changes to points charts 2010

Thanks for posting this link! I'll have to keep checking the member site to see it the link comes back and whether they end up changing the points chart....It could be to my advantage!

TBH, I don't think the changes will affect us in the UK as much as most of us tend to go for a couple of weeks at a time and the points overall for a week won't change.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the charts appear again on the member website though.

TBH, I don't think the changes will affect us in the UK as much as most of us tend to go for a couple of weeks at a time and the points overall for a week won't change.

Will be interesting to see what happens when the charts appear again on the member website though.

We tend to avoid the weekend so for us it will cost more points. I worked out that Sun-Thurs 5 nights in a 1 bed at BCV would be 20 points more and our 3 nights at Vero in 2 OVIR's would be 12 points more :sad2:

I don't think it will effect me as I brought enough points for two weeks and never intended to not stay at weekends to save points.

I have noticed for the time that we like to go to OKW, it is actually 3 points less per week.

dolphingirl47

So does it look like they're changing the amount of points needed for certain days/seasons? Before we purchased, our guide told us that the points needed never changed, although the seasonal dates might vary slightly. :rolleyes:

I will not be a happy bunny if all of a sudden we don't have enough points to do our "usual" WDW vacation! :sad2:

This is a bit of a pain for me, I just bought 35 points at BLT for a 3 day 1 bedroom stay 1/3 years. I do understand that the points can change, but thought it was pretty unlikely. Wish I'd pushed the boat out for 36 now!!

We like to go during Adventure Season and our home resort is OKW. In 2009 this costs us 8 points per weekday and 20 points per Friday/ Saturday night for a grand total of 80 points for the week. In 2010 the same week will cost 9 points per weekday and 16 points per Friday/ Saturday night for a grand total of 77 points for the week. I suppose it is nice, but we bought our points so that we could have 2 weeks in a studio every year without having to bank or borrow. Now we will have 6 points more than what we require.

dolphingirl47

i was told when we bought that the total pointa in a year cannot change? yes they can change the points up on some but have to reduce elceware to accomadate.so total for the year never changes
Paulh

Interesting - on the DVC site now is this message:

On January 21 a version of the 2010 Vacation Point Charts was incorrectly posted. An updated version will be made available within the next week. Members with valid email addresses on record will receive an email when the new charts are available. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I wonder if they got their sums wrong for the total of number of points per year?

i was told when we bought that the total pointa in a year cannot change? yes they can change the points up on some but have to reduce elceware to accomadate.so total for the year never changes
Paulh
Yes, we were told that, too. I haven't read any of these threads, but I wouldn't be surprised if weekday/weekend points are evened out slightly. If everyone is catching on to the fact that it's more cost effective to pay cash for weekend nights then it's inevitable that the supply/demand ratio will change.

A week at AKV SV studio in adventure season has gone up by 2 points, I notice that BCV and BWV have stayed the same for the week.:confused3 I hope the 2 point increase is an error as I brought 202 points based on staying at AKV SV studio for 2 weeks every year. If it is not looks like we will be staying at a standard view in the future as I can't add on.

Eek, I hope they don't change too much as we like to stay every other year for two weeks in a two bedroom home at OKW. As we have to go in school hols we have a total of 31 points left over usually. I do feel sorry for the US folks who go during the week, like OAPs as apparently this is where the points will rise. We shall see.

Tina

I notice that it is AKV and BLT that have the weekly point increase - just so happens to be the two resorts that disney have for sale.:guilty:

Apparently there is now a message on the DVC member website that there was an error with the published charts and they will be re-published in the next week. Let's hope that the changes that may be affecting people were just errors :confused3

I hope the weekly increases are just an error as I did read the weekly increase is meant to stay the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter