Changed from Kidani in Aug. for our two nights....to OKW

edk35

DIS Veteran
I asked for advice a few weeks ago ....couldn't decide between the 2 br. with 3 baths at Kidani or OKW. We needed one or the other for the sleeper chair. We have always LOVED OKW and never mind staying there at all... However...since we are traveling with older kids/young adults...I went with Kidani for that 3rd bathroom and of course the animals are a PLUS too. THEN....after staying 2 nights in a studio at Kidani over spring break...I decided that we will stay at OKW. I would have booked Jambo if they had villas like Kidani because I like having a quick service restaurant and Boma's. I just don't like the longggggggggggggggg walks to the lobby at Kidani. I wish they had a quick service restaurant there too. I also like the parking situation better at OKW, closeness to DTD too. SO....OKW it is!!! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 We own at both, and while we love the animals at AKV, we HATE the long hallways and the darkness of the units. We also love the "down and out" parking at OKW, but we don't mind the under cover parking at AKV. It's nice to take an elevator down to your car.

Enjoy your visit. You have given it lots of thought, and you know what you like!

I am not an OKW lover, but do book it sometimes and have always had good visits.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We love both resorts, but sometimes it is just fun to switch it up a bit too. Since you were at Kidani last time, OKW will feel new to you!

The way we get around the long walks at Kidani is to book near the Zazu elevator. The walk to Jambo from there is no more than two minutes. I really enjoy it in the evening. We head over to shop or to pick up snacks at the Mara. We've always had the request honored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter