• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Changing to a SMALLER ADR party size?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all,

I've searched through the threads and understand how it could be difficult to change ADRs to a larger party size, say from 3 to 5, especially when at the podium.

how about last minute changes to a SMALLER party size? Due to a family emergency, our party is changing from 5 to 3 persons. We have booked ADRs already, and the trip is ... now. Will it be a problem to just walk up and let the podium know that our party is smaller?

Thanks!

WaDiWo

No..it happens all the time. We had adr's for 5 last trip, but Becky's friend wasn't able to join us...so we just informed them when we arrived at the restaurant - there was no issue.
If you try to change, you run the risk of the CM messing up and cancelling your ADR and then telling you nothing is available, I wouldn't chance it.
It's not like you did it on purpose, don't worry about it.

we've done it many times. No big deal at all. Don't forget that ADR aren't really reservations. They seating times and you will def not have an issue. Don't kill yourself trying to change them, we never had an issue. have Fun

Thanks everyone!

As always, the disboards gives me one less thing to worry about.

cheers!
:cool1:

wadiwo

I know they have answered your question but don't forgot that some reservations require a credit card (Hoop Dee Doo, Fantasmic, and CRT are just 3 I can think of) and I think that if you don't cancel them they charge you.....can anybody verify what happens in this case? I know when I made mine they told me I had to cancel at least two days before show at Hoop or I would be charged.

I know they have answered your question but don't forgot that some reservations require a credit card (Hoop Dee Doo, Fantasmic, and CRT are just 3 I can think of) and I think that if you don't cancel them they charge you.....can anybody verify what happens in this case? I know when I made mine they told me I had to cancel at least two days before show at Hoop or I would be charged.

From personal experience I can tell you they will charge for the missing person. Sept '08 we had an ADR for Akershus. I woke up feeling ill that morning so sent my husband and mom on without me, thinking that as long as they showed up we wouldn't be charged. After I got home, I went online to pay my credit card and found I'd been charged.:headache:

I've been in this situation and I tried to change my ADR's for the smaller party - what a nightmare - I couldn't get into some of the same places. So my recommendation is to just show up with fewer people. And make sure you check your bill that you weren't charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter