Character meal or Kids' gift baskets?

Gift Basket or another Character Meal?

• Gift Basket

• Character Meal

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
I was going to get gift baskets for my boys (ages 5 and nearly 2), thought they would like a little 'magic' to be delivered while we were at the park one day. But the more I read about the Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends breakfast, the more I'm wondering if we should do that instead, since DSnearly2 loves Pooh and would recognize those characters.

They would enjoy the gift baskets, and they'd have the little Mickey lunch sack (and some of its toy contents) as a keepsake; two of them total around $100. And we're already doing 2 other character meals (Lilo & Stitch breakfast and Goofy's Kitchen dinner), so maybe another character meal is a bit much? Doing another breakfast means another morning that we lose prime time at the park, and we're typically not big breakfast eaters, so it's mainly to meet the characters.

The breakfast, of course, would be a great photo op, and photos and journal are a great keepsake. I've changed my mind on this about 3 times now.

Would the money be better spent on the character experience? Or on the gift basket from Mickey? Is there such a thing as too much character interaction? We have never been before, so I just don't know what to expect. Your thoughts, please!

we are doing the same as you are GK for dinner , lilo and stich for breakfast. I am having the gift baskets delievered! I feel like it will be something they would never expect! And they will be able to show their friends what Mickey sent for them. We talked about what to do for our other meals and the boys said let's eat at the park and ride more rides , they don't want to give up anyride time! I asked the 6 year old if he would like to do the birthday at plaza inn and he even said that would eat up too much ride time! I think the baskets are a great idea.

Hi, I am fairly new here. Finally booked our next DL trip for Sept 2006 and am now in full planning mode.

What are the gift baskets? How do you order them?

DS will be 2 in May and loves all things Disney already... like his mum. Is he too young for one?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers
Angela

sydangel68 said:
Hi, I am fairly new here. Finally booked our next DL trip for Sept 2006 and am now in full planning mode.

What are the gift baskets? How do you order them?

DS will be 2 in May and loves all things Disney already... like his mum. Is he too young for one?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers
Angela

Here's the previous thread with all the info, including prices and packages.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1073985&highlight=gift+baskets

sydangel68, the Mickey's Lunch, even though it is marked for age 3+, was the only one that sounded appropriate for my DSnearly2. It has a few snacks in it, but no chocolate or nuts, and I think they said the puzzle was wood and large pieces. I asked another DIS mom, who had gotten this for her older boy, what her opinion was, and she said she thought it would be fine for a 2yo.

Its a hard call. $100 is a lot of money for a couple lunch bags and some snacks. I looked at the gift baskets when we went last fall and decided I would rather let my kids choose more things in the park that they really wanted, rather then spending money on something sight unseen.

We are doing a couple Character meals but I located a gal last year off of Eaby who was kind enough to make a gift basket and deliver to the hotel. It was in our room when we got there and the cost was so resonable. We are headed back in 13 days and i have lined her up to deliver baskets with snacks and fun for DD's again! It is like have your cake and eating it too! :wizard:

I guarantee they will never remember the gift baskets, but a trip to Goofy's kitchen is a lifetime of memories and video they can watch over and over. DL locals make the brunch before or dinner after an annual event for birthday's etc. Kids talk about it forever and they will return home to tell everyone about it. You can have the characters sign their books and then put a their picture with each character next to the autograph. Or have them sign the table and make a wall poster out of it with lots of pics of their trip. Make a reservation in advance - Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter