Chances of a Poly waitlist

InabinettheCabinet

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

Wondering what my chances are on waitlist for 6 nights at the Poly in the middle of September.
We are currently booked for SSR but really hoping we can get Polynesian. Think there is any chance a waitlist might come through for that?

If you are okay with split stays, I’d waitlist 3 nights and 3 nights, increasing your chance of the waitlists coming through
If I were to get the two separate waitlist. Would MS be able to combine the two reservations into one if the room is the same category?

I feel like you have a good chance with 2 separate waitlists. Mine came through at Poly for July 4th so those rooms do tend to come online for popular dates.

I feel like you have a good chance with 2 separate waitlists. Mine came through at Poly for July 4th so those rooms do tend to come online for popular dates.
See you at the Poly for July 4th neighbor :wave2: I’m terrified of how hot it’s going to be but happy to be at the Poly cause I’m sure we’ll be spending most of our time at the resort rather than the parks lol

Also OP, even though I own at Poly this was a bit of an unexpected trip so I booked this just after the 7mo window opened and some days were waitlists that came through. I agree with others that this far out your chances are decent but I’d also split the WL into two halves. Or even waitlisting day by day and stalking regularly for any other open days. This is definitely is a bit more legwork but since single day WL have the best chance of filling and you have quite a few months to make this happen, I think your chances are decent. Just depends on how much time you want to put into it lol

I’m also doing a “split” stay with our July 4th trip since we’re in a lake view room for the first 3 nights and a standard view for the last 4. A bit annoying but we really just wanted to stay at the Poly for this trip. I would have kept waitlisting to stay in a lake view room the whole time but my banking window is coming up and didn’t want to mess with that so we’ll just settle. So you could do something like that if a few days pop up in a standard view room and the rest in lake view? Just some other ideas.

See you at the Poly for July 4th neighbor :wave2: I’m terrified of how hot it’s going to be but happy to be at the Poly cause I’m sure we’ll be spending most of our time at the resort rather than the parks lol

Also OP, even though I own at Poly this was a bit of an unexpected trip so I booked this just after the 7mo window opened and some days were waitlists that came through. I agree with others that this far out your chances are decent but I’d also split the WL into two halves. Or even waitlisting day by day and stalking regularly for any other open days. This is definitely is a bit more legwork but since single day WL have the best chance of filling and you have quite a few months to make this happen, I think your chances are decent. Just depends on how much time you want to put into it lol

I’m also doing a “split” stay with our July 4th trip since we’re in a lake view room for the first 3 nights and a standard view for the last 4. A bit annoying but we really just wanted to stay at the Poly for this trip. I would have kept waitlisting to stay in a lake view room the whole time but my banking window is coming up and didn’t want to mess with that so we’ll just settle. So you could do something like that if a few days pop up in a standard view room and the rest in lake view? Just some other ideas.
Well that sounds good. Sounds like the odds are in my favor haha.
I already have one night that I was able to grab. I'll just keep checking and modifying day by day.

Worst case I do have a SSR reservation for that week. Either way we will be happy, we've never stayed at SSR.

Question on this OP scenario, if two 3 day waitlists are created to replace the six day existing reservation and one comes through, does the original reservation get completely canceled or just three days of it? Or should you call member services to have the original reservation split into two 3 day reservations and then create the two waitlists?

I'm here to wish you good luck with your wait-list! My family had two Poly standard studios booked over veterans Day weekend and then we decided to try and add a day... The Sunday night of the long weekend which had been booked up for months... And both wait-lists came through! I think your chances are good too! There are lots of studios for folks to cancel.

Question on this OP scenario, if two 3 day waitlists are created to replace the six day existing reservation and one comes through, does the original reservation get completely canceled or just three days of it? Or should you call member services to have the original reservation split into two 3 day reservations and then create the two waitlists?

You would need to call MS to add a note to only cancel the marching days, A waitlist will cancel all days without such note and you can’t indicate online.

But I would not put in two three day waitlists for one 6 day trip…

I would try to break it up if there is still availability. MS can’t split a reservation once it is made…

You would need to call MS to add a note to only cancel the marching days, A waitlist will cancel all days without such note and you can’t indicate online.

But I would not put in two three day waitlists for one 6 day trip…

I would try to break it up if there is still availability. MS can’t split a reservation once it is made…
Wait... a waitlist will cancel my existing SSR reservation even though I put on the waitlist to not cancel anything?

Wait... a waitlist will cancel my existing SSR reservation even though I put on the waitlist to not cancel anything?
No, if you said do not replace and do not borrow it will only use your current UY allotment of points and not touch any existing reservations.

@BL2020 asked a hypothetical where a member would replace a reservation.

"if two 3 day waitlists are created to replace the six day existing reservation and one comes through"

No, if you said do not replace and do not borrow it will only use your current UY allotment of points and not touch any existing reservations.

@BL2020 asked a hypothetical where a member would replace a reservation.

"if two 3 day waitlists are created to replace the six day existing reservation and one comes through"
Ahh okay. Pheww lol. Had me scared for a minute haha.

Sorry…I think I was unclear. If you set a waitlist for 3 days and you have a 6 day, it will cancel all 6 days, not just the matching 3 days.

If you only want it to change some, you have to call MS to have them note that.

My response was in reply to someone who asked about setting up two three days and whether each would only replace the corresponding days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter