Celebrating the big 60 with a ROAD TRIP!

disney castle days

Mouseketeer
Welcome one and all to another PTR!!

Before I tell you what's going on, let me introduce myself,
Hi, I'm Allison and I will be your guide for this adventure.

I'm 19 years old and I am in college studying Exercise Science and will be going to grad school to become a Sports Statistician. This will be my 13th trip to WDW. My favorite rides are Soarin' and Big Thunder Mountain. My favorite characters are Bruni and Stitch. My favorite resort is Bay Lake Tower, although Boulder Ridge is a very close second.

After returning from Disney in late December (Trip Report), we went back to normal life, or not so normal life. I got covid and missed the first week of my semester, my dad retired, and my mom switched jobs. All of this happen within about 2 weeks, and you could say we were all pretty stressed.

Queue the current Nor Eastern we are getting up in NJ/CT. I'm stuck in my CT dorm with about 9 inches of snow, and my parents are in NJ with about 6 inches. As any normal family would do, my mom started looking at DVC points to go back yesterday. Well, I guess she found a good deal, because we are going back in July!

We will be staying at VGF, I have no clue the room-type, I have only been hearing bits and pieces through text messages.

Not only that, but we will be celebrating my mom's 60th!! Now let me introduce her:

I'm not allowed to post her age on the internet, but I feel like this is a special exception (right? don't be mad). She is a kindergarten teacher, and working with 5-year-olds definitely has an effect on her. She loves all things Disney and has had quite a few Disney-themed classrooms before. Her favorite character is Stitch. Her favorite park is MK. She claims to not have a favorite resort, but I would say it is Wilderness Lodge, mostly because she always wants to stay there. Her favorite ride is Peoplemover and she also really loves IASW.

My brother and father may join this trip, but we aren't sure so I will introduce them later if they do.

Now that, that is all covered you may be asking, well what about the road trip part?

So, I am planning on going to grad school in Washington DC, which means we were already planning on going to visit the college at some point between her getting out of work in the end of June and me moving back to college in early August. While looking at the airfare prices, my mom had the idea of combining the two trips, and making it into one. I have never been to either of the Carolinas, plus I need to get used to driving to DC, so I was totally up for this adventure.

That is really all the details I have for now, I'll update when I know more!

166 days to go!

Hello all, thank you for joining!!

Today's update is a little chaotic so here we go

So unfortunately yesterday I managed to hit myself in the head with a PVC pipe during class and now have a concussion, but my mom used it as an excuse to buy our tickets so I guess that worked?

So we got 5-day tickets, no park hoppers. I don't know how I feel about not park hopping, but it saved money sooo

Here's the current plan:
Day 1: MK
Day 2: Epcot
Day 3: AK
Day 4: Resort Hopping
Day 5: HS
Day 6: MK

She also sent a list of restaurants that she want to do:
- O'hana
- Narcossess (I know I spelled that wrong)
- Maya Grill
- CityWorks
- Boma
- Grand Flo Cafe
- Garden Grill
- Ale & Compass
Narcossess and Ale & Compass are both new to us, so if you any thoughts on these too, definitely leave them below! I will also be adding Topolinos to this list.

Now for the road trip part:

So for the ride down, we are only stopping in North Carolina and hopefully at South of the Border.

We are making the ride back into its own 3-day trip. On the first day we plan to stop in Savannah, Georgia, and then my mom said Williamsburg. For day 2, we are going to stop in D.C. and then day 3 will be Baltimore and head home. I've already been to Baltimore, so I might see if we can stop somewhere more south earlier and then skip Baltimore but we will see.

If anyone has any suggestions for where to stop along I-95 feel free tp suggest them.

154 days to go!

We are making the ride back into its own 3-day trip. On the first day we plan to stop in Savannah, Georgia, and then my mom said Williamsburg. For day 2, we are going to stop in D.C. and then day 3 will be Baltimore and head home. I've already been to Baltimore, so I might see if we can stop somewhere more south earlier and then skip Baltimore but we will see.
Baltimore and DC aren't too far apart... But I have always wanted to go to Savannah, Georgia. I hear it is beautiful.

Narcossess and Ale & Compass are both new to us, so if you any thoughts on these too, definitely leave them below! I will also be adding Topolinos to this list.
I have never been to any of these, so I can't give any opinions. But I am intrested to hear what folks say!

HEY ALL!!

It's been a few months, school was very chaotic this year, but SO MUCH HAS CHANGED and we are PAST 60 DAYS!!!

We booked our ADRs a week or so ago (although we are praying to get Hoop Dee Doo tomorrow):

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Skipper's Canteen

We have had Skipper's booked for our last 3 trips, and someone always winds up getting sick... so we will see how this goes
We are keeping dinner open for Hoop Dee Doo

Day 2: Epcot
Breakfast: GF Cafe
Dinner: Cape May Cafe

This will also be the second day of the Food and Wine Festival. We will see how the lines are, but hoping to try a few booths!

Day 3: No Park
Breakfast: Boma
FerryTale Fireworks

Also leaving dinner open for the early Hoop Dee Doo showing, but timing-wise I don't think it will work. We are also planning on looking at houses in the area and visiting the outlets.

Day 4: Disney Springs
Brunch: CityWorks

Left this dinner open for Hoop Dee Doo (can you tell we really like Hoop Dee Doo?)

Day 5: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Topolinos
Dinner: Maya Grill

We love both of these, so pretty hyped about this day.

Day 6: Magic Kingdom/ go home
Breakfast:
Chef Mickey's

We also have decided to not do a road trip, sad I know. With the gas price right now, we were already not too sure. But I accepted a job in CT (we live in NJ for those who don't know), so it is harder to request almost 2 weeks off than it is for 4 days (because of weekends). We are flying with United, which we have not done since I was a little kid, but we are using my father's air miles.

I don't know if I mentioned it, but my father is also going to be joining us from Day 2 to Day 4. He is retired so I'm not completely sure why he isn't going the whole time, but I don't think he can stay away from my dog for that long.

So Quick Dad intro:

He hates having his photo taken so just think of an older guy with black hair, a stubbly beard, and brown eyes.

He has been to Disney 15 times. His favorite hotel is OKW. His favorite park is probably Epcot. According to him, his favorite characters are Mickey and Minnie, and he does not have a favorite ride. He mostly enjoys eating at restaurants and sitting by the pool.

That is it for today, hopefully, I will update soon with Hoop Dee Doo dates, and maybe some outfits.

Have a great day!!

50 days!

unch at Skipper's Canteen
We have had Skipper's booked for our last 3 trips, and someone always winds up getting sick... so we will see how this goes
We are keeping dinner open for Hoop Dee Doo
Oh No!!! You are brave to go back. I will say we have been many times and never gotten sick.

That is it for today, hopefully, I will update soon with Hoop Dee Doo dates, and maybe some outfits.
Fingers Crossed for you guys!!!!

Hi all!!

WE ARE OFFICIALLY 2 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!!

This month has been an absolute whirlwind with me moving to CT, the end of the school year for my mom, and a bunch of other things.

We did get Hoop Dee Doo for the first night we are there and I am SO EXCITED for it. We are in section 2, which I don't know how to feel about. We have only ever done 1 and 3 before, so this will be a different view. I got to make sure I have my contacts in lol.

I started packing last night, which is always fun! I have over 40 pairs of ears, so deciding which ones to bring is always such a tough decision. Right now between me and my mom, I think we are bringing 8 or 9 pairs.

We are using Mears for this trip, so I am interested to see how it goes given the horror stories I have heard recently. I am also very scared about our flight getting canceled. Our flight out is at 7 am and is the first flight of the day, so I think we will be fine. But, the flight home is at 9 pm so that is going to be interesting, we might wind up having an extra day at MCO :scared:.

I'll probably do one more update next week, and then it will be time for the trip report before you know it!

We are 4 DAYS AWAY!!

I just finished up my trip report for our last trip, and now I am full speed ahead for this one.

I finished packing last night, except for sandals that hopefully will be here tomorrow. We are going shopping in a little bit for snacks for the plan, and some last-minute things my mom hasn't bought yet.

We are getting super nervous about our flight home. It has been canceled 4 times in the past two weeks. I really hope that we are not canceled, but we are started to make plans in case we are.

We also now are planning on meeting up with some of my mom's family that is staying at OKW while we are there. So that should be fun, we have not seen them in probably 5-6 years at this point.

We also are getting a little nervous with the rising covid cases, so we bought some masks and testing kits for the trip to be safe. I have enough time between the end of the trip and when school starts to quarantine for 10 days, but I got it after our last trip and don't want to get it again.

Maybe 1 more update to go, I'll see. But IM SO EXCITED!

We are getting super nervous about our flight home. It has been canceled 4 times in the past two weeks. I really hope that we are not canceled, but we are started to make plans in case we are.
Fingers crossed for you! It's like the wild west for flying these days.

We are 4 DAYS AWAY!!
Well, I am late, but I hope you are having a great trip!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter