Celebration of Harry Potter Films, Nov 11-13, at Islands of Adventure

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
VACATION PACKAGES ON SALE SUNDAY, JULY 31st FOR
“A CELEBRATION OF THE HARRY POTTER FILMS” AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT​

Celebration_of_Harry_Potter_Films.jpg

Special Event Hosted by Warner Bros. to Feature Three Days of
Cast Member and Filmmaker Appearances, Autograph Signings, Q&A Sessions and Film Screenings​

From Universal Orlando Resort's Press Release:
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 25, 2011) – Universal Orlando Resort announced today that special vacation packages will go on sale Sunday, July 31st that will give guests the opportunity to attend “A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films.” This special event will be hosted by Warner Bros. and will celebrate a decade of movie history by allowing fans to share their love for the Harry Potter films. The event will take place from Friday, November 11, to Sunday, November 13, at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

During this special event, guests can celebrate their favorite memories and stories of Harry Potter with filmmakers, cast members and fellow fans. While all theme park guests will be able to enjoy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter during their visit, only a limited number of guests and those who buy special event packages will have access to exclusive benefits such as:

• A spectacular evening gala in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  • Autograph signings with stars from the Harry Potter films
  • Q&A sessions with Harry Potter filmmakers and cast members, along with the creators of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
  • Screenings of all eight Harry Potter films – including “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” – at the AMC Universal Cineplex 20 in Universal CityWalk. Access to the screenings can be added to the vacation packages for an additional fee.

Throughout the three-day celebration, guests will also be able to explore The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, where the wonder, excitement and adventure of the Harry Potter films come to life. They will enjoy experiences such as soaring above Hogwarts on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, sipping Butterbeer in Hogsmeade and being inside Ollivanders and seeing a wand choose its wizard.

The primary way to participate in celebration events is by purchasing one of Universal Orlando’s special vacation packages. Packages are extremely limited and go on sale at noon EDT on Sunday, July 31. Guests can choose from two vacation package options: the Celebration Vacation Package and the Premier Vacation Package. There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

Vacation Packages for A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films

Celebration Vacation Package – Starts at $369 per person
  • 4-night accommodations at a Universal Partner Hotel
  • 3-day ticket to both of Universal Orlando’s theme parks
  • More time to enjoy The Wizarding World of Harry Potter with Early Park Admission starting at 6 a.m.
  • Reservation to one in-park Harry Potter talent Q&A session (one per person)
  • Commemorative pin (one per person)
  • Harry Potter Blu-Ray set (one per package)
Premier Vacation Package – Starts at $699 per person
All of the above, PLUS:
  • Reservation to one in-park Harry Potter cast member autograph session
  • Admission to the exclusive nighttime gala event on Sunday, November 13
  • Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks
Edited To Add 7/31/11: As of 1:50pm, the Universal Orlando website is listing the Premiere Packages as sold out.

For more information about the event and vacation packages, visit www.universalorlando.com/celebration.

this sound very cool...my daughter and I were actually talking not to long ago about an event at WWOHP sort of like SWW. Now I'll wait and see if they offer a package for people that already have AP and live 15 min. away from UO (me).

They all say Universal partner hotel, what about onsite? Also what about AP holders?:confused3

I would love to go to this, but wonder if its worth it without the autograph session (im a college student...I use $700 for books and thats about it) IDK what to do...I'd love to go. I'm thinking im gonna stick to maybe just the DIS private event...if there any spaces left of course

This is exactly when im going on my Harry Potter wish trip :goodvibes :cool1:

However i have already got my universal park tickets and i am staying offsite so will I bea able to take part in the event, get autographs ect....

Can not wait to book on July 31st. I wasn't planning another trip this year until I saw this. Guess I'll go with the Premiere Package as it's not too much more and worth it the autograph signing.

hmmm . . . I wasn't planning on a 2nd trip to Orlando this year. But this is very tempting. I'll have to see what the budget allows.

DH & I are already booked for 11/10-11/17 (onsite with APH) so I have my fingers crossed that they'll have some type of add-on that we can do! I really wish there was more information about the additional "ways to participate" now.

I wonder if they would announce which stars are attending? I'd love to go but I can't swing another trip this year.

From Universal's Frequently Asked Questions:

Celebrities

Who will be there from the Harry Potter films and will I be able to meet them?
During the event, there will be scheduled appearances by some of the cast members from the Harry Potter film series. Your opportunity to participate in events featuring various cast members depends on the scheduled activities included in your vacation package. Please check your vacation package entitlements for full details of what’s included in your specific package.

When will I know the celebrities that will be attending? Please continue to check www.universalorlando.com/celebration for updates about the event. Celebrities may not be announced until closer to the event.

Will J.K. Rowling be there? No, J.K. Rowling will not be in attendance.

Autograph and Q&A Sessions

How can I participate in the Autograph and Q&A sessions? Guests can purchase a Premier Package to participate in one Cast Member Autograph session. Guests can purchase either a Premier package or a Celebration package to participate in one Cast Member Q&A session. There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

What type of celebrities will be at the Autograph and Q&A sessions? The Autograph and Q&A sessions will feature select cast members and filmmakers from the Harry Potter films.

Where will the Autograph and Q&A Sessions take place? Autograph and Q&A sessions will take place in various areas within Universal’s Islands of Adventure – home to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Specific locations and times will be provided in your welcome packet.

Where will I pick up my welcome packet? You will receive e-mail communication at a later date on how and when you will receive your welcome packet.

Can I purchase extra Autograph and Q&A sessions? No. The number of Autograph and Q&A sessions is predetermined based on the vacation package you purchase and cannot be changed. Please check your vacation package entitlements for full details of what’s included in your specific package.There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

What should I bring to the autograph session? Universal Orlando will provide markers and celebrity photos at the Autograph session. You may also bring a personal item – like a Harry Potter DVD or movie poster– to be signed; however we ask that only one item be signed per cast member.

Can I bring a camera and or/video camera to the event? Yes, you can bring a camera/video camera to the event. However, please keep in mind we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate requests for personal photos with cast members.

Vacation Package Questions

I am an Annual Pass Holder; do I have to purchase a vacation package? Yes, this is a separately packaged event. There will be additional ways for a limited number of people to participate in celebration events. Stay tuned for more details.

How will I get my admission for the event festivities? You will receive an email with instructions at a later date on how to fulfill your vacation package and gain access to the events.

Film Screening Questions

Are the film screenings included in the vacation package? No. Harry Potter film screening tickets are not included in the vacation package.

When will film screening tickets be available for purchase? Film screening tickets will be available for separate purchase at a later date. Please continue to check for updates.

Are film screening tickets exclusive to vacation package guests only? No. They will be available for purchase by the general public.

What will be the price of the film screening tickets? Pricing is not available at this time. Please continue to check for updates.

Nighttime Gala Event on November 13

How can I attend the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13? Guests who purchase the Premier package attend the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13. Upon your arrival, event details will be provided in your welcome packet.

What is the attire for the Nighttime Gala Event on November 13? There is no set attire for the November 13 event. However, since you will be experiencing all of the adventures of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, comfortable theme-park attire is recommended.

Will food and drinks be included at the evening event? Yes, you will enjoy an assortment of food and drinks from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as part of the event.

Is there any minimum age restriction to attend? We understand that there are Harry Potter fans of all ages. Therefore, we leave it up to the discretion of the child’s parent or guardian as to whether the festivities of "A Celebration of the Harry Potter Films" will be suitable for their children.

Can I bring a camera to the event? Yes. This is a special event so we recommend bringing a camera to capture your memories.

If I wasn't saving my money for a trip to San Diego Comic Con 2012, I'd soooo be there.

Hopefully this will become a yearly thing like SWW.

OMG! I must take my family to this!!!! There are 6 of us and we usually get 2 connecting rooms, I wonder how this will work out in trying to book this special package . . . .

Do you think the crowds will be out of there on the week of 11/14-11/18?
I just booked before this announcement was released, so I am now hoping this will not make this a croweded week. I chose this week specifically for low crowds.

It's very possible Universal (especially IoA/WWoHP) will be more crowded then normal, due to the event

Do you think the crowds will be out of there on the week of 11/14-11/18?
I just booked before this announcement was released, so I am now hoping this will not make this a croweded week. I chose this week specifically for low crowds.
I don't know how much, but it would have to up the crowds on some level. It will bring thousands of people to the parks that otherwise would not be there if this special event was not going on.

I wish you didn't have to purchase it with hotel rooms and park admission since we are AP holders living in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter