Character Meals for Adults

Hippychickali

DIS Veteran
My DFi and I are going on our honeymoon to WDW, so there will be no children with us. I also posted this on the Restaurant Board but I wanted to see what you all thought as well. Should we do a character meal? I'm just wondering if it will be strange to interact with charcters while there are no kids with us. Will they come over to us? What do you think?

Ali

Our last trip was the first trip for me and my DBF, just the two of us. Previously we had gone with his sister's family (inc 2 kids) or friends.

This past time, I booked 2 character meals, the DBF was a little weird about it but I figured Hey we're in Disney after all. We did the LTT thanks to recommendations from the lovely DISboarders and our last morning we did Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary (something we also did with his fam that last morn we were there)

WE LOVED IT! The characters definetly come over to you. We had a great time and now its a tradition. It made for a great time and some great pictures. It was not strange in the least.

We have eaten at the Garden Grill several times, just adults, and the characters spent a lot of time with us, we did not feel out of place.We also ate at Kona Kafe with Capt. Hook and Mr. Smee. Smee sat with us a while untill I told our server to give him the check.

This might seem like a silly question but if the two of us do go, would there be someone there to take our picture with the characters?

Ali

Did my first character meal at LTT in December, 2004. Good food and fun!

A CM is with the characters. You can ask if he/she will take the photo if you set the camera. If you go to LTT, it is "family" style, with a number of people at each table. The diners usually help one another, as well.

DH and I are going to WDW in July for our anniversary, without the kids, and we are planning on 2 character meals.

The first one is Cinderella's castle for breakfast. princess: We did this one back in 2001 when we had the kids with us. I'm going to ask WL concierge to book the PSs for me, and if they can get that one for us then great, if not, then no big deal.

The second character meal will be lunch at the Garden Grill. :sunny: We haven't eaten there yet, so we're looking forward to trying it.

I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you! I say go and enjoy!!

Hippychickali,

I'm actually doing 2 character meals and two other priority seating dinning during my trip in 9 days and I will be there solo. I know that I will have a great time at each of these.

March 2nd 8:40 am at Chef Mickey's (breakfast)

March 3rd 5:15 pm at Crystal Palace (dinner)

March 4th 9:30 am at Donald's Breakfastosaurus (breakfast)

March 5th 5:30 Bomas (dinner)

oh yea - lots of time - Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Cape May Cafe, Garden Grill, 'Ohana,etc

Park Faire at the Grand Floridian has a terrific character dinner with the Cinderella characters-including Cinderella. We keep going back because *the*food*is*so*GOOD*!

We've been with kids, without kids, with parents, for birthdays, and it's been consistently wonderful. You'll have to roll yourself out of there when you're done because everything at the buffett is so marvelous.

Trust me, I"m almost 35 and I wear my princess tiara all over the place in Disney and if people aren't openly laughing at me (and they can't with their own giant light up Goofy hats), then they're not going to give you any trouble about being at a character dinner.

The social rules are Different at Disney.

My two allegedly adult friends and I go to WDW at least once a year and character dining is always on the list. The characters come right to your table and pose for photos - we always enjoy looking at the pictures later. :earsgirl:

My mum and I (i'm 22 she is 40ish!) Are having a character meal at the Crystal Palace and at DLP we ate with Chip and Dale (I swear they were drunk but thats another tale!) at the resturant in the disney land hotel

My daughter(18)and I did a couple of character breakfasts last year. We loved it. They came over to us and we took lots of pictures. I am a big Mickey fan!!!

Ok I am glad that I found this thread...when I made my PS for Chef Mickey's just for DH and myself....the CM made me feel weird to be going to a Character meal sans kids.

My husband and I did the CB at Animal Kingdom when we were on our honeymoon three years ago. At first my DH was a little weird about it but we both ended up having a great time. The characters don't ignore you at all. I think that sometimes they get a kick out of seeing adults enjoying themselves as much as the kids. There is always someone around who is willing to take a picture for you.

Definitely treat yourselves to a character meal! I do them all the time I visit, you can get just as much interaction or more if you did have kids with you! You might even have all the characters at your table! Great photo op's!

Crystal Palace for dinner is my favorite meal - Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet plus really great food for not too an outrageous price.

DH and I booked a seating about 45 min before the place closed and it was fabulous. It was quite noisy when we arrived, but all the cranky kids were gone close to closing time.

The characters also seemed happy to play with adults rather than just get swarmed with kids. My DH had a bouncing contest with Tigger, I pouted with Eeyore, and we got pics will several characters at a time.

We did Liberty Tree the next night and I was disappointed - much less charater interaction, crappy processed food, and for the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter