Character interaction conversation starters?

Years ago I was at HS with my nephew. He was 3 at the time. He had a Buzz shirt on and the green army men were out for a meet and greet. They kept calling him Buzz and even signed his autograph book To Buzz. He loved it!

We have a "Family Mascot" named Senor Chester Fluffypants. He's a basic brown Build-a-Bear with 4 hearts in him (double time lord? No, just one for each family member). We get him a little outfit for our big vacations and take pictures with him places (I don't like putting too many pics of my kids on line, so he is our stand in).

We planned on SCFp staying in the car, but DD wanted to take him in on Day 1. She was scared of the characters. OK, we said, figuring he would end up riding in the stroller all day. Well, she did end up taking him to each character, to keep her from being scared. And they *loved* him!

Merida, of course, had a big serious conversation with the girls about their bear (was it really their brother?) and made a point to present SCFp and the girls to her brothers in the barrels.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in England tried to "steal" the bear, and we had a fun 10 minutes or so playing with them in Christopher Robbin's bedroom.

Tiana called the girls back over after pictures as SCFp was in the stroller (last day, not so scared) to be introduced. The girls still laugh about how Tiana and Naveen cracked jokes "Fluffypants? But he's not wearin' any pants!"

Rafiki took the bear and performed the Pride Rock/Baby Simba blessing on him, overhead thrust and all.

Donald Duck pitched a bit of a snit fit... because SCFp was wearing a Mickey shirt. Mickey and Minnie signed his shirt, and took a picture with just the three of them.

And on and on and on.... I couldn't have anticipated this would be such a hit, but my DD loved having SCFp just for "security" to start with, but we ALL loved how much interaction he spurred with all of the characters.

One of my favorite character moments from our last trip - my 2.5yo son had a donald stuffed animal and when he walked over to Donald - Donald gave him a huge hug- then grabbed the stuffed animal and ran over to Mickey and Goofy showing it off, bascially saying "ninnie nannie boo boo! He likes ME the best!" - it was so cute and funny.

I am DYING to try saying "Andy is coming!" to some of the toy STory characters- word on the street is that they fall to the ground to pretend they are toys again.

When I have met Disney characters at either Disney park I noticed that the face characters have always taken a liking to me for reasons unknown but I guess it's because i'm friendly and bubbly and a chatterbox but sometimes my mother says i'm shy. But anyway when I met one character at Disneyland "I think it might've been Mickey" and I was listening to my new pocket radio and Mickey hugged me but he switched the radio station on me and tried to dance and I thought it was really cool but then I had to change the station on my radio to the one I was listening to and Mom laughed like crazy afterwards. Another time was when we were at a character breakfast and Chip And Dale were just about to sign my autograph book when they saw that our table was full of food and so they saw Mom and decided to sign my book on the top of Mom's head but thank goodness they didn't pull her hair but it was funny. I wonder if and when I visit the Disney parks again I wonder if one of the Marvel heroes or the Cars characters will point at me and sign Dodge car or the heroes might say "Hey there Dodge Dakota" because that's a type of Dodge vehicle

• Ask Buzz to go into his Spanish mode, and he'll show off his best dance moves! For a fun photo-op, strike a flamenco pose!
  • Greet Doc McStuffins with a cheery "What's up Doc?" If you're lucky enough to see Doc from the Seven Dwarfs, you could say it to him, too!
  • Ask Stitch if he likes Dole Whip (he and Lilo probably get to eat a lot of it back home in Hawaii, since that's the only place you can find it outside of the Disney Parks). Or suggest that he try the Elvis-inspired cupcake served at the food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort!
  • Offer Snow White a Mickey head icon candy apple, and assure her that it's not poisoned.
  • If you're at Disney World, ask Aurora if she misses her castle at Disneyland, and if Cinderella ever invites her to sleep over in her castle. If you're at Disneyland, you can ask Cinderella if she misses her castle at Disney World, and if Aurora ever invites her to sleep over in her castle. Suggest the idea to Cinderella (or Aurora, depending on the park) and see what she thinks!
  • Teach Ariel to speak whale, or encourage her to "just keep swimming" when times are tough.
  • Do you have a toy bubble pipe at home? You probably can't bring it into the parks, but you can tell Ariel that you have your very own snarfblatt: "I can't get a noise out of it, but it sure makes great bubbles!"
  • Tell Anna and Elsa about your favorite chocolate treats. Or tell them about the yummy chocolate treats available at Disney Springs!
  • If the Disney Fairies make a surprise appearance, ask Fawn if she speaks whale (being an animal-talent fairy, she's fluent in various animal languages).
  • Ask any of the princesses if they've heard from Vanellope lately.
  • Ask Tiana and Naveen if their frog transformations had any lingering side effects that they wish would go away.
  • Introduce Drizella and Anastasia to Gaston and watch them flirt with him--it's hilarious!

How about if we just concentrate on getting the family portrait with a smile and let another family take their turn .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter