs for the express purpose of eating at Three Bridges Bar and Grill. :)

Sunday, August 8th ~ Moving to Boardwalk villas. Magic Kingdom park reservation with lunch at Skippers Canteen.

Monday, August 9th ~ Hollywood Studios reservation with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby!

Tuesday, August 10th ~ Epcot park reservation with a late lunch at Via Napoli. We will head to Beaches and Cream Tuesday evening for an ice cream dinner.

Wednesday, August 11th ~ Moving to our home resort at Boulder Ridge Villas! Animal Kingdom park reservation with lunch at Yak and Yeti.

In other happy news, we are booked for our second doses! I go Tuesday, June 29th and Bill's is Saturday, July 3rd! Now to see if we can get the boys' 2nd doses moved up. They are currently scheduled for September 11th as they had their first dose May 22nd. I am confident that will change though.

You know you can just go over there without staying?
Yes........I thought we'd fly in a day early so we can hit the parks hard Sunday morning. It's Disney math......oh look I can fly a day ahead, spend money on a hotel room and dinner all so I can be at the Magic Kingdom for rope drop. Makes perfect sense, right?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes........I thought we'd fly in a day early so we can hit the parks hard Sunday morning. It's Disney math......oh look I can fly a day ahead, spend money on a hotel room and dinner all so I can be at the Magic Kingdom for rope drop. Makes perfect sense, right?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Of course! :laughing:

Never make dining reservations without checking menus with the 21 yr old!

If I had followed this advice, I would not be doing the complicated dance of booking, cancelling and re-booking. However, getting the 21 yr old to actually make time to look at menus is easier said then done. What's a mother to do???

So now I have cancelled Via Napoli and replaced it with Teppan Edo. I haven't eaten there since our first trip in 2009! Jack has decided he doesn't like the menu at Yak and Yeti (how??) so we will do either Flame Tree or Satuli for lunch and hit up Geyser Point for dinner on Wednesday night.

Thursday is another HS day and we will probably take the Skyliner over to Riveria to eat Primo Piatto (thanks to @CruellaNY for the tip!). Thursday evening we have the Boathouse booked at Disney Springs.

Friday is going to be relaxed day as Jack tells me we have too many plans. Clearly he does not understand his mother's love of planning! We are at MK that day so I can see us taking the launch over to the Poly to grab something from Captain Cooks or Tambu Lounge.

Saturday we are back at AK and will hopefully hit up Nomads! I love it there so much. Currently I have California Grill booked for a special 21st birthday dinner but we will see if that stays as I am being told it is too fancy. Maybe Morimoto Asia instead??

Our last day is the 15th and we will head to Disney Springs for brunch at Homecoming!
Then a little time back at Wilderness Lodge to chill before heading home. 56 days and counting!

Never make dining reservations without checking menus with the 21 yr old!

If I had followed this advice, I would not be doing the complicated dance of booking, cancelling and re-booking.
Oh dear. :laughing:
What's a mother to do???
Solo trip.

;)
So now I have cancelled Via Napoli and replaced it with Teppan Edo.
Actually... I agree with that one.
Jack has decided he doesn't like the menu at Yak and Yeti (how??)
:confused3
Friday is going to be relaxed day as Jack tells me we have too many plans. Clearly he does not understand his mother's love of planning!
:laughing: A Disney nut he is not!
we will see if that stays as I am being told it is too fancy.
Might I suggest a hot dog cart somewhere? :rolleyes1

Solo trip.
Looking better all the time, lol!
Actually... I agree with that one.
Really?? I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo since 2009 so my memory of it is pretty fuzzy. Any recommendations?
:laughing: A Disney nut he is not!
No, he likes it but is certainly is not at his mother's level.......
Might I suggest a hot dog cart somewhere? :rolleyes1
Seriously, it may just come to that. He has said that he will look at menus with me and help narrow it down. Morimoto Asia at DS is a possibility. Have you ever eaten there?

Looking better all the time, lol!
::yes::
Really?? I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo since 2009 so my memory of it is pretty fuzzy. Any recommendations?
I don't see it on the menu, but would ask for the steak and shrimp, but substitute lobster for the shrimp.
Both my girls really enjoyed it.
No, he likes it but is certainly is not at his mother's level.......
No one is at our level! :laughing:
Seriously, it may just come to that. He has said that he will look at menus with me and help narrow it down. Morimoto Asia at DS is a possibility. Have you ever eaten there?
I have and it was quite good! I need to try the ribs, though. I hear they're quite good.

I really wish Disney would look at split stays as one reservation but they don't so I have to go through this whole process again on Saturday.

I agree, a flaw in the system. :(

arrival day! Staying one night at Coronado Springs for the express purpose of eating at Three Bridges Bar and Grill.

I hope you can get it. When I tried, twice on my last trip, I was unable. At all. It was packed and the virtual queue was hours long.
Monday, August 9th ~ Hollywood Studios reservation with lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby!

A tried and true favorite of mine.

In other happy news, we are booked for our second doses! I go Tuesday, June 29th and Bill's is Saturday, July 3rd! Now to see if we can get the boys' 2nd doses moved up. They are currently scheduled for September 11th as they had their first dose May 22nd. I am confident that will change though.

What makes you confident it'll change? Just things speeding up now?? If so, such happy news!!

Friday is going to be relaxed day as Jack tells me we have too many plans.

Mine always says the same thing. :sad2:
Maybe Morimoto Asia instead??
I would vote for Morimoto for a 21 year old. My daughter really liked it, and I will say the food IS quite good. I am actually doing a review on it in my next chapter. I've been about 3? 4? times now, and every time I've enjoyed it.

I hope you can get it. When I tried, twice on my last trip, I was unable. At all. It was packed and the virtual queue was hours long.
I hope we do too. We should be at the resort by 1:00 as we are planning on a pool afternoon. We will join the waiting list as soon as we arrive. We are also planning on drinks at the Dalia Lounge. :)
A tried and true favorite of mine.
Mine too! I am obsessed with the Cobb salad. Jack will probably go for the burger or the salmon. I really want to sample the margarita flight too. :goodvibes
What makes you confident it'll change? Just things speeding up now?? If so, such happy news!!
We are having a major ramp up. Initially, Canada's focus was getting a first shot for everyone. So second doses were booked 16 weeks apart. Now that so many people have received their first dose (74.6% of the eligible population 12 and up) we are focusing on 2nd doses at an accelerated pace. Right now 16.8 % of the eligible population 12 and up is fully vaccinated. Health Canada is now allowing a 3 week interval for Pfizer, a 4 week interval for Moderna and an 8 week interval for AstraZeneca. 2nd doses are available now for anyone who received their first dose before May 9th. The boys had their first May 22nd so I am hoping they will be in the next cohort for booking 2nd doses.

I follow a group called Vaccine Hunters Canada and was able to find an earlier appointment for my 2nd dose. So I went from July 26th to June 29th to tomorrow!!! I am very excited!

Mine always says the same thing. :sad2:
They don't understand that plans make everything run smoothly. Hey, I have plans for my plans!
I would vote for Morimoto for a 21 year old. My daughter really liked it, and I will say the food IS quite good. I am actually doing a review on it in my next chapter. I've been about 3? 4? times now, and every time I've enjoyed it.
I like the look of Morimoto too. I showed Jack the menu and he is thinking about it. The joys of travelling with our young adult children! ;)

Happy vaccination day part 2!

I was fortunate enough to be able to move up my 2nd shot from June 29th to last Friday, June 18th and am now happily fully vaccinated! It is the best feeling ever and I know it will feel even better when I am 14 days out.

IMG_8661.jpeg

Bill had his 2nd shot on Monday, Jamie goes on Sunday and I am booking Jack and Stuart on Friday morning. It's a whole new world! :goodvibes

In other happy news, Bill got me the best birthday presents today! He got the Tiki warmer from Magic Candle Company, the Haunted candle (which is amazing) and an awesome gift card for my upcoming trip! He officially gets the best husband award!
IMG_8705.jpeg

Oh, the ADR drama continues! Jack has decided that eating at California Grill is a pretty good idea after all. Of course I had already cancelled the reservation when he told me that. So now I am trying to see if I can find a ressie for August 14th. All pixie dust welcome!

45 days to go!

I was fortunate enough to be able to move up my 2nd shot from June 29th to last Friday, June 18th and am now happily fully vaccinated!
Yay! Congrats!
It is the best feeling ever and I know it will feel even better when I am 14 days out.
You will! I know I did. :)
In other happy news, Bill got me the best birthday presents today!
Happy birthday!
Oh, the ADR drama continues! Jack has decided that eating at California Grill is a pretty good idea after all. Of course I had already cancelled the reservation when he told me that. So now I am trying to see if I can find a ressie for August 14th. All pixie dust welcome!
Oh, man. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter