Changes on the Magic

Worldtraveler777

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this has been posted, but I got it off one of my TA sites:

ORLANDO -- Disney Cruise Line will shift around some public rooms on the Disney Magic to give teens more space.
The teen club, Common Grounds, will be renamed The Stack and moved underneath the ship's funnel, displacing the sports bar.

The sports bar will relocate to a newly named multi-purpose club, Diversions, which formerly was a bar devoted to dueling pianos.

A new adults-only space, Cove Cafe, will take over the old Common Grounds area.

The refurb will be done during the Magic's scheduled late-September dry-dock.

A spokesman for the line said Disney will wait to see how the new spaces work out on the Magic before it decides whether to perform a similar renovation on the Disney Wonder next year.

As long as they get rid of the Nescafe! LOL!

DCL~ real coffee pleeeeeeeezzzzzze!!:p

No, DCL has never had a coffee cafe before now.

Note that this is only for the Magic at this time. There is no solid info but the logical thing would be this will happen to the Wonder when it goes into drydock which I think is 2005.

Here's an updated chart using the names above:

Old use of location=========>new use of location

ESPN Club sports bar=======>The Stack teen club
Common Grounds teen club===>Cove Cafe coffee bar
Off Beat dueling piano bar====>Diversions sports bar

No info as to what kind of coffee willl be served.

My personal conjecture is this: It will either be Nescafe or some brand we have never heard of, sorry Starbucks fans, but they are a competitor to a Disney affiliated product and I don't see that happening. IF it could have it would have heppened in Downtown Disney or in Disneyland where they do have a Coffee Cafe, but it's a noname. DCL has one unique thing among cruise ships about it being tied to the rest of Disney; the ship does pull the company line as far as what brand names of consumables you will find aboard. IE Nescafe, Kodak, Coke, etc...

Looking forward to it RellingTwin! I'm going to love a place to get on the internet that doesn't involve kids hanging out in chatrooms. I personally am not a coffee drinker but maybe it'll have hot chocolate :)

They're not getting rid of Dueling Pianos altogether, are they? we really liked Fidelio and Anton!

Sorry to say yes, they are moving on to other things. If Rae was still here she knows where Fidelio is going at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter