Changes at VB?

suzy021372

Mouseketeer
I keep waiting to hear about improvements made to Volcano Bay... The only thing I have heard so far is the elimination of the Express Pass. Have any other improvements been made? I am a bit nervous about my day planned for VB in two weeks.

I've heard that they have cut back on attendance. Also heard that ride operators are becoming much more efficient and that is making a good difference in wait times.

They didn't actually get rid of Express Pass, but they aren't selling anymore. I believe they are still honoring ones sold before they stopped. They just announced earlier closing too for part of June. The website has not updated past today for VB early entry. However, part of the site says that it's available everyday for onsite hotel guests. So, I don't know what the exact status of early entry is. Also, you cannot pre-reserve cabanas or premium seating; they are only available day of first come/first serve. They are honoring previous reservations though. I would not assume that all problems will be resolved. There may be improvements, but I don't know if they can fix ride reliability and adjusting the Tapu Tapu/line system that quickly.

They eliminated the ability to reserve Krakatau Aqua Coaster + one additional ride via Tapu Tapu. Now you can only have ONE reservation at a time.

A recap of our upcoming day at Volcano Bay on June 27th:
We reserved a $425 single family stand-alone cabana and already purchased Express Passes for all of us.

Although it seems they are sorting out the major issues that understanably continue to arise, I am concerned that the money we spent in advance, and all the careful pre-planning I did, will all go out the window.
Universal's currently stating that cabanas and EP's are currently being honored, and it's probably my reading too much into it, but for me, it's open to the possibility of future change in policy.
Just have to wait and see I suppose...

Any reconnaissance re: wait times and if people are getting to do more rides? I've read lots of reviews about 1 ride in 6 hours! Yowza!

Any reconnaissance re: wait times and if people are getting to do more rides? I've read lots of reviews about 1 ride in 6 hours! Yowza!
The wait time seems to be about 3 hours after noon. I would be there for open and leave around then.

A recap of our upcoming day at Volcano Bay on June 27th:
We reserved a $425 single family stand-alone cabana and already purchased Express Passes for all of us.

Although it seems they are sorting out the major issues that understanably continue to arise, I am concerned that the money we spent in advance, and all the careful pre-planning I did, will all go out the window.
Universal's currently stating that cabanas and EP's are currently being honored, and it's probably my reading too much into it, but for me, it's open to the possibility of future change in policy.
Just have to wait and see I suppose...

Hi I felt they way too about the change in policy and losing all the pre-planning we did. However, when I talked to the guest service today, I know she was in management, she reassured me that they will honor the EP purchased in advance. The cabana could be a different story if it is in the area where they are not finished. However, I think you will be okay in the wave village.Yes they can change that but I really got the vibe that they won't. Here's to hoping:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter