Chance of Paying for Upgrade at Check-In?

bzmaru24

Earning My Ears
Going to Aulani this Saturday with wife and DD of 10 months for 8 nights. We paid cash and are not DVC. Being new parents, we thought it'd be best to get a room that included a microwave and fridge to help with food. But, being new parents, we booked a studio instead of a 1-bedroom villa. We only realized our mistake TODAY! We see the logic in having us and our little one sleep in separate rooms, but saw it way too late. We're noobs...

Anyway, we called and tried to see if there were any 1-bedroom villas available for the duration of our stay. They said that there weren't at the 30% off promotion that we got. However, I do see that if we just pick the standard rate instead of selecting the promotion rate, a 1-bedroom villa option is available for our entire stay now. What are the chances that we show up at check-in and ask if there are upgrades to a 1-bedroom villa and, if so, how much more should we be expecting to spend? I understand we'd have to pay for the upgrade.

It will entirely depend on availability and occupancy, so no one can give a good guess.

Like WDW, Aulani allots X number of rooms to any promotional offers. If there's no availability under your promotional offer for a 1BR, you may need to forfeit your promotional offer to upgrade, and pay that difference. May not be worth it. But, definitely ask at check-in. You never know if they get a last minute cancellation or no show. The worst they can say is no!

I totally get the reasons why you might want a separate bedroom, privacy, quiet etc but if you do have to stick to the studio, it is actually not too bad for your scenario. The hallway as you enter into a studio is pretty long compared to other hotel rooms. I think you could probably put the pack and play right up against the entry door and still be able to get to the bathroom so it would *almost* be like a separate bedroom. You can see what I mean in the layout below of a deluxe studio. The entrance is similar in the studios without the angled wall and balcony.

upload_2019-4-1_14-12-8.png

You can see by this pic it would block the closet but still it will be away from the main sleeping area.

upload_2019-4-1_14-15-20.png

ah i see. that's really helpful to know not all is lost if we stick to the studio! thanks for the floor plan and closet photo! it really helps in seeing what our sleeping strategy is.

You also will have a decent size balcony you can sit out on if you're worried about being quiet while the little one sleeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter