• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celiac Sprue/Food Allergies - Anyone used restaurant/dining cards?

Hi all!

My husband has Celiac Sprue, a food allergy to wheat, gluten, oats, barley, rye, the list goes on and on. This question is for those of you with food allergies or have someone in the family with them. Have you ever used these dining/restaurant cards that I have found out on the internet? If so have they helped? I'm trying to decide if purchasing them with worth the money. I have found some that are free on the internet but these ones that I am willing to pay for are in 2 languages and are for a specific cuisines (i.e.: mexican, japanese, chinese, indian, etc.). I figured they would be very helpful in Epcot since we plan to do alot of dining there. If anyone wants to give their 2 cents about this I would appreciate it very much! :sunny:

Thanks!

This is the website for the dining cards I was explaining above:
www.triumphdining.com/

I followed your link and those cards look quite nice.
From everything I have read in guidebooks and from people's experiences posted on these boards, I don't think your husband will have much trouble at WDW. Celiac is one of the very frequently commented on food allergies. It appears that WDW has a lot of experience with it.

I'm not celiac but have a wheat allergy. If your eating in the parks, I don't think you'd need the cards. The staff at Disney is very informed and uber cautious about special diets from my experience. Just be sure to let them know in advance and they will be more than willing to help you.

We have had to be mindful of a wheat-free diet, and our dining experience at WDW has been wonderful. When you make your PS reservations, have your diet restrictions noted.

Second, contact Brenda Bennett [brenda.bennett@disney.com] for useful information on all food-service types (counter, sit-down, etc.) in the Parks, and forms for providing information to your restaurants through internal channels.

Lastly, inform the host and hostess of your special diet needs when you check-in, and ask to speak with the chef. Don't be surprised if they do not have the information on your reservation record. The timing of this speeds your order along, and lets the chef prepare for meeting you soon after seating.

We did bring rice rolls, rice pasta and other snacks with us a back-up, but never had to use them.

Enjoy! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter