• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances of Fastpass + being in effect for everyone this December?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
My family of 7 is going to be at WDW from 12/14-12/21. I will be buying parkhoppers for the five adult children. My understanding is that if I purchase ,receive and register them prior to 60 days out I will be able to use fastpass+ if the fastpass plus system is up and running by December.My quandry is that Hubby and I like to purchase DVC AP's( don't have a current one) But since the DVC ap's can't be purchased until we get to WDW, I would not be able to register them or get Fastpass+ with them and so would not be able to get fastpasses for everyone to use together:(
If I buy regular passes for my hubby and I, it will be much less economical since we also have 2 trips for us planned for 2014. What do you think the chance is that the fastpass plus system will really be up and running for everyone this December? Or can I just stop stressing about this aspect of the trip?

My family of 7 is going to be at WDW from 12/14-12/21. I will be buying parkhoppers for the five adult children. My understanding is that if I purchase ,receive and register them prior to 60 days out I will be able to use fastpass+ if the fastpass plus system is up and running by December.My quandry is that Hubby and I like to purchase DVC AP's( don't have a current one) But since the DVC ap's can't be purchased until we get to WDW, I would not be able to register them or get Fastpass+ with them and so would not be able to get fastpasses for everyone to use together:(
If I buy regular passes for my hubby and I, it will be much less economical since we also have 2 trips for us planned for 2014. What do you think the chance is that the fastpass plus system will really be up and running for everyone this December? Or can I just stop stressing about this aspect of the trip?

A couple of things...

1. It's looking more and more likely that this "testing" phase is actually a phased rollout. It was reported on the POR thread that any guest of that resort after Sept. 3 will be offered MagicBands and FP+. This is just my opinion based on what I've seen reported so far.

2. You could always buy tickets for the length of your stay, attach them to your MDE profile and then upgrade to a DVC AP when you get to Disney. Just be warned that there have been some reported issues with upgrading from MYW tickets to APs and FP+ reservations being lost in the process, but those could be fixed by December.

We bought DVC APs online and just selected the will call pick up option. I was then able to link my confirmation number to MDE and assign tickets and pick FP+ for my group. If you have the paper vouchers sent, I don't think you can link it so the key is the Will Call option.

We bought DVC APs online and just selected the will call pick up option. I was then able to link my confirmation number to MDE and assign tickets and pick FP+ for my group. If you have the paper vouchers sent, I don't think you can link it so the key is the Will Call option.

When is/was your stay? OP is asking about December and I don't know if anyone going in December (or October or November for that matter) is able to do FP+ yet.

I bought DVC AP vouchers for my DH and 2 DS and were able to link them in MDE, my daughter and I already have active APs. We are going in Nov and don't see any FP+ options yet.

Not sure if I want to test or even use FP+ yet. I don't like change.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

When is/was your stay? OP is asking about December and I don't know if anyone going in December (or October or November for that matter) is able to do FP+ yet.

Fingers are crossed I get picked for testing FP+ for my October trip. It's my annual "mom getaway" trip and figure it would be easier taking it for a spin without DH & boys. Next family trip is in March 2014.

I just have a parkhopper ticket for this trip.

jekjones1558 said:

Sorry, to clarify, I was giving OP the information that she can buy both the tickets for her kids and the APs for her and her husband and she can link them all to MDE. I did realize what she was asking, I was giving her another alternative for tickets just in case FP+ is available to her in December. This way seems easier to me than buying tickets and then having to go upgrade them.

I just ordered DVC APs online for the entire family and had them mailed to me. They are a green card that says bring to guest services....

Long story short, I was able to scan the barcode on the back to link each one to a person in our party for our trip using my iPhone camera, and they now show up as DVC annual pass....

Now to hope AKL is live for December trip.

From what I've been reading and the way testing is going my guess is that Magic Bands and FP+ will be fully rolled out by December. Only time will tell.

As noted, you should be able to enroll vouchers in MDE. You could also buy regular tickets, enroll them, and upgrade them when you arrive.

As for whether or not it will be fully in place: the most recent earnings call had a date of "first quarter '14" for full roll-out. Disney's first quarter for FY14 is October '13-December '13. So, I think you'll probably be in FP+.

I just ordered DVC APs online for the entire family and had them mailed to me. They are a green card that says bring to guest services....

Long story short, I was able to scan the barcode on the back to link each one to a person in our party for our trip using my iPhone camera, and they now show up as DVC annual pass....

Now to hope AKL is live for December trip.

To scan the barcodes on the vouchers using your iphone you must have been working with MDE on your phone? Could you post a few more details of the process you used. I would be very grateful if this could work for me. Thanks!

Can I hear the long story? :) I would love more information as to how you did this? We have all activated our APs except for DS who has a voucher.

We are traveling to Disney in Sept and are in theory eligible for FP+ testing. However, we have DVC PAP vouchers that I scanned into MDE but we are still showing as ineligible for FP+. After calling IT, I was told vouchers do not register as tickets, once we have an active ticket in hand we will then be able to schedule FP+. So even though our vouchers are scanned and show in MDE, they are not the same as a ticket. A bit of a pain, maybe they will have the voucher issue sorted out by Dec.

Has anyone been able to register their DVC AP will call tickets and make fastpass+ reservations ?

Has anyone been able to register their DVC AP Vouchers and make fastpass+ reservations ?

I have a feeling the only way to get fastpass+ for all 7 of us is to buy everyone PH tickets, register them, make the fastpass+ ressies(if available) and upgrade mine and hubby's to DVC AP when we get there (hoping there are no lost Fastpass+ in the transfer).

One other ?--Can we use our PH for a few days before we upgrade them or do they have to be upgraded before they are used?

Thanks so much for everyone's help and advice!

I would say the chances are very good. As to the AP, I was told if you buy it online from WDW tickets you can use the confirmation number to link and book.

I have not been told anything about the vouchers you get from MS.

We are traveling to Disney in Sept and are in theory eligible for FP+ testing. However, we have DVC PAP vouchers that I scanned into MDE but we are still showing as ineligible for FP+. After calling IT, I was told vouchers do not register as tickets, once we have an active ticket in hand we will then be able to schedule FP+. So even though our vouchers are scanned and show in MDE, they are not the same as a ticket. A bit of a pain, maybe they will have the voucher issue sorted out by Dec.

We are travelling in September and linked our dvc ap vouchers and made fast pass plus resides on MDE. Not sure why you got this,information from IT. Call back and see if you get a different answer.

If I purchase PH tix from Undercover Tourist will I be able to link them to MDE and get FP+ if it's available for our January trip? We usually get DVC AP's, but, will probably be only making one five day trip in 2014 so don't plan to get AP's this time around.

We are travelling in September and linked our dvc ap vouchers and made fast pass plus resides on MDE. Not sure why you got this,information from IT. Call back and see if you get a different answer.

Thank you so much for this info! I will definitely be calling back! I wish IT could get it together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter